Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

View Talay 5 vs View Talay 2

Your choice ?   

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah,... VT2 is sold out, while the VT5 is empty / unsold 50% + ... no one corner condos are sold I can see from my balcony... it's not about the real market, it's about the wild dreams of the farang sellers.... maybe you are one of them...

All the farang quota has been sold :llaugh Thats the market ... 49% owned by farang keep singing those sad songs Gabor..

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evil ...debil gave me a negative vote here...... Any reason ? ( still now 8 visitors and only one voted..easy to check... )   Maybe still angry being catched to spread lies about some non members

All this empty stuff, the farang quota has been sold 100%.......... I have no doubt many of the buyers have not fitted out the units, so what ?   Gabor sings his sad song, his place sells for

Ok, I'm tired from the threadfuck in my own business offer thread and I admit I was guilty too in this... as the VT5 vs VT2 and the magical elevators started to spread in the other threads by Parkwahn

Posted Images

If I want more attention I will do a winding up post in the member's bar, not in the rarely visited Market section..... And you see, you make this thread a stage for my silly rants....

You stated something and libelled one person not member on this board and an other came here to reply being Harris Black without any evidences.

Why useless and boring thread to compare the TV2 and 5 ? If you don't interested, don't visit it.... but it seems my nickname is a magnet for you to stalk over me and burp something...

Please explain me this...... " How funny is that Gabor puts cons in the pros on 5 ."

Compare the corridors:

VT2

post-2845-0-92360200-1341170634_thumb.jpg

VT5

279334_110714115234932_STD.jpg 279334_110714115244682_STD.jpg

http://www.agoda.com...ominium_5d.html

Swimming pools:

Vt5:

vt5c_456-57_11_fl_1.jpg

VT2:

post-2845-0-47569300-1341171056_thumb.jpg

Utilize ??? A hint: swimming....

Yes, you can walk in the VT2 in daytime... not at the night time... In the VT5 one security sleeping peacefully on a chair next to the elevator...

No, in the VT2 are not available the magical elevators moving only one directions...the generator serves both the down and the up travels...

The following facts I admitted in the OP...

True, there was problems with the thai management, and one employee stole a lot of money... but already a few years ago the farang committee manage the building.... ( we don't had to pay the theft )

Please let me know if any shells are available for 450.000, I want to buy it....seriously....if you can't... your statement is only. :sosad

I'm sorry to say, but your friend was a dark dumb....I bought my very first condo through the internet, not being in the city....If he is a cretin or a cheapo not to hire a lawyer ( 10-15.000 baht ) he was worthy being scammed...

How much did you lend that guy ? 350,000 did you ever get it back ...

Talk to me about balcony sizes, ones so small you cant use and ones you can.. 5,6 and 8 are usable,... VT2 is not :bhappy

No direct access to beach :llaugh

VT5 and 6 get the 2.5 to 3 VT 2 does not.. why is that ?

If VT 2 is so much better it would be at least the same price would it not ? or more why is it not more ?

Beach front always cost more, its a fact of life.. if you cant afford beach front go further back easy enough :llaugh

Tiny balcony :bhappy for a tiny man

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Different people value things differently. Beach view condos bring a premium for reasons that I really don't understand. The salt air corrodes things that normally have no corrosion problems. The best thing about a sea view is the normal breeze. The breeze is nice but the salt air problems are not worth having the breeze to me. A decent fan gives you the same thing without destroying electronics or appliances.

As far as beach access, I refuse to swim in Pattaya or Jomtien water so that is also a waste. I do put a premium on a nice big fresh water swimming pool. I have a large picture of a Tahiti beach on my bedroom wall.

My condo is within walking distance of the beach (less than a kilometer) but I can't remember the last time I even went to the beach. About the only places I walk to are the bars, restaurants and 7-11.

Different strokes for different folks. I much prefer a bigger unit for the same money as a smaller beach view.

Different people value things differently. Beach view condos bring a premium for reasons that I really don't understand. The salt air corrodes things that normally have no corrosion problems. The best thing about a sea view is the normal breeze. The breeze is nice but the salt air problems are not worth having the breeze to me. A decent fan gives you the same thing without destroying electronics or appliances.

As far as beach access, I refuse to swim in Pattaya or Jomtien water so that is also a waste. I do put a premium on a nice big fresh water swimming pool. I have a large picture of a Tahiti beach on my bedroom wall.

My condo is within walking distance of the beach (less than a kilometer) but I can't remember the last time I even went to the beach. About the only places I walk to are the bars, restaurants and 7-11.

Different strokes for different folks. I much prefer a bigger unit for the same money as a smaller beach view.

Each to their own, its Gabors daft view that a run down condo away from the beach with no balcony.. is better than a block beachside with proper balconies.. the market does not lie ....... His condo is worth less than beach-front thats his issue it seems..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All the farang quota has been sold :llaugh Thats the market ... 49% owned by farang keep singing those sad songs Gabor..

You can play with the words.... 50%+ empty.... VT2 isn't....

How much did you lend that guy ? 350,000 did you ever get it back ...

Talk to me about balcony sizes, ones so small you cant use and ones you can.. 5,6 and 8 are usable,... VT2 is not :bhappy

No direct access to beach :llaugh

VT5 and 6 get the 2.5 to 3 VT 2 does not.. why is that ?

If VT 2 is so much better it would be at least the same price would it not ? or more why is it not more ?

Beach front always cost more, its a fact of life.. if you cant afford beach front go further back easy enough :llaugh

Tiny balcony :bhappy for a tiny man

Nothing to do with the fact I was a prick loser to lend money for a scam artist.....however a week ago he was arrested... we will see what will happen...

With the rest of your post we have no argues.... I don't told, the VT2 is better, than VT5.... just different. Both has pros and cons as I mentioned in the OP...

Agree with you, on my last 9 month trip I entered into the sea maybe 3 times... visited the beach maybe 10 times... But I don't wanted mixing the facts with my personal references....

Each to their own, its Gabors daft view that a run down condo away from the beach with no balcony.. is better than a block beachside with proper balconies.. the market does not lie ....... His condo is worth less than beach-front thats his issue it seems..

Bizarre to see, how don't disturb you the facts and you believe in the word magic... you think if repeat enough times: The sky is purple, then the sky will be purple... :blink:

Agree, market don't lie.... see the 50%+ unsold for years units....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If I want more attention I will do a winding up post in the member's bar, not in the rarely visited Market section..... And you see, you make this thread a stage for my silly rants....

You stated something and libelled one person not member on this board and an other came here to reply being Harris Black without any evidences.

Why useless and boring thread to compare the TV2 and 5 ? If you don't interested, don't visit it.... but it seems my nickname is a magnet for you to stalk over me and burp something...

Please explain me this...... " How funny is that Gabor puts cons in the pros on 5 ."

Compare the corridors:

VT2

corridor (397 x 408).jpg

VT5

279334_110714115234932_STD.jpg 279334_110714115244682_STD.jpg

http://www.agoda.com...ominium_5d.html

Swimming pools:

Vt5:

vt5c_456-57_11_fl_1.jpg

VT2:

vt2apool (712 x 534).jpg

Utilize ??? A hint: swimming....

Yes, you can walk in the VT2 in daytime... not at the night time... In the VT5 one security sleeping peacefully on a chair next to the elevator...

No, in the VT2 are not available the magical elevators moving only one directions...the generator serves both the down and the up travels...

The following facts I admitted in the OP...

True, there was problems with the thai management, and one employee stole a lot of money... but already a few years ago the farang committee manage the building.... ( we don't had to pay the theft )

Please let me know if any shells are available for 450.000, I want to buy it....seriously....if you can't... your statement is only. :sosad

I'm sorry to say, but your friend was a dark dumb....I bought my very first condo through the internet, not being in the city....If he is a cretin or a cheapo not to hire a lawyer ( 10-15.000 baht ) he was worthy being scammed...

Gabor, the 450,000 shell price was a number of years ago. They have appreciated nicely since then. I had thoughts of buying two side by side units and making a single decent sized separate bedroom unit. My idea ended up being more expensive than just buying what I wanted to start with.

I very nearly bought a nice front corner unit in Tieng Tong on Soi 7. The day I went to make the agreement with the owner, the electric went off and I found out that they had no emergency generator. I didn't like the idea of walking up or down 17 stories. I called the guy and told him I was no longer interested. The price of that unit then was 1.6 million. It recently sold again for 3.5 million.

I would rather be near the beach. I would prefer 48m size and a newer building, especially as I have recently paid a share of 3 UK properties getting new roofs and re roughcast. You have to think long term costs in property. VT2 is surely near getting 3 lifts replaced? Although they may last a while yet as they only work part time!

It's just my amateur opinion that VT2 is overpriced for rent. And I would only pay 1mil for a property there.

VT5 . If Gabor is right about the unsold units, then I would be concerned about that. But you can't argue that VT2 is better when it's half the price, older and further from the beach. If you and Parky were to offer people a free week. Do you really think anyone would pick VT2?

I would rather be near the beach. I would prefer 48m size and a newer building, especially as I have recently paid a share of 3 UK properties getting new roofs and re roughcast. You have to think long term costs in property. VT2 is surely near getting 3 lifts replaced? Although they may last a while yet as they only work part time! <grin

It's just my amateur opinion that VT2 is overpriced for rent. And I would only pay 1mil for a property there.

VT5 . If Gabor is right about the unsold units, then I would be concerned about that. But you can't argue that VT2 is better when it's half the price, older and further from the beach. If you and Parky were to offer people a free week. Do you really think anyone would pick VT2?

All this empty stuff, the farang quota has been sold 100%.......... I have no doubt many of the buyers have not fitted out the units, so what ?

Gabor sings his sad song, his place sells for 1.5 the VT 5 and VT 6 sell for 2.6 to 4.2.. but they are very different to VT2 in they have a balcony you can use, both buildings are sold out for farang quota, I saw the number on 5 about a year ago and was told "sold out"

The market is the market is the market,,,,,,,,,, none of our views matter the market sells for what it does, Gabor is doing the weak minded self justification song, seen it many times he has bought there so need to convince himself he got a deal, this can also seen when people leave jobs after many years.. if its so shit why did you stay there 10 years ?

Its simply a weak minded person telling themselves they have invested well ,, he mentions how many times he went to the beach ? what relevance to the price of beach front property is that ??

That a person living streets back on to a beach, how will that alter markets ? He talks about mental weaklings.. seems he needs a mirror..

If you want a place with no balcony, smaller rooms and ageing., sure its cheaper... up to you....

Edited by Parkwahn
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Gabor, the 450,000 shell price was a number of years ago.

Years ago I bought my first condo in the building for 860.000 baht.....

I would rather be near the beach. I would prefer 48m size and a newer building, especially as I have recently paid a share of 3 UK properties getting new roofs and re roughcast. You have to think long term costs in property. VT2 is surely near getting 3 lifts replaced? Although they may last a while yet as they only work part time!

I can understand this, it was the reason why I considered to move overthere....

Yes, they were replaced, but for the worst IMO... OK, don't slapping the door, but it became slower... BTW normally all the 3 elevators works....

All this empty stuff, the farang quota has been sold 100%.......... I have no doubt many of the buyers have not fitted out the units, so what ?

Gabor sings his sad song, his place sells for 1.5 the VT 5 and VT 6 sell for 2.6 to 4.2.. but they are very different to VT2 in they have a balcony you can use, both buildings are sold out for farang quota, I saw the number on 5 about a year ago and was told "sold out"

The market is the market is the market,,,,,,,,,, none of our views matter the market sells for what it does, Gabor is doing the weak minded self justification song, seen it many times he has bought there so need to convince himself he got a deal, this can also seen when people leave jobs after many years.. if its so shit why did you stay there 10 years ?

Its simply a weak minded person telling themselves they have invested well ,, he mentions how many times he went to the beach ? what relevance to the price of beach front property is that ??

That a person living streets back on to a beach, how will that alter markets ? He talks about mental weaklings.. seems he needs a mirror..

If you want a place with no balcony, smaller rooms and ageing., sure its cheaper... up to you....

Blah blah blah, crap and a burp.... opinions, no any facts...and....lies ( no balcony in VT2 ) repetative bullshit, no replies...( some kind of tunnel view not reading only reply... ) Farang quotes or not, check the air cons on the balconies.... Ahh.... not worth to try with a mentally defected...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I stayed in VT6 recently,and for the first time in Jomtien in VT2A (they were Dancewatchers condos for rent).

I thought security was fine in VT2A with keycard entry to buiding-yes easy enough to slip in through open door during day but not at night-VT6 has security guy by lift but you would never be stopped.

The corridors in VT2 were dark-VT6 has been described as having hospital corridors but they are wide and light.

Swimming pool areas were nice in both-and I liked pool cafe in VT2-useful to get out of the sun and have a coffee.

VT2 location seemed fine to me,short walk to beach and some good eating places close by.VT6 has best location in Pattaya for me-everything is close by.

Room size in VT2 would be adequate for shortish stays-likewise the balcony was adequate-I had room for table and two chairs and enjoyed sitting out and having something to eat,and I did have a gorgeous view from the 17th floor.

VT6 rooms are of course very spacious and same with balconies.In VT6 I have never stayed below 17th floor so the view on Central side was restricted but not enough to put me off staying that side.

I stayed in condo on 26th floor VT6 Jomtien side and I thought I would get the sun full on but in fact got only a little late afternoon.

For me I didn't take to Jomtien and was glad to get back to VT6-in truth I couldn't afford to stay there on a long term basis but short term I would now always look to stay there-this after twenty years of always staying in hotels-now I prefer the condo life,

• Downvote 1

I stayed in VT6 recently,and for the first time in Jomtien in VT2A (they were Dancewatchers condos for rent).

I thought security was fine in VT2A with keycard entry to buiding-yes easy enough to slip in through open door during day but not at night-VT6 has security guy by lift but you would never be stopped.

The corridors in VT2 were dark-VT6 has been described as having hospital corridors but they are wide and light.

Swimming pool areas were nice in both-and I liked pool cafe in VT2-useful to get out of the sun and have a coffee.

VT2 location seemed fine to me,short walk to beach and some good eating places close by.VT6 has best location in Pattaya for me-everything is close by.

Room size in VT2 would be adequate for shortish stays-likewise the balcony was adequate-I had room for table and two chairs and enjoyed sitting out and having something to eat,and I did have a gorgeous view from the 17th floor.

VT6 rooms are of course very spacious and same with balconies.In VT6 I have never stayed below 17th floor so the view on Central side was restricted but not enough to put me off staying that side.

I stayed in condo on 26th floor VT6 Jomtien side and I thought I would get the sun full on but in fact got only a little late afternoon.

For me I didn't take to Jomtien and was glad to get back to VT6-in truth I couldn't afford to stay there on a long term basis but short term I would now always look to stay there-this after twenty years of always staying in hotels-now I prefer the condo life,

Excellent and balanced report, based on personal experiences and facts.... thank you very much for the add. :thumbup

VT2 and VT5 were not built at the same time, if they were both built at the same time, do you think VT5 would have sold out and VT2 been left half full?

VT2 and VT5 were not built at the same time, if they were both built at the same time, do you think VT5 would have sold out and VT2 been left half full?

Many condo owners like the newer buildings and upgrade.... just like myself. My first condo was located in the building B. which one was built a year earlier. When building A was built, I moved overthere ( newer, much less walk from the etrance )... When VT5 was built I considered to move again... One of my mate did it ( moved from VT2 to VT5 ) and I visited him to sniffing around... He is really happy with his choice, he catched a great condo with a huge stairway balcony. He is disappointed in the VT 5 about the pool area and still many times come back to the VT 2 if he want spending his time around a pool.

My own and biased reasons I don't moved: For my own habits not worth the almost double price for a slightly bigger studio. In the VT2 the difference between the 37 and the 42 sqm studios are huge, not because of the room size, but because of the kitchen size... My other concern was, I hated in the VT2 building B. the long walk from the street... uncomfortable if I want just to drop out for a meal or a massage... and really uncomfortable when I took home a girl... you can't avoid the long walk unless you buy a bicycle travel between the building and the street... as one of my mate did still living in building B. The VT5 is more expensive because of the the beachfront staus ( not because bigger, as the sqm prices are higher ) I have two choice: Building C ( ? ) really beachfront, but the same problem as the VT2 B, the long walk from the street... Building D is a short walk from the street, but not really a beachfront condo for the price of a beachfront condo. Note, the name of the buildings... C and D... it means there will be buildings A and B. probably on the Jomtien side, so the situation may be the same like the TV6 vs Central Festival parking slot... broken view... Also gave me concerns the low occupancy... OK, I know by the law the building constructors must to pay the annual maintenance fees until the shells are sold, but this is Thailand...but years later the buildings were completed, still no entry card system, no visitor card system ( ? ) only one security guy sleeping peacefully near the elevator... Anyone can visit the pool area - we had serious problems with it in the VT2 until the electronic entry card system was introduced and the pool area was surrounded - what isn't a problem now with the low occupancy in the VT5, but may be an issue later...

If the two complexes were built at the same time, with the recent conditions I would probably choose the VT2A...

I can't say about the others.... as many people so many expectations...what is important for me, maybe not important for the others and vica versa...

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Many condo owners like the newer buildings and upgrade.... just like myself. My first condo was located in the building B. which one was built a year earlier. When building A was built, I moved overthere ( newer, much less walk from the etrance )... When VT5 was built I considered to move again... One of my mate did it ( moved from VT2 to VT5 ) and I visited him to sniffing around... He is really happy with his choice, he catched a great condo with a huge stairway balcony. He is disappointed in the VT 5 about the pool area and still many times come back to the VT 2 if he want spending his time around a pool.

My own and biased reasons I don't moved: For my own habits not worth the almost double price for a slightly bigger studio. In the VT2 the difference between the 37 and the 42 sqm studios are huge, not because of the room size, but because of the kitchen size... My other concern was, I hated in the VT2 building B. the long walk from the street... uncomfortable if I want just to drop out for a meal or a massage... and really uncomfortable when I took home a girl... you can't avoid the long walk unless you buy a bicycle travel between the building and the street... as one of my mate did still living in building B. The VT5 is more expensive because the beachfront ( not because bigger, as the sqm prices are higher ) I have two choice: Building C ( ? ) really beachfront, but the same problem as the VT2 B, the long walk from the street... Building D is a short walk from the street, but not really a beachfront condo for the price of a beachfront condo. Note, the name of the buildings... C and D... it means there will be buildings A and B. probably on the Jomtien side, so the situation may be the same like the TV6 vs Central Festival parking slot... broken view... Also gave me concerns the low occupancy... OK, I know by the law the building constructors must to pay the annual maintenance fees until the shells are sold, but this is Thailand...but years later the buildings were completed, still no entry card system, no visitor card system ( ? ) only one security guy sleeping peacefully near the elevator... Anyone can visit the pool area - we had serious problems with it in the VT2 until the electronic entry card system was introduced and the pool area was surrounded - what isn't a problem now with the low occupancy in the VT5, but may be an issue later...

If the two complexes were built at the same time, with the recent conditions I would probably choose the VT2A...

I can't say about the others.... as many people so many expectations...what is important for me, maybe not important for the others and vica versa...

Good honest answer

:clueless Hey Gabor-when I stayed in VT6 there was a list on the lift wall reminding condo owners that their cable was due for renewal-and your name was on it!

I hope you managed to renew it-wouldn't like to think you were cut off!!

:clueless Hey Gabor-when I stayed in VT6 there was a list on the lift wall reminding condo owners that their cable was due for renewal-and your name was on it!

I hope you managed to renew it-wouldn't like to think you were cut off!!

Now, you unveiled my hidden business.... :scared:

What about to discuss the facts about the buildings instead of the personal, east europeans are tuskers thread...What next ? To tell the VT buildings were built for the east europeans ?

However you are right... I like the VT buildings reminds me my youth... my dormitory times...

They were build from a clever developer using drawings from the DDR and remind me my youth, too when I visited my relatives there ... no idea if they were build for a particular customer group. The fact is some love them some not. Expressed only my opinion of VT 7 as I don't know the other ones in such a detail and learn from all the comments.

As has been said the corridors in VT2 are dark and narrow, poor balconies and not great views.

IMHO the idea of a high rise at the beach is to get the top floor with a great view, small balconies and poor views in small rooms are ok for a person who cant afford a better place, thats the good thing about Pattaya thee is something for everyone's budget...

Being on a beach resort and not having direct access to a beach is not a beach resort is it :)...

I would buy VT 2 for 800k no more,

As stated....