Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Soi13 construction

Guest Fatboyfat

The fencing around the site next to Dynasty has just come down in preparation for construction work re-commencing. This will affect Dynasty Inn and maybe some of the Lek rooms facing Soi 13.

I stayed at the Dynasty inn in late Jan ( Great hotel ), there was no construction work going on, but the hole thats been dug is deep and i would guess any construction getting underway is going to be on a big scale and the Dynasty, Lek and Sandy springs may well be noisy places first thing in the morning for the next few months.

Does anyone know if this will affect the Inn House?

The Inn House is directly across the road from the Sandy Spring where I am currently staying. The construction site is 50 metres down the Soi but on the same side of the road as the Sandy Spring which is shielded to a good extent by an intervening building. The Inn House has a direct view of the front of the site.

In the past week I have seen no activity on the construction site. In fact, construction is barely off the ground and if memory serves me correctly, when I strolled down the Soi 2 years ago, the site looked much the same as it does now.

I think you would have to be very unlucky to have construction recommence with any significant amount of noise during a planned stay.

Gordon

Gordon

Much appreciated.  This board is just so useful when independent, on-the-spot info is provided like this.

I'm planning on staying at the Inn House at the end of March/beginning of April.  I don't need a pool.  Is there anything you know of to suggest that that is not a wise choice?  It is important to me that the place isn't noisy as I'm a light sleeper!!

Thanks again.

Bazle

Hi Bazle,

I too much prefer a quiet place to stay and Soi 13 is one of the quieter Sois as far as Soi's go in Pattaya between Beach and Second roads. There are no noisy places within ear-shot of the Sandy Spring or Inn House. Having said that, if I were you I would try and get a room away from the front of the hotel facing the street.

Just to make a couple of corrections to my previous post having taken a closer look, the construction site is more like 30-40 metres away and it's only the very front of the Inn House that is in a direct line with it but it's still barely visible. Most of the building is shielded by another building of similar size.

Gordon

Gordon

That's great.  Thanks again.  I have gone ahead and booked at the Inn House.  

Enjoy your stay.  I'm looking forward to 25 March!!

Bazle

Hi Gordon.

How about entering a review of the Inn House? I have always stayed at the Haven Hotel but am loking to "upgrade" since the rooms at the Haven are starting to look its age.

When I visited late last year the Inn House was almost ready and I was a couple of weeks early from its opening. I was thinking of staying there during my next visit.

Thanks!

Hi Gordon.

How about entering a review of the Inn House?

Hi Kingfisher,

I wish I could oblige but I'm staying across the road at the Sandy Spring. If I wandered over to the Inn House and casually went for a stroll through their premises, they may not be too thrilled  ::) .

I could take some pics from the outside if you wish. Just send me a PM with your email address.

Gordon