Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

IMPORTANT NEWS!

The 11th Solar Golf RideHer Cup competition will take place at St. Andrews 2000 (4 ball and Scramble) on Wednesday 7th November and Burapha Golf Club (singles) on Friday 9th November.

We are delighted to announce that a party will take place at Burapha Golf Club right after the golf on Friday with a pig roast and poolside buffet. We had such a great time after the final round in 2011 that it seems a shame to lose the party atmosphere by moving on to a restaurant. We will lay on a barrel of beer and lots of food around 1700 when everyone has showered and changed. The trophy presentation will take place in FLB Bar later in the evening and will continue long into the night.

The price will be held at 2011 level - 6,900 baht per person for the package of 2 rounds, caddies, carts, coach transport, buffet (inc. 1 barrel of beer) and a souvenir shirt for each player.

This historic event sees USA with 5 victories to Europe 4 with 1 draw. Will this be Europe's year?

Watch this space for more information! To enter the event, please reply here and let us know your shirt size, handicap and nationality. "Neutrals" will be allocated to teams to even up the numbers. The event is limited to 48 players so please register early. We will have a wait list in case of cancellations or no shows.

Edited by doghaus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brian. You informed me at Phoenix golf club last year that you did not consider our organisation of golf events met your exacting standards and that you had no intention of entering any further events. That effectively means that I have decided to count you out.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Brian. You informed me at Phoenix golf club last year that you did not consider our organisation of golf events met your exacting standards and that you had no intention of entering any further events. That effectively means that I have decided to count you out.

Well DAMN,,,, Callum, don't be shy, just tell it like it is mate. :whistling:

Seriously, I'll be in Patts from 18 October for two months and I hope we will have a chance to play a few friendly rounds during that period. ;)

i can't make it but I do have a question I'm canadian so would i be on the euro team or americans ?

I assume euro since we have the same Queen (uk) ? just askin

Interesting question. We would probably have allocated you to the USA team on the basis of them being a closer neighbour than Europe.

Well DAMN,,,, Callum, don't be shy, just tell it like it is mate. :whistling:

Seriously, I'll be in Patts from 18 October for two months and I hope we will have a chance to play a few friendly rounds during that period. ;)

Looking forward to your arrival Chris. I assume you will play in the RideHer Cup and the Misty's Open? Same shirt size as last year?

Doggie

2012 Solar Golf Ryder Cup Cup: Europe vs. USA. Pattaya 7 & 9 November

It will not have escaped your attention that there is a minor tournament taking place in USA this weekend. Your time may be spent riveted to the second greatest team golf event but then your thoughts will turn to the real thing – the 2012 Solar Ryder Cup scheduled to take place in Pattaya on 7th and 9th November! You may have already registered or maybe you are still thinking of entering so here are the details.

The 11th Solar Golf Ryder Cup competition will take place at St. Andrews 2000 (4 ball and Scramble) on Wednesday 7th November and Burapha Golf Club (singles) on Friday 9th November. This historic event sees USA with 5 victories to Europe 4 with 1 draw. Will this be Europe’s year?

Programme

Sunday 4th November – Registration evening at FLB Bar on Walking Street. You can register and pay between 8pm and 10pm. Drinking practice session will commence at 8pm.

Monday 5th November – Practice round at either Burapha or St. Andrews. I will decide on the venue after consultation with the captains. Captains will select the teams and announce them after golf.

Wednesday 7th November – Ryder Cup Day One at St. Andrews 2000. 2 way start at 11.30 am. 9 holes four ball and 9 holes Texas scramble – 2 player teams.

Friday 9th November – Ryder Cup Day Two at Burapha. 2 way start at 10.30am. 18 holes singles competition played in groups of 4. 2 x 9 holes matches will be played with the opponents switching after 9 holes. A celebration party will take place at Burapha Golf Club right after the golf with a pig roast and poolside buffet. We will lay on a barrel of beer and lots of food around 17.00 when everyone has showered and changed. The trophy presentation will take place in FLB Bar later in the evening and will continue long into the night.

The entry cost is 6,900 baht per player. This includes:

· Green fees, caddy fee and cart on Wednesday 7
th
November and Friday 9
th
November

· Transport by bus from central Pattaya to the golf courses and return

· Souvenir polo shirt in team colour

· Buffet with pig roast and beer (1 barrel for the group) on Friday 9
th
November

To enter the event, please email admin@solargolf.co.uk and let us know your shirt size, handicap and nationality. “Neutrals” will be allocated to teams to even up the numbers. The event is limited to 48 players so please register early. We will have a wait list in case of cancellations or no shows.

I look forward to seeing all of you in Pattaya. We extend a very warm welcome to everyone and I know that there will be a number of new players this year.

Edited by doghaus
  • 1 month later...

Haha,Poor Big Brian.

He was my partner on both occasions I played in the Rideher cup and we won both times.

I somehow got the feeling he was always unwanted.

Not at home for the golfing festivities this time,I hope it all goes well and you get a good turnout.

Best of luck.

Elway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...