Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

i like the look of this place online but before i book wanted to have feedback from someone who knows it as to whether or not it is guest friendly - also if it's wifi in room has an ok connexion.

i like the look of this place online but before i book wanted to have feedback from someone who knows it as to whether or not it is guest friendly - also if it's wifi in room has an ok conne

I planned on doing a pictorial review once I had the time to read about resizing photos, but in the meantime I'll gladly say you could not go wrong at the @ Mind for comfort and cleanliness. I think the four star rating is deserved.

That being said, I believe it's primarily a family hotel even though I had no issues being there with my GF.

I will stay again in the hotel.

It might help if you post a picture and map of its location

As my post did mention, the useful feedback would be from those who knew of the hotel from personal experience or from friends.

• Upvote 1

As my post did mention, the useful feedback would be from those who knew of the hotel from personal experience or from friends.

I stayed there for five days in January and can second what cisco says:

I'll gladly say you could not go wrong at the @ Mind for comfort and cleanliness. I think the four star rating is deserved.

That being said, I believe it's primarily a family hotel even though I had no issues being there with my GF.

I will stay again in the hotel.

The comfort level of the serviced apartment itself was high. I'd have no problem living in the building on a permanent basis if the only consideration was the standard of the apartment and facilities. No difficulties at all in bringing back girls, but the wifi connection was weak during peak hours.

However, the "clash of cultures" element was pretty strong. A lot of the other guests were from Russia or the Middle East. One afternoon the TG who was staying with me went out on her own to get some things. In the elevator on her way back, she got hassled and mauled heavily by three ME guys. They even tried to restrain her from getting off at the floor on which we were staying, laughing at her the whole time. She came back to the apartment in tears. I wanted to complain to the management, but begged me not to, saying it would only make things worse for her.

The Russians, beyond their customary rudeness, would tie up the four computers in the lobby for hours, handing them off among family or friends so other guests couldn't use them. Russian kids would also use the computers to play online games with each other.

I did complain about that and the reception staff chased the kids off the computers. But ten minutes later, a Russian man, maybe the kids' father, came down and started raging at me and the Thai staff in Russian. He was very angry and the staff asked me to go back to my apartment until they could calm him down. I wasn't inclined to do that, but with hindsight, it was probably the best solution. I just hoped the "calming down" process would involve him getting a kicking, but I doubt that happened.

The other (relatively minor) downside factor was the location if you're going to be spending a lot of time on Walking Street or any other point south of Pattaya Klang. Getting back from WS is no problem, but getting to WS meant a 15-minute hike via Soi 6 to the Beach Road baht buses. Same-same long walk to Soi Bukhao. Of course, if you use a moto, that isn't an issue, nor is it an issue if you mainly visit points north of @ Mind.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

I stayed there for five days in January and can second what cisco says:

The comfort level of the serviced apartment itself was high. I'd have no problem living in the building on a permanent basis if the only consideration was the standard of the apartment and facilities. No difficulties at all in bringing back girls, but the wifi connection was weak during peak hours.

However, the "clash of cultures" element was pretty strong. A lot of the other guests were from Russia or the Middle East. One afternoon the TG who was staying with me went out on her own to get some things. In the elevator on her way back, she got hassled and mauled heavily by three ME guys. They even tried to restrain her from getting off at the floor on which we were staying, laughing at her the whole time. She came back to the apartment in tears. I wanted to complain to the management, but begged me not to, saying it would only make things worse for her.

The Russians, beyond their customary rudeness, would tie up the four computers in the lobby for hours, handing them off among family or friends so other guests couldn't use them. Russian kids would also use the computers to play online games with each other.

I did complain about that and the reception staff chased the kids off the computers. But ten minutes later, a Russian man, maybe the kids' father, came down and started raging at me and the Thai staff in Russian. He was very angry and the staff asked me to go back to my apartment until they could calm him down. I wasn't inclined to do that, but with hindsight, it was probably the best solution. I just hoped the "calming down" process would involve him getting a kicking, but I doubt that happened.

The other (relatively minor) downside factor was the location if you're going to be spending a lot of time on Walking Street or any other point south of Pattaya Klang. Getting back from WS is no problem, but getting to WS meant a 15-minute hike via Soi 6 to the Beach Road baht buses. Same-same long walk to Soi Bukhao. Of course, if you use a moto, that isn't an issue, nor is it an issue if you mainly visit points north of @ Mind.

Evil

:devil

Thank you for the full reply to my questions and for your other observations. All very helpful. About the wifi in the room - and that matters to me much more than their computers - I infer from your comment that the signal is ok most of the time. The arabs' and russians' behaviour as you describe it was obviously unpleasant but I daresay one might run into such elsewhere too - unless this place is a particular favourite of these nationals. I shall give the place a try.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...