Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I recently spent three nights at LK: The Empress. I generally like the LK Group. I lived in the LK Metropole for a large chunk of 2006. I've had good stays at the LK Renaissance and great ones at LK Royal Suites. While it's a nicer hotel and would work well for many people, I don't think I'll be staying at LK The Empress again. One of the reasons I like staying at LK hotels is that they have soft beds, which is unusual for a Thai hotel. While the beds at the Empress are softer than most you'll find in town, the ones in the Royal Suites, Metropole, and Renaissance were softer and better.

Other oddities include three separate entranced. The main (middle) building has two elevators in the lobby. The front buildings requires you to cut through the kitchen to get to the elevators. The back building gives you the choice of cutting through the lobby or the adjoining Family Mart.

I paid $62/night on Agoda (need the points) for a studio king room.

Most importatly, the hotel is guest friendly.

+ Convenient location for most

+ Nice pool and gym with sauna and steam room

+ Good service

- Bed not as soft as the ones found in other LK properties

- Poor outlet placement

- Typical Thai construction shortcuts

- Three entrances for the buildings with varying quality

Here are some photos. If you have any questions about LK: The Empress, I'll try my best to answer them.

2012-06-15 17.27.31.jpg

2012-06-15 17.27.44.jpg

2012-06-15 17.27.51.jpg

2012-06-15 17.27.59.jpg

2012-06-15 17.28.11.jpg

2012-06-15 17.28.30.jpg

2012-06-15 17.28.37.jpg

2012-06-15 17.28.47.jpg

2012-06-15 17.29.04.jpg

2012-06-15 17.29.12.jpg

2012-06-15 17.29.12.jpg

2012-06-15 17.29.23.jpg

• Upvote 3

Thats a very nice room for $62 a night, thansk for sharing with us, i have a need for a nice room in August and September and this looks to fit the bill

MC, is the Internet hardwired and/or wireless?

Extra charge?

Internet was wireless and included in the rate. The routers were open and didn't require a password.

• 1 month later...

How is the traffic noise?

I was in the back building facing Soi 12 and traffic noise wasn't an issue at all. It could be an issue if you're facing Beach Road, but I don't know first-hand.

Not great having an open router-I stayed in VT6 recently and they were password protected.

Do not assume a password on the wifi is providing any real security. Any data leaving your computer is public info regardless of the wifi being well encrypted.

Either ensure it is https (or such) leaving you computer, or just assume somebody might be reading over your shoulder.

• Upvote 1

I though about booking this hotel, as it’s right next door to one I used many times a few years back – Pattaya Centre Hotel.

The reports on Tripadvisor for LK Empress are pretty mixed (9 excellent, 12 very good, 2 average and 9 terrible) and I see that the agency rates are a good bit cheaper than the rack rates, in my experience, not a good sign.

I’m pleased that MC_Ldop obviously enjoyed the place, but has anyone else actually stayed here?

Thanks for this OP and the further information. Just booked a night in the deluxe sea view with jacuzzi with Agoda as a treat during upcoming trip.... photo shoot with Flo (that might be TMI...), not just her treat then.

Wehey!

Andy Cap

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Stay for 3 weeks in June. Newer hotel, good location, guest friendly but they will charge if two or more guests, breakfast is good, service is reasonable. I do recommend the hotel but bear in mind it's not cheap due to it's location. I will stay again next year.