Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best places to buy souvenirs

One of the cheapest places to buy souvenirs is "Good Price Souvenir" located on 2nd road across from soi 7. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell thai place mat settings which all my friends go crazy over.

Are there any other good places?

Edited by short

One of the cheapest places to buy souvenirs is "Good Price Souvenir" located on 2nd road across from soi 7. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell thai place mat settings which all my friends go crazy over.

I've found that if you cut out random A4-sized sheets from the front page of the Bangkok Post and take them to any copy shop, they'll laminate them for a couple of baht. You can make 6 place settings for less than 2 USD. :thumbup

• Upvote 2

I've found that if you cut out random A4-sized sheets from the front page of the Bangkok Post and take them to any copy shop, they'll laminate them for a couple of baht. You can make 6 place settings for less than 2 USD. :thumbup

Handy tips for the recession.

I have a family to buy for as they look after house and cat. I found that the one place where I could get every thing is the newish so called Factory Outlet on what I think is called Tripp Plaza just up from Mikes and runs between Beach and Second Road. Great range at negotiable prices.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Handy tips for the recession.

As Valerie Singleton would have said, "Here's one I made earlier". As a bonus, it also saves you staring aimlessly into space whilst you're waiting on your minestrone soup!

• Upvote 1

I get all of my gifts for friends back home while sitting on a bar stool at 5 Star Bar Beach road....just have a couple of beers and look out at the scenery and every vendor on beach road will present their products for your approval.

it beats the hell out of worrying about where to buy souvenirs.

Big warehouse behind big C north pattaya second road by the differ club. Half the price of lukdod and you can buy anything from an elephant to a table!

Big warehouse behind big C north pattaya second road by the differ club. Half the price of lukdod and you can buy anything from an elephant to a table!

Never seen this place nor heard of the differ club. Have you got a name or a map reference?

Never seen this place nor heard of the differ club. Have you got a name or a map reference?

an3m1.com_ccb8091a341.png

an3m1.com_ccb8091a342.png

Edited by jhrawy
  • Upvote 1
Guest ether

For smaller items, I would suggest the Soi Buakhao Martket. (tuesday and friday).

Thepprasit Night Market on the weekend is worth a visit also.

Any place frequented by Thai's always represents good value for money.

I have a family to buy for as they look after house and cat. I found that the one place where I could get every thing is the newish so called Factory Outlet on what I think is called Tripp Plaza just up from Mikes and runs between Beach and Second Road. Great range at negotiable prices.

Someone gave you a red mark for that comment?

Try Mike's shopping mall on 2nd road. If I remember correctly on the 4th floor (where they have sports equipment - but down the other end). They have all kinds of souvenirs and I'm pretty sure I saw the of these mats there...

I get all of my gifts for friends back home while sitting on a bar stool at 5 Star Bar Beach road....just have a couple of beers and look out at the scenery and every vendor on beach road will present their products for your approval.

it beats the hell out of worrying about where to buy souvenirs.

Yes, I have seen you in action there.

If I remembered correctly, all I hear you say to each and every vendor is, "thank you but, no thank you, maybe next time"

LeoTex

• Upvote 2

i buy mine at Best price and Good price souvenirs both on 2nd road near central rd. Also there's good stuff south of mikes mall on 2nd rd a few places look like they only sell luggage but look in the back great stuff at low prices IMO

As you head to the Lukdod shop, ie turn left at BigC-Xtra, Soi Yume, immediately behind the Mall there is a tourist shopping place which, although not cheap, is convenient, everything in one place and air-conditioned. It seems to be aimed at the Russians and they seem to think others aren't allowed in... but it is on my normal route homeward so easy to pop in.

Someone gave you a red mark for that comment?

I noticed this as well and wondered why? Perhaps whoever owns another shopping centre somewhere in Pattaya but if whoever thinks I offended them by making a reasonable suggestion then let he/she explain why please.

• Downvote 2

Try Mike's shopping mall on 2nd road. If I remember correctly on the 4th floor (where they have sports equipment - but down the other end). They have all kinds of souvenirs and I'm pretty sure I saw the of these mats there...

Most souvenir shops on Mike Shopping 4th floor are now closed. They are transforming this place in yet another IT-area. A few remaining souvenirs on the 2nd Road side of 4th floor.

The place shown by jhrawy is a good place, but big and hot and not only for souvenirs. A kind of big bazaar with small prices.

There is a rather recent big place on the same street when arriving at Pattaya North Rd. It's Russians aimed, with price sometimes higher, but really everything you want as a souvenir. They have air-cond too ;)

For smaller items, I would suggest the Soi Buakhao Martket. (tuesday and friday).

Thepprasit Night Market on the weekend is worth a visit also.

Any place frequented by Thai's always represents good value for money.

Both of the places suffering with the " russkie inflation " syndrome....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yeah... prices hard to beat, but really small choices...however a good place to learn the real prices you can get anywhere, with your knowledge...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1