Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I don't really know what happened with the airline industry but it seems that in order to be able to purchase a ticket now days it requires a huge lotto win. We looked into possibly heading to LOS for a two week visit but when we checked the fares, I about fell over!

For my family of four we were looking at about $8k in fares. Are people really paying these prices? I know costs have gone up but this is just stupid!

Guess we'll be vacationing a lot closer to home this year.

Edited by captcraig2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just hope that you are this confident when your 70 but it sounds as if your 100% sure about everything that you think you know about. Besides health and age issues some of us are tied into minding f

I don't really know what happened with the airline industry but it seems that in order to be able to purchase a ticket now days it requires a huge lotto win. We looked into possibly heading to LOS for

Difficult to do when your on a pension!   As I understand it the Brits and Australians are world champions on adding surcharges to fares. Having said that I assume that the OP has booked business cl

Posted Images

In these times of austerity we all have to learn to make sacrifices.

Leave the wife and kids behind! (a jest sir).

I just bought a ticket, it was up 50% from just 6 months ago.

When prices go up

You gotta make more money

;)

Difficult to do when your on a pension!

As I understand it the Brits and Australians are world champions on adding surcharges to fares. Having said that I assume that the OP has booked business class and therefore the answer is in his own hands.

• Downvote 1

Having said that I assume that the OP has booked business class and therefore the answer is in his own hands.

I'd like to know where you can get 4 business class tickets from the USA to Thailand for $8000 USD!

• Upvote 1

I'd like to know where you can get 4 business class tickets from the USA to Thailand for $8000 USD!

Well assuming 2 adults and 2 kids, surely this is miles over the top at $8000? I have never read fares of this level here.

'Lost the ability to earn'

are you suffering from some massively debilitating disability or just the mistaken belief that attaining a certain age negates you from making any more money?

• Upvote 1

Well assuming 2 adults and 2 kids, surely this is miles over the top at $8000? I have never read fares of this level here.

teelack, 4 tickets for $2000 USD each ($8000) will get you an economy fare from the USA to LOS, no way it could be business class. So, you're comment about the "answer being in his own hands" is a bit of a slap without basis.

• Upvote 1

teelack, 4 tickets for $2000 USD each ($8000) will get you an economy fare from the USA to LOS, no way it could be business class. So, you're comment about the "answer being in his own hands" is a bit of a slap without basis.

OK I take it all back. I was led to believe that the fare was in the $1000 dollar mark and less for kids. I guess my first mistake was not to ask the OP if the 4 passengers were all adults.

OK I take it all back. I was led to believe that the fare was in the $1000 dollar mark and less for kids. I guess my first mistake was not to ask the OP if the 4 passengers were all adults.

Generally, the childrens' fare ends at 2 years of age, so they wouldn't have to be adults, exactly.

Well Ive not too far to go till that magic number

I assumed (mistakenly it seems) that youve enough gumption n get up n go left in you to be online here, you could divert these on line hours to pumping a few bux from t'internet.

• Downvote 1

This trip I paid $1086 SEA-NRT-BKK and back.

It took a lot of searching to get this fare on Delta (Diamond level so I fly them).

I did all kinds of what-ifs. What if I leave on different days. Longer stays, shorter stays........

Most times, I was in the $2000-$3500 range (couch fare)

I found some cheaper but via Detroit or 9 hours ini LAX.

Finally hit on a leave Friday 27th and return Saturday 26th (givinig up Sun.Mon in Thailand).

It was the hardest I ever worked to get a ticket here.

This trip I paid $1086 SEA-NRT-BKK and back.

It took a lot of searching to get this fare on Delta (Diamond level so I fly them).

I did all kinds of what-ifs. What if I leave on different days. Longer stays, shorter stays........

Most times, I was in the $2000-$3500 range (couch fare)

I found some cheaper but via Detroit or 9 hours ini LAX.

Finally hit on a leave Friday 27th and return Saturday 26th (givinig up Sun.Mon in Thailand).

It was the hardest I ever worked to get a ticket here.

That's a good fare...I was pricing fares BKK-SFO for June and managed to locate some in the $1300 range. If the OP doesn't depart from the USA west coast, it could be more.

That's a good fare...I was pricing fares BKK-SFO for June and managed to locate some in the $1300 range. If the OP doesn't depart from the USA west coast, it could be more.

I buy my ticket extremely far in advance. I bought my ticket last month for my trip in January, and paid $1185 for SFO-BKK, MNL-SFO on Cathay Pacific. Using miles I got MSP-SFO for $90 on Delta. All I have left to purchase is BKK-CRK which should be about $100 on Tiger airways. I think the trick is far in advance and not during the summer months in the US.

PB#1

Edited by PigBoy#1

Well, living in Korea does have it's perks. On average I pay somewhere between $400 - $500 round trip. Flight leaves Inchon at 1030 am and I'm in my room by 530 or 6 pm same day. That's low season toward the end of August. Christmas/New Years is about 50% over that.

:llaugh ....it's over $6,000 for one business class from SFO to Bkk.

Edited by spike