Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The Olympics, London 2012 - A time to be proud

The crazy woman of mine set her phone on vibrate alarm to get up and watch this!

Didn't make much difference as she knocked the bloody lamp over when it went off I was well woken.

She came back to bed quietly so I knew he had lost!

This morning I was told Chinese man fight bad way......

I'd not want to be a Chinese businessman trying to close a deal on Monday.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think London should be proud to host 2012 Olympics but I think they should be embarrassed about opening ceremony as I thought it was very boring just my honest opinion!!!!!

Oops! Really bad news for the French Cycling Team ....       Olympic Cycling - French Team Quarters Raided     By Karolos Grohmann and Paul Casciato LONDON, July 29 | Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:52am

Why is it a "bah humbug" and totally unnecessary pissing on someone's parade by me voicing my opinion? I think London should be proud to host the 2012 Olympics!!!!! I just did not like the opening

Posted Images

Balanced refereeing ....... He made the right decision .....then felt the need to balance that with a wrong one.

Edited by atlas2

I read a few days ago that Yorkshire would be 9th in the table if they'd competed independently.

The following joke was doing the rounds last week :

"Yorkshire are dominating in the Olympics and they still have Peter Sutcliffe in the hammer to come!"

I laughed at that.

Other jokes were "Good luck to the Brazilian hurdlers.....last time one jumped over a barrier in London we shot him dead!"

The head of the Somali Olympic team has apologized to officials after realizing that the shooting and sailing events are separate.The other teams have accepted the apology and will be getting their boats back.

By way of an apology to North Korea for displaying the South Korean flag at the football,the team will be treated to an all you can eat buffet at Battersea Dogs Home.

The Olympics were well done and went very well in my opinion. The good guys won the most medals and London did a great job and looked very nice. The closing ceremony was kind of gay looking but hey, It was in London.

Jack

What was so gay?

Ok, George Michael was sporting some new bugger's-grips that made him look like, 'Yosemite Sam'. And true, he was walking a bit lightly in the loafers in the 2nd number, looking like he was waiting for 'Village people to turn up, (They're a well known butch US group).

....and 'One Direction' looked like they might travel in both.

........And the Pet Shop boys are not 100% straight ...... But apart from that?

Edited by atlas2

It ran like clockwork...very well done. I am not a fan of opening and closing ceremonies, but the events themselves were perfectly done from what I saw.

It's also a relief that there were no security issues that spoiled the event...good luck or good planning, either way (or both), it was gratifying.

Hi,

The British aren't complete deadbeats yet. They may have lost the Empire but they know how to put on a show. The BBC did a good job of televising it as well. Much better than SKY's coverage of the US PGA. Maybe they have CBS to blame but their coverage was "ordinary" as the Ausssies say.

So, which of these applies?

1) you didn't watch the game

2)you know nothing about football/soccer

3)you are just a homer

4)you think the rest of the world got this wrong

5)you like to comment about things you know nothing about

6) all of the above

1.) I watched Alex Morgan head the winning GOAL!!!!!

2.) I PLAYED FOOTBALL/SOCCER IN SCHOOL

3.) You are just a homer

4.) The rest of the world watched USA win!!!!!!

5.) I only comment on things I know !!! USA WON

6.) All of the above

• Upvote 1

I think that London and all the subjects of Great Britain should be very proud over all for the 2012 Olympics !!!!!!!!! They ran like clock work and I enjoyed all 17 days !!!! I even enjoyed the closing ceremonies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the people of the City breathe a sigh of relief and say can we now get back to normal......?

As for 'Fornicator' himself, one of his old school reports has come miraculously to light, it reads.....

English Grammar. '.......and his tendency to over-use the exclamation marks not only means that he fails to emphasize the point, it also makes the reading of his work more akin to trying decipher a, 'bar code.'

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

a lot of aussie sportwriters,reckon the london games was the best they had seen,and i agree.

shit! sorry gran, the brits did good.

and they beat the crap out of us poor aussies,well we will have to wait to next years ashes.

regards

grayray

I've of course had no involvement in the organisation of the London Olympics, and far less competed in them or even been in my homeland while they were going on, but I find it very heartening to read such positive views on Britain's organising and competitive effort - thanks chaps. I thought they did a great job too, and am proud.

Many people have written GB off in the past several hundred years, and we're the absolute tops ourselves at knocking our small island nation, but you underestimate the people of Britain at your peril when it counts.

• Upvote 1

I like to dip into other countries Google News to get the comparitive views. From what I read in the Australian news, their Channel 9 were really appalling actually making The Ausssies angry.

Edited by atlas2

Well that was the best Olympics I have ever seen and the fact that is was in my own country made it even more special. After a slow start team GB ended up going one better then their performance in Beijing four years ago which was truly remarkable and it has made the title of this thread very apt indeed. It's very rare I feel proud to be British these days but throughout the entire duration of the games I was bursting with pride on an almost daily basis and it has changed my attitude a little. We put on a great show and achieved our best performance at an Olympic games in the modern era, what more could I ask for? The effect that these games will have on youngsters when it comes to taking up sports will be huge so here's to Rio in 2016......

How ironic that a British Muslim provided me with probably my highlight of the games, the stadium erupted and I was literally dancing round my living room when Mo Farah crossed the line to take the gold in the 5,000 metres to complete a double that has never been done before by a British athlete. Congratulations to all that took part and well done to the United States of America and China for doing so well, coming first and second respectively in the medal table. We're going to catch you soon....... :D I know one thing, the annual BBC Sports Personality of the year will be an interesting one this year. :thumbup

I know how Sam meant the title..... and that after our slow start he felt maybe it didn't suit.....But it always suited..........everyone. From everywhere.

Edited by atlas2