Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

In November and December 2011, I posted some pictures of the work being done at The Avenue Mall. Please see these posts:

http://www.pattayata...nt/#entry928451

http://www.pattayata...-3/#entry933203

It appeared that they were, amongst other things, attempting to turn the back of the Mall into an equal front. Work on that seems to have ground to a halt. I was last here in early April and I cannot identify any progress made whilst I have been away. This is how it looks today:

DSC00222.JPG

DSC00223.JPG

DSC00224.JPG

DSC00225.JPG

This is how it was meant to look and you will see that there is absolutely no sign of the promised restaurants at the back:

DSCF2224.JPG

However, something is happening inside the Mall, with scaffolding going up (and not the bamboo stuff!).

DSC00226.JPG

DSC00227.JPG

DSC00228.JPG

Coffee World, Cream & Fudge, and Pizza World on the ground floor are all still closed.

DSC00229.JPG

Does anyone know what it is they are attempting to do this time to revive the place?

Yes, I think so. I was approached to take some space in the new development or to be an investor...not sure. I got a fancy brochure that described the new Avenue development as a party/entertainment area, sort of along the lines of what they were trying to do at Soho Square (it seemed to me).

I'm guessing the pre-sales inquiries didn't pan out, and they didn't proceed at the pace they were hoping.

The brochure was actually a small book with schematics for layout, designations of what kind of businesses would be in each area.

Yeah, that restaurant in the back you have a photo of had a quick death. There are plenty of hotels around and lots of foot traffic going by there so one wonders why the place cant seem to bring in the business.

My only guess would be that it might have done better if they had built it as an enclosed AIR-CONDITIONED mall from the start.

That being said, I personally go to the movies there quite a bit, and the Villa Market and sometimes McDonalds.

Yes, I think so. I was approached to take some space in the new development or to be an investor...not sure. I got a fancy brochure that described the new Avenue development as a party/entertainment area, sort of along the lines of what they were trying to do at Soho Square (it seemed to me).

I'm guessing the pre-sales inquiries didn't pan out, and they didn't proceed at the pace they were hoping.

The brochure was actually a small book with schematics for layout, designations of what kind of businesses would be in each area.

Thanks, MM.

Do you happen to recall what the business designations were? Any chance of some go-gos starting up there?

Thanks, MM.

Do you happen to recall what the business designations were? Any chance of some go-gos starting up there?

It was a high-faluting name, with Iranian backing, as I recall, but I tossed the brochure book.

If I find out again, I will try to repost here.

I have only ever used this place to go to the cinema or to cut through to get onto Soi Buckow. The cinema is very nice.DSCF0670.JPG

The theatre is nice and I rented my condo a few years ago from the real estate office on teh 3rd floor.Of course McDoanlds and Villa market are there and the "Mall" is across the street from Pattaya Bay Resort.During my last visit,the night market had overrun the grounds.

My only guess would be that it might have done better if they had built it as an enclosed AIR-CONDITIONED mall from the start.

Absolute agree... I liked really much the design..... on the photos..... but strolling to the movie in the hot hot hot weather I was rethink my position...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's difficult to work out what they are intending to do but, looking at the work again today, I was left wondering whether they MIGHT BE going to enclose it.

I'm sure I read some time ago that they were going to put a cover over the whole lot- but can't be sure.

With all that scaffolding - is it still possible to walk through the Avenue - from 2nd Rd to PBR?

Is "Entertainment" a unique Thai euphemism for brothel/p4p/'sexual services?

Only in Thailand can such a term be applied in such a way to make it all acceptable.