Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

another "recommended" restaurant

I'm in the end stages of a 100 day holiday and have visited many a restaurant (obviously.) Thai food is great virtually everywhere but sometimes one has a craving for something else. Tonight it was roast lamb with the trimmings. The dinner came in a reasonable time neither fast nor slow tho the restaurant wasn't too busy. The side dishes were average as it's hard to fuck up mashed potatoes and steamed veggies but why do they serve institutional gravy all over everything? To be honest, I've never, ever tasted a worse lamb in my whole life. Overcooked and run over by an F1 driver numerous times before his gearbox finally exploded over the whole lot. I repeat, I've never had a worse lamb in my whole life. The rest of the dinner was at best average if not prison fare. The staff ignored me as I ate only 15% of what was offered and they insisted I should pay for the whole lot. I took some solace as I scared away some new customers from eating there. I wouldn't even bother to order a beer there from now on.

BTW, it's another "recommended" restaurant called 18 coins on soi Buakhao.

Edited by steamer

Thats a real shame, i absolutley love roast lamb as my most favorite meal. I have not tried this place, but i can seriously recommend "Nickies" in soi Bukao as the best roast lamb you will find in Pattaya

• Upvote 1

Thats a real shame, i absolutley love roast lamb as my most favorite meal. I have not tried this place, but i can seriously recommend "Nickies" in soi Bukao as the best roast lamb you will find in Pattaya

will try it.

Wonder if the lamb is only available on sundays.mapbig.jpg

will try it.

Wonder if the lamb is only available on sundays.mapbig.jpg

Yes, only on Sundays

I can also recommend Nickies as I had a chicken roast dinner here on a Sunday and it was excellent. Of course the skills necessary to make an excellent lamb roast versus a chicken roast are probably quite different.

I've never been to Nickies but I have been to Cherry's Restaurant..

http://www.cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/

This place does great food. I when't last week and had the Lamb shank with red wine sauce and paste, asparagus etc. Price 320Bth.

You didn't mention how much you paid at 18 coins so I can't compare but at many meals around the 300Bth mark considering the quality of the food, cherry's is outstanding.

C.

I've never been to Nickies but I have been to Cherry's Restaurant..

http://www.cherrys-r...nt-pattaya.com/

This place does great food. I when't last week and had the Lamb shank with red wine sauce and paste, asparagus etc. Price 320Bth.

You didn't mention how much you paid at 18 coins so I can't compare but at many meals around the 300Bth mark considering the quality of the food, cherry's is outstanding.

C.

Never been to Cherry's but have heard some good reviews

• 2 weeks later...

Yep went to 18 coins twice last February and it is crap.

Ya know, It's not so much that so many of these places are crap it's that people recommend them to me and then............ Frack.

Ya know, It's not so much that so many of these places are crap it's that people recommend them to me and then............ Frack.

Was it "recommended" here frequently? I didn't spot that, nor has there been enough talk about it that I'd bother going.

Was it "recommended" here frequently? I didn't spot that, nor has there been enough talk about it that I'd bother going.

Can't say it was here. There are other forums and other ways to hear about restaurants ya know. I don't often go to the same place twice so I'm always looking for suggestions.

There are recommendations on this board (and other boards) for more than one place that I find laughable tho tbh.

PBG, Secrets, P&W and China Garden just off the top of my head.

All of them are average at best on a good day. Dunno why someone would recommend average. Rather blaze new trails than hunt out average.

Can't say it was here. There are other forums and other ways to hear about restaurants ya know. I don't often go to the same place twice so I'm always looking for suggestions.

There are recommendations on this board (and other boards) for more than one place that I find laughable tho tbh.

PBG, Secrets, P&W and China Garden just off the top of my head.

All of them are average at best on a good day. Dunno why someone would recommend average. Rather blaze new trails than hunt out average.

So, what's your never-to-be-dissed restaurant choice suitable for all nationalities and tastes?

I can name 4 places off the top of my head that I'd go to again without any hesitation

MK restaurants

Au Bon Coin

Cherry's

The hole in the wall.

(only been to Cherry's once.)

There is a frakin good Thai seafood resto past Jomptien beach that I can't recall the name but I'd go there again in a heart beat (not Pupen.)

Ok, that's good you put your hat in the ring.

Thank you.

It's unfortunate that the places that I'd suggest people should avoid would make a much longer list.

A couple years ago I tried Pattaya pizza and loved it.

Next time I ordered it and it was very good but it had taken a step down.

Next time it was sheer crap.

I can name 4 places off the top of my head that I'd go to again without any hesitation

MK restaurants

Au Bon Coin

Cherry's

The hole in the wall.

(only been to Cherry's once.)

There is a frakin good Thai seafood resto past Jomptien beach that I can't recall the name but I'd go there again in a heart beat (not Pupen.)

As many say, one mans meat is another's poison.

The fact that MK is in there detracts from the others.

Three coins has been recommended to me by a pal, but I considered the person as well. He lives extremely close,is not the type to walk very far and epitomises the English stodgy food type.

Sorry I can't help. my favourite place is eating at home, and the few restaurants nearby that don't involve driving in town.

My favorite place to eat is at the "Y" on Soi6.

really wish i could remember the name of the place way on the north end of nakula, it's right on the water, big place, seats 2-300 people and has seperate party rooms, but alas growing up in the '60s my memerios not so good, they do have gr8 seafood and the place is always full of Thais.

nice place especially if taking a TBG out 4 dinner although a little spendy.

chers

rb

My favorite place to eat is at the "Y" on Soi6.

really wish i could remember the name of the place way on the north end of nakula, it's right on the water, big place, seats 2-300 people and has seperate party rooms, but alas growing up in the '60s my memerios not so good, they do have gr8 seafood and the place is always full of Thais.

nice place especially if taking a TBG out 4 dinner although a little spendy.

chers

rb

Sounds like Mum Aroi to me.

Been to 18 coins maybe 6 times, last time 6 months ago,

food was always great - felang ex-army chef , service was never the strong point but the food was always really good,

sorry to hear this place is not on par as it used to be, maybe off day, anyone else eaten thier recently ?

regards

Shambley

Been to 18 coins maybe 6 times, last time 6 months ago,

food was always great - felang ex-army chef , service was never the strong point but the food was always really good,

sorry to hear this place is not on par as it used to be, maybe off day, anyone else eaten thier recently ?

regards

Shambley

Maybe it was YOU who "recommended" it. Shame on you! :P