Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

A friend of mine has just booked his first trip to Thailand. He will be traveling with his wife and 2 teenage children. He will be in Pattaya for 7 days and asked if I could reccomend somewhere suitable for family. I suggested Jomtien, as it is removed from the madness in Pattay, but near enough for him to nip in for a little unmentionable as chance arises. I'm not that well informed about Jomtien though. Can anyone suggest a decent hotel, with the beach/pool thing going on? Say mid to upper range? Thanks......

The Jomtien Boathouse is a nice place. It is on Beach Road and the beach is right across the road. Good restaurant and swimming pool. Not too expensive and it is directly on the baht bus route.

I didn't know the boathouse had a pool?

Your friend could also try Chateau Dale. Close to Jomtien, good rates for 7 day stays, I think they have two room condos.

As does the RG, two pools and on the baht bus route.

I didn't know the boathouse had a pool?

Your friend could also try Chateau Dale. Close to Jomtien, good rates for 7 day stays, I think they have two room condos.

As does the RG, two pools and on the baht bus route.

You're right, no pool. My memory must be failing. I actually had to look on Agoda to be sure;

http://www.agoda.com/pages/agoda/default/DestinationSearchResult.aspx?asq=tTOQk3mFmlABxgVjJPrsxhEtUfjmnERA53TPdJw%2b6cdc8nXVGHzKk3eWdxMMrsjInUBNvip%2fLxkSL%2bJhKgTA%2fP8cYSuRqleFZjQXZWWcI3V4GT%2b%2b9%2basPnk4UX9MT%2fbR

Guys! It would appear "her indoors" has just moved the goalposts on my mate. Apparently she has her fragile little heart set on staying in a "VILLA". (they usually go to spain i guess) I'm thinking a detached bungelow type set up with maybe 3 bedrooms. Not sure I have seen much of that ilk around, except the Diana Inn has some poolside dwellings out the back. Of course, that is why I'm on here seeking your help. I really hope to find something suitable, as he (my mate) has been working on this trip for years. We all know why lol, right? :a2m Cheers fellas...

Guys! It would appear "her indoors" has just moved the goalposts on my mate. Apparently she has her fragile little heart set on staying in a "VILLA". (they usually go to spain i guess) I'm thinking a detached bungelow type set up with maybe 3 bedrooms. Not sure I have seen much of that ilk around, except the Diana Inn has some poolside dwellings out the back. Of course, that is why I'm on here seeking your help. I really hope to find something suitable, as he (my mate) has been working on this trip for years. We all know why lol, right? :a2m Cheers fellas...

ps: On the beach of course!

Thailand not really in the the same league as Spain etc on renting Villas.

I have heard about the ones Martin mentioned & maybe he could get a better price (if you could find a more direct contact)

Maybe do some more searching. Noticed this but never used so i cant recommend but perhaps worth a look?

http://www.luxurythaivillas.co.uk/

Edited by blink

Thailand not really in the the same league as Spain etc on renting Villas.

I have heard about the ones Martin mentioned & maybe he could get a better price (if you could find a more direct contact)

Maybe do some more searching. Noticed this but never used so i cant recommend but perhaps worth a look?

http://www.luxurythaivillas.co.uk/

Cheers! I have already forwarded this link as I have obviously been doing a bit of research on his behalf. Pattaya has this habit of making you evangelical doesn't it? Thanks all the same, much appreciated :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

He might try the Dusit Thani if he can't find the Villa he wants. It's very nice and on the other end of Beach Rd from Walking St. Hence, it's a bit out of the way, but close enough (without going all the way to Jomtien).

Try Palm Grove. It has pools and a private beach. It's where me and some friends will be staying in January.

http://www.palmgroveresort.com/

Edited by MarsGodOfWar