Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The Olympics, London 2012 - A time to be proud

Well done the Aussies up to 11th with 4 golds now.

I just heard that the Australian sports minister has promised to row the length of the Eaton lake if Australia finish below Britain in the medal table. Good sports these Aussies!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think London should be proud to host 2012 Olympics but I think they should be embarrassed about opening ceremony as I thought it was very boring just my honest opinion!!!!!

Oops! Really bad news for the French Cycling Team ....       Olympic Cycling - French Team Quarters Raided     By Karolos Grohmann and Paul Casciato LONDON, July 29 | Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:52am

Why is it a "bah humbug" and totally unnecessary pissing on someone's parade by me voicing my opinion? I think London should be proud to host the 2012 Olympics!!!!! I just did not like the opening

Posted Images

China and GB had very good results recently. USA has stalled for now.

We need more swimming events!

Bloody swimming..... OK we all need to know how to swim... But why swim like a butterfly? You ever see a butterfly swim?

And as for the synchronized swimming I tuned in and thought the cast of 'Riverdance' were drowning!

No we need more running races...Egg and Spoon, Wheelbarrow, sack races. That would be the way to go.

Funny Walk Race Tom..?

He'll find the clip!

Seriously......I'm up for the USA .....can you get your finger out!

From the former nation of 'Plucky losers' We're saying, 'Go USA' and in the words of 'The Boris'......."Bring home the bling"

Edited by atlas2

Just read an article on why sand doesn't stick to the, 'beach volley ballers'. I mean, if you've ever shagged on a beach you'll know it gets everywhere right?......

.......I remember my last time.... the girl, 'on top' and me gradually losing all purchase as my heels dug themselves lower and lower into the sand.........I was digging sand out of my arse all night.

Well the answer to the question is ..............'special sand' apparently. Grains not too big, and not too small. Didn't mention what it's like to shag on....I bet someone knows though!

I do not believe he is ostracized here by the networks. NBC seems to have their core guys and some media darlings like Brandi Chastain doing color commentary. You often see older athletes still doing commentary (Dwight Stone in track and field - I think he is ABC) for instance. A lot of younger viewers probably never heard of a lot of these people. Mary Lou Retton also comes to mind. Chris Evert and John McEnroe still do Wimbledon and may have done the Olympics but I did not see the tennis.

It is a good old boy and girl system.

I know some sports like fencing, skeet shooting and other sports of less glamourous nature are actually called by commentators in the studio in New York. They don't have actual people in London to do all the sports in person.

i see the host tv for the olympics in USA,did not bother to show the 100m sprint final till approx about 10hrs after the event,but they showed it live on the net.

regards

grayray

I was watching the Oz channel on Sophon yesterdat (Australia Network), and they were harping on about how many of the coaches for Team GB were Australian and had been tempted away by large offers. My my, Ozzies whining. :D

aussie coaches have trained the winners of 14gold medals for non aussies,but then they had better to work with and got paid a lot more than they could earn in OZ.

regards

grayray

aussie coaches have trained the winners of 14gold medals for non aussies

regards

grayray

Well done. :thumbup If the medal table was based on that you'd be right up there.

Idefix! I can't hear you any more? :llaugh

Normal service has been resumed....USA back at the top! The Chinese will hate that!

Australia are coming on.......Good to see they give us (England not the other GB countries) such a hard time but I always feel sorry for them when they lose because they always try Gow sip sip %

Have to mention the 'lady boxers' fantastic!

I badly need a good nights Kip .......... I'll take it after Sunday's closing party.... Ray Davis Spice Girls and all the 'Sirs' no doubt.

Edited by atlas2

Very proud of our women's football team.

Didn't deserve the win today but we did deserve a better result against the Yanks.

Well done ladies.

Not sure why you think you deserved a better result against the GOLD MEDAL WINNING USA!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
Loving my USA ladies in the 4 X 100 meter relay.

A good group that finally put it all together and

wrecked the old record on the way to GOLD!

On a roll!

On a roll!

Glad to see the USA back on top!
Glad to see the USA back on top!

I don't know how it is handled in the UK, but in the USA, as opposed to China, Olympic athletes training is self funded. Two gold medal winners, the new America's sweetheart, Gabby Douglas, and Ryan Lochte, have bankrupted their families for their training and travel expenses.

With their endorsements, all the sacrifices will pay off handsomely.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2183971/Gabby-Douglas-mother-filed-bankruptcy-months-Olympics-years-struggling-pay-daughters-training.html

I'm not sure but I think a lot of our medal hopes get big grants these days

But nothing compares to China who have an aim to win every single medal in 2020. Not just every Gold........EVERY MEDAL!!

The online article, "Click at the Olympics" or something, had a link to another article which I'm giving the gist of as accurately as I can.

It went along these lines.......

....................The Chinese State can do whatever it takes to show through sporting success, the superiority of it's political system. It targets first the less well funded minority sports. Pouring money and it's youth into obtaining success in these sports.

It gave an example of one Chinese competitor's account of the selection process. "Some people came to our school......they had a bucket and 3 table tennis balls. They asked each of us to throw them into the bucket. Anyone that got 2 in was offered a place at a special Table Tennis School. They said it meant we already had a 'feel' for the ball ....everything else they could teach.

It said......The Chinese take their teams to every 'Olympic type' competition and fund events of their own to see how their competitors handle pressured situations. The competitors know... if they don't measure up another 200 nameless, faceless competitors are waiting in line to take their place...............

There may be examples of equal ruthlessness in America or Britain ....but I'm not aware of it.

Edited by atlas2

Idefix! I can't hear you any more? :llaugh

Sorry but the - let's say - "excess of patriotism" of a few people here killed the interest I found first in this thread...

As for my country, we are at 1 gold medal of the objective our president fixed. It could be achieved.

As for GBR they get very good results. Hundreds of millions invested have paid. Well done.

• Downvote 2

Sorry but the - let's say - "excess of patriotism" of a few people here killed the interest I found first in this thread...

As for my country, we are at 1 gold medal of the objective our president fixed. It could be achieved.

As for GBR they get very good results. Hundreds of millions invested have paid. Well done.

We call that a back-handed compliment in 'GB'...... Still don't blame you........Don't blame you for anything after the video you've just posted on the Alcatraz thread, thanks!

As it is, I saw that Australia are saying the 'return' on investment for the GB team in 2012 beats their 'return' in 2000.

France have done well and probably would have invested more than you're saying and have done even better had they hosted the games this year.

Who knows?

Great Pole-vote last night! Congratulations.

If Thailand's Kaew Pongprayoon wins the gold (Light Fly Boxing) tonight (2:30am Thai Time), he will receive an estimated 100M THB from the government, the boxing association, and sponsors.

It can be lucrative on the back end for the few medal winners, but for those who don't medal, it's an expensive effort that pays little back monetarily.

I wonder how much the Chinese Gold winners get when they return home?

If Thailand's Kaew Pongprayoon wins the gold (Light Fly Boxing) tonight (2:30am Thai Time), he will receive an estimated 100M THB from the government, the boxing association, and sponsors.

It can be lucrative on the back end for the few medal winners, but for those who don't medal, it's an expensive effort that pays little back monetarily.

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but the North Korean medal winners were awarded refrigerators.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/north-koreas-key-olympic-medals-rewards-winners-punishment/story?id=16907983

I wouldn't be surprised if the chinese gold winners get alot. I have an ex girlfriend whose father was a successful soccer coach and still has the mercedes and driver, and houses supplied by the party.

, and houses supplied by the party.

Sadly a lot have their houses taken away by the party too.

Not sure why you think you deserved a better result against the GOLD MEDAL WINNING USA!!!!!!

So, which of these applies?

1) you didn't watch the game

2)you know nothing about football/soccer

3)you are just a homer

4)you think the rest of the world got this wrong

5)you like to comment about things you know nothing about

6) all of the above

Edited by steamer

The crazy woman of mine set her phone on vibrate alarm to get up and watch this!

Didn't make much difference as she knocked the bloody lamp over when it went off I was well woken.

She came back to bed quietly so I knew he had lost!

This morning I was told Chinese man fight bad way......