Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

old TV series that you wish you could watch again

I was perusing the dB of Netflix videos & thinking of how I'd love to see Space 1999 again or Friday the 13th (the series).

any you wish you could turn back & tune in to ?

here's the dB btw :

http://www.instantwatchdb.com

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love watching the old Tomorrows world program and see what they got correct, imagine being woken up by this computer http://youtu.be/aJ6SbvrjxZA

about the same time frame as Moonlighting, I can remember watching St. Elsewhere.   I miss the original Law & Order, when it was called Homicide - Life on the Streets   I also miss J.A.G., t

Dark Shadows The Mod Squad Night Gallery Laugh In Then Came Bronson Green Acres The Red Skelton Show McGuyver Golden Girls All in the Family

Posted Images

You must've been watching re-runs, Moonlighting aired mid-80's

Northern Exposure is one I miss from the 90's

Edited by LocalYokul

You must've been watching re-runs, Moonlighting aired mid-80's

Northern Exposure is one I miss from the 90's

No, I just got the decade wrong. Bruce Willis had hair and Cyblll Sheppard still looked good.

These were "must see" programs I used to watch with the ex-wife, so maybe I was feminized by the experience.

about the same time frame as Moonlighting, I can remember watching St. Elsewhere.

I miss the original Law & Order, when it was called Homicide - Life on the Streets

I also miss J.A.G., the precursor to N.C.I.S., with Catherine Bell, but that was mid 90's

• Upvote 1

about the same time frame as Moonlighting, I can remember watching St. Elsewhere.

I miss the original Law & Order, when it was called Homicide - Life on the Streets

I also miss J.A.G., the precursor to N.C.I.S., with Catherine Bell, but that was mid 90's

Yes, St. Elsewhere was very good as well...Homicide was superb, and I'm glad you mentioned it.

Andre Braugher was one of the best series actors I have ever seen.

Really, there were some riveting series back then

In the USA, most of the cable companies carry channels that show nothing but re-runs of old shows.

I think that happens in many countries around the World, but in North America it's mostly old sitcoms that fill 30 minute slots.

Good dramas aren't often found on those channels IMHO.

"Hill Street Blues" The original cast from the first few years. I haven't check in recent years, but I've heard there are no plans to release it on DVD. Fortunately, I have many episodes, first and last, on tape.

"L.A. Law" Again, the original cast from the first few years.

"Hogan's Heroes" I was overseas in the Service when this was first on TV, but watched the re-runs upon my return.

"The Avengers" Only those episodes with Diana Rigg. These are available of DVD.

"M*A*S*H" Over the years I've found I prefer Henry Morgan as Colonel Potter vs the original C.O. OTOH, I can only take so much Alan Alda and reach for the off switch.

There are others that don't come to mind at the moment.

"Moonlighting" was always enjoyable.

"Remington Steel" was more of the same sort of feminist nonsense, but enjoyable just the same. Pierce Brosnan was so skinny he could have hidden behind a pencil.

In the 1970s one of the major networks had three or four series that rotated each week in the same time slot and each episode was about 1 1/2 hours long (or was it two?). Dennis Weaver had one week and I don't remember the rest. Was "Banacek" part of that group. They used the same house in Boston for the TV show that was used in the original "Thomas Crown Affair" movie.

"Streets of San Francisco" wasn't bad.

"Miami Vice"

"Nash Bridges"

Edited by Samsonite

MASH & Tour of Duty were both good'uns, on the opposite side of the spectrum however.

"Hill Street Blues" The original cast from the first few years. I haven't check in recent years, but I've heard there are no plans to release it on DVD. Fortunately, I have many episodes, first and last, on tape.

"L.A. Law" Again, the original cast from the first few years.

"Hogan's Heroes" I was overseas in the Service when this was first on TV, but watched the re-runs upon my return.

"The Avenger's" Only those episodes with Diana Rigg. These are available of DVD.

"M*A*S*H" Over the years I've found I prefer Henry Morgan as Colonel Potter vs the original C.O. OTOH, I can only take so much Alan Alda and reach for the off switch.

There are others that don't come to mind at the moment.

I forgot Hill Street Blues, an exceptional show...and LA Law with the smarmy Corbin Bernson. M.A.S.H., the Avengers, and Hogan's Heros were, to put it mildly, atrocious... IMHO.

One I wish I could find that isn't all that old is Boston Public, with Quincy Jones' daughter, Rashida. She's since been in The Office & Parks & Rec., but I still remember seeing her first on Boston Public.

I was perusing the dB of Netflix videos & thinking of how I'd love to see Space 1999 again or Friday the 13th (the series).

any you wish you could turn back & tune in to ?

here's the dB btw :

http://www.instantwatchdb.com

Funny thing is i downloaded both series of Space 1999 only last week, and am slowly working my way though them

I always enjoyed drama with a sense of humor like Columbo and The Rockford Files. On the comedy side I really enjoyed Seinfeld. For science fiction I was a big fan of the original Star Trek, the original The Outer Limits and Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone.

Dark Shadows

The Mod Squad

Night Gallery

Laugh In

Then Came Bronson

Green Acres

The Red Skelton Show

McGuyver

Golden Girls

All in the Family

• Upvote 1

Green Acres

The Red Skelton Show

wow, some of those are WAY back. Laugh In was a good choice too, made some future stars.

Dark Shadows

Watching the first season now, it's STILL creepy after all these years. I think it's mostly the lighting and music.

Mr Ed.

I thought they could have done much more with such a clever talking horse.

• Upvote 1

Cheyanne Cheyanne where will you be camping tonight?.....

Bronco, Bronco tearing across the Texas Plain. Bronco, Bronco .....Bronco Lane

And even to this day when in the Olympics some Korean bugger draws back on his bow. I have to stop myself going ..."Da dan da dan dada dan dan dan dang DANG DANG DAAAAANG."..Arrow shudders in the centre of the target and Dick James (who made a fortune out of the Beatles) Starts into "Robin Hood Robin Hood riding through the glen....." Robin Hood was a Scotsman you see......not surprised they're everywhere!!

....And didn't Lucy always have ...."some 'splaining to doo"

Now before I start singing, 'Torchy the Battery Boy' and the nurses arrive with my medication can I just say that for quick nostalgia fixes youtube have everything from The Lone Ranger, Ivanhoe to the man from U.N.C.L.E....Wasn't the Russian in 'that' Scottish!!

Edited by atlas2

Yes, St. Elsewhere was very good as well...Homicide was superb, and I'm glad you mentioned it.

Andre Braugher was one of the best series actors I have ever seen.

Really, there were some riveting series back then

Andre Braugher also did a mini-series called, "Thief", that was impressive.

"Cheers"

My oldest son is too young to remember "Cheers," but was recently watching it on DVD. He sent the following text message, "TV shows have really turned to crap in the last 30 years. Cheers is hilarious and touches on a lot of social issues."