Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Devonshire Restaurant and hotel, Soi Lenkey (was le katai)

hello my Name is Tim i am part of the new team that has purchased the Jolly Friar , lonestar and The Devonshire (formally le katai on soi lengkey )

hopefully i can answer any of your questons regarding any of these business .and if you have any comments or suggestons i will try to answer those Also

The Devonshire Restaurant and hotel has been fully gutted and refurbed with new beds decor and flat screen tvs, all have aircon ..

charges for rooms are 750 inc Full English breakfast and 650 for smaller rooms inc Breakfast .

We still offer the Same great food we have been serving under the name le katai .

Thanks Tim and Russ

Edited by jelluk

Good luck with the businesses.

Hi Tim

Constructive criticism - I had the big breakfast at the Devonshire on July 3rd

IMG_3181 (Copier).JPG

- the bacon was lean but lacking in bacon flavour, the mushrooms were watery, the poached eggs were excellent but there was too much vinegar in the water used to poach them. The BM who invited me had regaled me in advance about the fresh crusty bread used for the toast (from the bakery on soi Xcyte he said) but that wasn't what we had.

I did appreciate the black pudding and added some pepper to mine as I like it a bit spicy. Our table didn't have any marmelade or jam on it and we spotted too late that it was on every other table - our fault that. It was just past waking up time - 12.30pm.

If I remember rightly there's a sign which says "the best breakfast in Pattaya" or words to that effect - I'm sure you would wish it to be so. Letting you know this as you asked for comments and, if nobody gives you any, you can't improve and attain your goal.

Ate at the Friar twice and loved it.

IMG_2955 (Copier).JPG

IMG_2957 (Copier) - Copie.JPG

All the best with the ventures.

Andy Cap

Edited by capdagde

thanks for the comments i to dont really like the bacon but alot of people complained when i switched to the streaky bacon but i found this to be at lot nicer tasting ... if you want streaky bacon next time u are in just ask to swop it ...i have 2 types of bread thinner one and the larger fatter one im thinking of just sticking to the larger bread so i find your comments helpful ... thanks Tim

Well looks like Ian is parting with some of his empire - I always stay at the China Gardens - so nearest for my breakfast is le-katai, always found the staff very accomodating, I liked my eggs fried and turned over and well done bacon, they seemed to remember everyday how I liked it, loved the thick fresh bread, I hope nothing changes for my next visit in November.

My preference is tinned tomatoes, any chance of them as a choice against fresh.

Any pictures of refurbed rooms, contact details for booking ect ect.

jelluk - try to resize the pictures before you attempt to add them - I use photogadget for resizing, just right click on the picture and resize to 800 x 600. you can do more than one at a time.

Go to more reply options.

Attach Files - Browse - attach This File. Then add to post. move the cursor to where you want the picture good luck.

Preview Post first should give you a good indication if you have it right. this is my first picture here I think, so I tried it as well

http://www.xemico.co...t/freeware.html

Edited by loupole

SAM_0011.JPG SAM_0010.JPGSAM_0009.JPGSAM_0012.JPGSAM_0004.JPGSAM_0006.JPGSAM_0007.JPGSAM_0008.JPG

Hotel is 95% finished just need a few bedroom cabinets for the sides of the beds and a few chairs here and there !

i can be contacted on here or with my gmail for booking and info on the Devonshire hotel

devonshirepatts@gmail.com or txt +66800400339

thanks Tim

• Upvote 1

thanks martin not seen you in along time .. perhaps cus i dont go walking st much now ....FlB on lk soon ?

Not for a while, I think.

I'm going to try to make it for one of those dinner specials.

Guest Fatboyfat

Is that Parrot fish back on the menu again at Jolly Friar. I thought it was by far the best on the menu, but had been removed earlier on in the year.