Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have never stayed there but it has good reviews on trip advisor from about 140 people. The price of a studio room there is pretty cheap at around 2500 baht with breakfast. You can get without breakfast for 200 baht less. Bigger apartments are around 5000 baht. I have stayed in a place like this but on soi 11 and that was much more expensive.

http://www.tripadvis...es-Bangkok.html

Looks nice on their website but that does not say much

http://www.phacharasuites.com/

Edited by Baht

Any recent reviews on this hotel in Bangkok? Do they supply hot shower and air con? How are the rooms? Clean? Any bugs, etc? Value for money?

Thanks! :D

I have stayed there five or six times and it's one of my favorites in BKK. I'll probably be staying there again for a few nights in July, but am always tempted to try new hotels.

The Phachara is a four-star hotel/serviced apartment establishment, so definitely air-con and hot shower/bath. Very, very clean, which is my top priority when it comes to a hotel. The one-bedroom units offer the best value for money (special on now, you can get one for USD87 per night) but the studio rooms are also good VFM. Guest friendly, but the hotel staff are inconsistent about asking for the girls' IDs. Sometimes they do, other times not.

Every room, whether studio or one-bedroom, has a kitchenette and a washing machine/dryer, which is very useful if you're staying three or four days or longer. Laundry is cheap in Thailand, but I find it convenient to wash my own clothes. Every unit has a balcony (interesting to watch the activity in the street). Good flat-screen TV.

OK pool, but a swimming pool isn't a big factor for me. The location is great in terms of both business and pleasure. It's a short walk to the Nana BTS and even shorter to NEP and all the other bars in the area. I don't often eat breakfast, so I can't comment on that aspect.

For the price, you can't do much better in BKK.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

At this hotel, can you reserve a room over the Internet directly with them and then pay at end of your stay (as usual with most hotels) or do they insist on payment at time of reservation? Do they allow cancelations?

In this age of coups, floods, and riots, I don't think it would be wise to "pay up front"

Edited by satyr

For 3000 not far off US$87 the club floor at President Palace is equal or better. Separate checkin, free breakfast in a private lounge or the buffet scrum in the main, free mini bar, two pieces of laundry daily and shoe shine, free papers, fruit plate daily, huge bed, tub and rain shower, wifi and wired LAN in room, usually free drinks poolside daily and a three hour drinks and snacks In the lounge daily.

Fancy shmancy for 3000 Bht. Great location Sukhumvit 11 and you can play Asiatravel prices against the hotel directly.

At this hotel, can you reserve a room over the Internet directly with them and then pay at end of your stay (as usual with most hotels) or do they insist on payment at time of reservation? Do they allow cancelations?

In this age of coups, floods, and riots, I don't think it would be wise to "pay up front"

Whether you can cancel or not depends on which rate you choose. The highly discounted "early bird" rates require that you pay in advance with no refund. For the less discounted rates, you don't pay in advance, but your credit card will be charged for one night's fee if you cancel less than 48 hours in advance.

Evil

I have stayed there five or six times and it's one of my favorites in BKK. I'll probably be staying there again for a few nights in July, but am always tempted to try new hotels.

The Phachara is a four-star hotel/serviced apartment establishment, so definitely air-con and hot shower/bath. Very, very clean, which is my top priority when it comes to a hotel. The one-bedroom units offer the best value for money (special on now, you can get one for USD87 per night) but the studio rooms are also good VFM. Guest friendly, but the hotel staff are inconsistent about asking for the girls' IDs. Sometimes they do, other times not.

Every room, whether studio or one-bedroom, has a kitchenette and a washing machine/dryer, which is very useful if you're staying three or four days or longer. Laundry is cheap in Thailand, but I find it convenient to wash my own clothes. Every unit has a balcony (interesting to watch the activity in the street). Good flat-screen TV.

OK pool, but a swimming pool isn't a big factor for me. The location is great in terms of both business and pleasure. It's a short walk to the Nana BTS and even shorter to NEP and all the other bars in the area. I don't often eat breakfast, so I can't comment on that aspect.

For the price, you can't do much better in BKK.

Evil

Evil, have you ever stayed in the Dynasty Grande across Soi 6 from the Phachara Suites? If so, how would you compare the two? I've been staying in the DG every time I am in BKK for a couple of years now, and like it, but I wouldn't mind trying the Phachara on my next trip.

Evil, have you ever stayed in the Dynasty Grande across Soi 6 from the Phachara Suites? If so, how would you compare the two? I've been staying in the DG every time I am in BKK for a couple of years now, and like it, but I wouldn't mind trying the Phachara on my next trip.

Yes, I have stayed at the Dynasty Grande on Soi 6. I prefer the Phachara, but that is because I always try for a one-bedroom suite whenever possible. The biggest room that is available at the DG is 43 sq meters and for roughly the same price, you can get a 65 sq m one-bedroom suite at Phachara. That's the deal-clincher for me.

But the pool and fitness center at the DG is better than the Phachara, so if that's important to you, the DG has the upper hand. In terms of other facilities aside from the pool and room size, the two are about equal in standard.

Evil

I have stayed at Phachara Suites numerous times, usually for a month at a time so I get an excellent rate. The rooms are kept very clean, Aircon works well and if it doesn't they send a technician to the room to fix it within 20 minutes. Generally lots of hot water.

Only downside is that the place is full of Arabs and lately Indians who take full advantage of the kitchenette and stink the place up with whatever they are cooking.