Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Areca Lodge, construction noise next door.

I always stay at the Mercure with a room at the back overlooking the pool. A mate was there 3 days ago and as above posts mention the big field behind they have started building the new hotel and the pool at the Mercure has been shut whilst they re shape it so it looks like Xmas will be elsewhere in Patts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The piece of land on the east side of the Areca Lodge has been cleared and as of yesterday, 18th June 2012, they have started on the foundations of the condo blocks that will be built there.   The p

The amount of building and constrution work at this location in recent years has been quite phenomenal   I have personally stayed their 3 times and each time there was building work being carried ou

The one time I stayed at the Areca that lot had a rooster which started crowing long before dawn and kept it up all day.   The rooster appears gone and the construction will end.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

with Cherry bar moving next door I will certainly stay in that area next trip.

The one time I stayed there it was noisy with construction and a rooster, again it seems to be construction (and it sounds like where the rooster lived).

My only complaint about the place was almost no dresser drawers.

Other than that comfortable enough.

• 2 weeks later...

'Just checked in yesterday (Evergreen wing), and while the construction site is certainly there, and if I walk out my door I'm looking at it, I don't see much going on at the moment, and there's no noise from there. (But one noisy baby on the floor - ten times worse than any rooster - does that count?)

Edited by tomcat76

'Just checked in yesterday (Evergreen wing), and while the construction site is certainly there, and if I walk out my door I'm looking at it, I don't see much going on at the moment, and there's no noise from there. (But one noisy baby on the floor - ten times worse than any rooster - does that count?)

Only in a movie theater!

;)

I have to issue an update... I came back around 4 in the afternoon that day, and there was some pounding going on at the Soi Diana end of the property. It couldn't have started before noon though. Only someone staying in the original Areca wing could've been at all bothered by it, and I'm not sure that wing even has any rooms facing that way.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have a construction update around the Areca Lodge. Would like to book it for early February but am concerned about noise.

Thanks

Prorose

I stayed at Arecalodge a couple of months ago, and did see some large fields that looked like they were leveled for some future construction. I asked the front desk if they knew about any consruction that might be happening in the future, but they did not know. I am planning on booking a room again at Arecalodge, but if work gets going on these fields, I will not stay during the construction as I like peace and quiet at my hotel.

Email the hotel, and ask if any construction is going on around it. Hopefully they'll respond and give you an accurate answer. I am going to email them myself before I book a room there, so that I know what is going on.

• 3 weeks later...

At this point (21 Jan) there IS construction going on next door. I'm not finding it all that bothersome, but it does include some pile-driving which might disturb a light sleeper wanting to sleep in. 'Seems to get going around 9am. I thought I got a pretty decent last-minute room rate; maybe that's why.

I stayed there last week and my room was nowhere near the construction site and the noise was UNBEARABLE!!! :cry4:

The pile driving and drilling started every morning at 08:00 and continue for at least 4 hours. They have been preparing the site for almost a year now, the progress of this resort is ridiculous.

IMO, the Areca is no longer an option when staying in Pattaya unless you are prepared for the noise or a fight to get a different room.

I always stay at the Mercure with a room at the back overlooking the pool. A mate was there 3 days ago and as above posts mention the big field behind they have started building the new hotel and the pool at the Mercure has been shut whilst they re shape it so it looks like Xmas will be elsewhere in Patts.

The pool at the Mercure was reopened in time for high season, didn't really look much different to me but it has always been quite nice.

I believe it has been 'sold on' but so far seems to be retaining the Mercure name. F&B standards have slipped in my mind and the place appears to undergoing a shift in customer base.

Edited by jacko

The pool at the Mercure was reopened in time for high season, didn't really look much different to me but it has always been quite nice.

I believe it has been 'sold on' but so far seems to be retaining the Mercure name. F&B standards have slipped in my mind and the place appears to undergoing a shift in customer base.

The rooms facing Soi Baukhoa have to affected by the pile driving, probably as much as the Areca rooms facing the machine. I hear it and I'm up the street from the Mercure.

The rooms facing Soi Baukhoa have to affected by the pile driving, probably as much as the Areca rooms facing the machine. I hear it and I'm up the street from the Mercure.

They must take Sunday off when I am there.....
  • 2 weeks later...

Back at the Areca again.

The construction site now resembles something like a WW1 battlefield.

Large amounts of soil have been removed and the pilings that were put in last year have been exposed ready for the building to start.

The boundary wall at the Areca has suffered a little and a concrete electricity pylon has additional metal support from the building site side, apparently it started to lean over a bit.

Right now there is very little noise.

I am here until the 28th Feb so will update as necessary.

Back at the Areca again.

The construction site now resembles something like a WW1 battlefield.

Large amounts of soil have been removed and the pilings that were put in last year have been exposed ready for the building to start.

The boundary wall at the Areca has suffered a little and a concrete electricity pylon has additional metal support from the building site side, apparently it started to lean over a bit.

Right now there is very little noise.

I am here until the 28th Feb so will update as necessary.

Yes please keep me informed as I am booked into the Areca early March and don't want noise

cheers

Yes please keep me informed as I am booked into the Areca early March and don't want noise

cheers

Same for me, I have the Areca booked for Songkran in April.

Thanks,

LeoTex

Bugger, can anyone recommend a hotel that is quite and of the same standard as Areca Lodge roughly in the same location??

LK Renaissance across the street.

LK Renaissance will cost you more, but I liked the place. If noise is much of an issue for you, I'd be surprised if the construction next to Areca was going to conclude any time soon. 'Not that bothersome for me - I'd stay there again. 'Would choose LKR again only on a price break. Incidentally there's a large vacant lot on the Soi Honey side of LKR, and they were doing some "clearing" there when I was a guest in early JAN. Whether that was just for its own sake or in preparation for a construction project I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Ground works continue at quite a slow pace.

Lots of water around, no rain, so guess they have disturbed a pipe somewhere.

There was some piling work for about an hour today at 1000, was pretty noisy at the Blue Ocean Pool.

Here are some pictures taken from Room 504.

20 Feb 13 One.JPG

20 Feb 13 Two.JPG

20 Feb 13 Three.JPG

20 Feb 13 Four.JPG

20 Feb 13 Five.JPG