Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Carl's Jr Central Festival Pattaya American Fast Food

Sure, the burgers are messy, they're supposed to be, it's their claim to fame.

Yes especially their $6 burgers which always cost less than $6. They had a huge ad campaign a few years back illustrating how their burgers could be enormously messy but incredibly tasty. I have always agreed and find their $6 burgers one of the best tasting hamburgers ever. Although I agree In & Out is pretty good, I find their burger fairly sterile when compared to Carl Jrs.

One of my all time favorite fast food sandwiches is Carl Jr's Sante Fe chicken sandwich. It is basically a broiled chicken breast with a huge chile cooked into the sandwich. I have always loved the taste of chile but wonder if the chile used in Thailand is too spicy for me too handle!

Why and how can you criticize a place if you haven't tried it?

you make a judgment on what you do know based on past experiences and knowledge gained elsewhere. e.g You don't have to drink drain cleaner to know it will taste horrible

• Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There certainly aren't MANY commercials I can tolerate watching over & over (& over [& over {& over}]...) again... I feel like a trip to Carl's just to reward them for it.

Here in the south people go to Carl's Junior (aka Hardees) more for the breakfast because their biscuits are freshly made. Does the on at Central Festival offer Sausage, Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast?

Only slobs eat in bed!

As a burger aficionado I have tried a great variety, and among the "junkburger" set I have to agree that Carl's Jr. is the best of the lot. That being said, there is not much difference between stepping on dog shit versus cow shit - the latter is just messier. The Thai prices are a joke - much like the Subway in Patts - they actually charge MORE than in the USA! In California the "six-dollar" burger is the same, but REGULAR burgers at Carl's are only $1.29 (and occasionally $1 on special promos), while in Patts they are $3.29. In Cali they are almost as big as the six-buck burger that goes for four bucks (Why they EVER call it a six-buck is beyond me - perhaps to make one think they're getting a bargain). For truly excellent burgers (that is if you're ever in the Coachella Valley in California, NOTHING tops "Burgers and Beer" restaurants. On a ten scale I give the best of the junkburgers (like Carl's) a 5; B&B gets a fair and clear 9.5 - the only thing better is home-BBQ'd.

Edited by Aitch
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had myself a Western Bacon Cheese burger yesterday. First time I have ever had a Carl's Jr. burger. Very good. Quite tasty. No where near as good as Peter's Drive-in but better than the McDonald's and Burger King fare.

Price for a bottle of water is ridiculous. 39 baht.

• 1 month later...

Tried today... the environment nice, but nothing special...

P1000252.jpg

Ordered the " Superstar combo " ...The girl asked me what size of the side ? I don't understood her question, I thought maybe an extra portion offfer ? Thanx not, please the combo... And the product 7 minutes later arrived with a minimalist style of french fries....

P1000254.jpg

The very first impreesion was: Too much sauces in it, no any other taste, just some kind of mawkish tomato sauce kills all other tastes... The cheese inside turned also into a kind of sauce, so I called it " sauceburger " ... The meat cake was thinner, than in the Burger king's double Whooper....( an add to the picture: my hand's size like a thai girls hand )

P1000255.jpg

Because of the many sauces, the roll started quickly being wet....

P1000256.jpg

And before to finish the sandwich it was already a mess... the roll was dissolved in the sauces... and in the result I felt first time in the life of the sandwich the meat cake... it seemed - seemed only, because of the still messy environment - the beef cake was tasteless....

P1000257.jpg

I think this experience was highly overpriced on the thai market, at the same time SIZZLER offered a huge ( at least on the picture ) " chopped steak " with salad buffet for 239 baht.... I still don't really understand the " What size of side " policy... it seems the promoted offers on the boards are basic, with minimalist portion of french fries.... however, despite of the size of the glasses - if any - the soda popis offered in refill system...( The junior -I think the smaller - combos are around 180 baht )

P1000258.jpg

My own and biased verdict: Burger King wins with a knock out...

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I had lunch today at Carl's. I really enjoyed my cheeseburger and fries. Compares favorably with 5 guys burgers on the east coast. They offer draft Heineken for 99 Baht.