Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Gordon,

Thanks for posting the review of the Sandy Springs!

I was wondering if you paid with credit card or not, and if you found any "mis-charges" on your bill when you checked out? Thanks.

SoCalGuy

I was wondering if you paid with credit card or not, and if you found any "mis-charges" on your bill when you checked out?  Thanks.

Hi SoCalGuy,

Yes I did use my credit card and the final itemised bill was correct.

When I checked into the hotel and told them I was going to pay with my credit card they asked for my card and made out a bill for the cost of the room for my entire stay. This was of course never processed but it was there for their own security. When I checked out this bill was torn up in front of me.

Sorry BigBadMike, I hope one day you will forgive me :unsure:

Regards,

Gordon

I only have only two minor complaints with the room. Firstly, a magnetic piece held on the key ring with your front door key is required to be placed in a holder by the wall to operate the room's lights and air-conditioning. This means that when you leave the room taking your key with you the air-conditioning ceases to operate and there is nothing worse than returning to a hot, steamy room later (of course you could get around this if you are so inclined by removing the door key from the key ring and leaving the magnetic place in the holder). Secondly, the TV reception is rather poor.

Nice report Gordon on the magnetic piece all you have to do is take the key and the ring off leave the magnetic strip in the holder, take key with you. That way the air will stay on while you are out prowling around. :lol:

just back from nearly two weeks at sandy spring

met up with my mate ramster and had a real good time

have to agree with him air con needs to be left on and leaving the key fob in place is the only way however do it after the maid has cleaned up the room as she takes it out or manually turns the aircon off

To Gordon - Larry let me read the book - where did they get my picture for the cover !

to summarise Sandy Spring clean close to action guest friendly and cheap

also the tv reception is shite because its analogue satellite and cable hook ups that are not set up 100%