Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League

Winners ?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Manchester City did the business for me last year and it’s a case of who can stop them again this year. Mancini has a great record of winning leagues in Italy so will know what is required to defend the title.

Manchester United performed well last season and only lost out to City in the last minute of the season. The Glazers seem to be in financial difficulty with their shopping malls in US and so money will be tight enough for Ferguson this season. Still, RVP is a good signing and might be the difference if it’s a close race. Kawaga, who may have been signed with the hope of raising the profile in Japan, and Powell, seem fairly run of the mill signings with no guarantee of success.

Chelsea are Champions of Europe but they may have to rebuild the team after their sacking of AVB who was supposed to carry out the task last season. They seem to have plenty of money to spend and have signed some good players. Oscar seems a player with a future and Eden Hazard is a big name already.

Arsenal have signed some top players in Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud. RVP will be a big loss but Arsene had no choice. The players are in the driving seat. I hope they give it a good go.

AVB has moved on to Spurs and I will be interested in how he performs there. It looks like Modric is on his way to Real which will be a big loss. AVB, like Arsene, really had no choice. Jan Vertonghen seems a good signing and I’m sure there will be others before the transfer window closes.

Newcastle will struggle to do as well as they done last year. They have great support and I hope they keep up the entertaining football.

Liverpool are another team in transition with a new manager. Brendan Rodgers has a difficult task to keep a truculent fan base onside and it may be amusing for us outsiders if Liverpool hit a losing run. Still, I think Rodgers is a good manager for Liverpool and let’s see how they go.

The others seem to be playing for mid table mediocrity and I hope some of their supporters are pleasantly surprised. West Ham, Southampton and Reading are the new entrants and it will be a good season for their fans. Southampton have produced good players and play nice football. I hope they can stay up.

I like to get VFM when I have a bet but just can’t see beyond Manchester City, who are favourites, this year. Most of the other top teams seem to be in a transitional phase and they could have a clear run. Good luck if you have a bet and enjoy the season.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Liverpool are another team in transition with a new manager. Brendan Rodgers has a difficult task to keep a truculent fan base onside and it may be amusing for us outsiders if Liverpool hit a losing

Erm... There was a small problem of a new stadium to be paid for down there. You really seem to have no concept on the financial implications for FCs nowadays Sammy, let alone bothering to read what w

Modric 30 mill   Carroll 35 mill   Torres 50 mill   Bale has a possible 5 games coming up on the International stage to showcase his talents. If Spurs get into the Champions League next season I

Well it comes round so quickly and the new season starts again this weekend so what are your predictions for this season? Who will finish first, second, third and fourth, and who will be the three to go down? Who will be the first manager to get the sack and who will finish as the top scorer?

I am still finalising my predictions which I am going to post later tonight........... :ninja:

Guest ThaiKipper

"Liverpool are another team in transition with a new manager. Brendan Rodgers has a difficult task to keep a truculent fan base onside and it may be amusing for us outsiders if Liverpool hit a losing run. Still, I think Rodgers is a good manager for Liverpool and let’s see how they go."

Truculent ,I had to look it up.Shame you ain't got a clue what you are talking about .Your whole post is full of crap to be honest ,I don't know where you are from but you come across as a bit of an armchair johnny foreigner that watches the EPL through blinkers.

• Downvote 2

"Liverpool are another team in transition with a new manager. Brendan Rodgers has a difficult task to keep a truculent fan base onside and it may be amusing for us outsiders if Liverpool hit a losing run. Still, I think Rodgers is a good manager for Liverpool and let’s see how they go."

Truculent ,I had to look it up.Shame you ain't got a clue what you are talking about .Your whole post is full of crap to be honest ,I don't know where you are from but you come across as a bit of an armchair johnny foreigner that watches the EPL through blinkers.

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution. Welcome to the board.

I think Man utd will win the title this year, Man City either 2nd or 3rd, Chelsea will be a good outside bet to lift the title, Liverpool 5th or 6th at best, Arsenal, can they recover from losing RVP?

Newcastle? Havn't lost any players, only strengthened, maybe another top 5 finish, you never know!!!

I think Man utd will win the title this year, Arsenal, can they recover from losing RVP?

Newcastle? Havn't lost any players, only strengthened, maybe another top 5 finish, you never know!!!

Hi,

Man Utd have a boost from signing RVP. I'd say the players at Arsenal hadn't planned on RVP being around at the start of the season.They have made some good signings so should be in the top 4/6 again this season. Maybe one of our teams will surprise

us and win the thing ?

Guest ThaiKipper

Hi,

Thanks for your contribution. Welcome to the board.

Thanks .As much as I dislike Fergie as a man I do admire him as a manager...You gotta love his quote about RVP's price tag & Arsenes dealing ..."Arsene could win at a poker school in Goven" Suggesting that UTD payed WAY over the odds for a 29 yo at the end of his contract .

Fergie also thinks that he had the 4 best strikers in europe in the season 1999-/ .he now thinks that he has the best 4 strikers in europe again,lol,Aguero,tevez & Suarez may be south american but they would certainly give fergie's fab 4 a run for there money.

Thanks .As much as I dislike Fergie as a man I do admire him as a manager...You gotta love his quote about RVP's price tag & Arsenes dealing ..."Arsene could win at a poker school in Goven" Suggesting that UTD payed WAY over the odds for a 29 yo at the end of his contract .

Hi,

Same,same. I wouldn't buy a second hand car from Wenger. Got much more than I thought he would for RVP. However, it's a balanced deal as if he plays at the top of his game he will have been worth the money to Fergie and Man Utd.

God as much as I hate to admit it,MU is the favorite with RvP.W/o him,it was Man City.

Hi,

That's a popular perception. It starts today so let's hope it's a cracker.

Well no one appears to be interested at the moment but I'll post my predictions anyway....... :D

I have very detailed explanations behind my predictions but I won't bore you with them I'll just tell you what they are. The top four from first to fourth will be:

Manchester United

Manchester City

Chelsea

Arsenal

The the three teams to be relegated, in no particular order will be:

West Bromich Albion

Swansea

Reading

Wayne Rooney will be the top goalscorer in the league closely followed by Robin Van Persie and Mario Balotelli. The first manager to be sacked is a difficult one as there are so many candidates for this, Di Matteo could be in big trouble if the first part of the season doesn't go his way as could Brendan Rodgers. Mark Hughes and Michael Laudrup will also be under a lot of pressure but I am going to go for Steve Clark.

Edited by Siam Sam

Topic merged.

Sorry MM, didn't have a clue that a thread on this subject had already been started. :blush:

Fergie also thinks that he had the 4 best strikers in europe in the season 1999-/ .he now thinks that he has the best 4 strikers in europe again,lol,Aguero,tevez & Suarez may be south american but they would certainly give fergie's fab 4 a run for there money.

Welcome back to the board Torres.

Guest Fatboyfat

Time will tell of course, but Man Utd do not have a good record looking after injury prone players (Saha,Veron,Cole etc) and Van Persie is a walking "Sick Note". If he does stay fit then they will probably win, especially with the 15 odd point advantage we seem to get every season by teams not in the title race sending "the reserves" up to Old Trafford. The rest of the top teams don't seem to benefit from that anywhere near as much. Probably all of those ex-Utd managers, still scared of Ferguson LOL ! I still think Utd need some proper class midfielders tho'. Back to RVP though, I just don't see Ferguson putting up with his pretty well documented diversive traits (He was at the centre of most disputes in the Arsenal dressing room, indeed the veritable stereotypical Dutchman.) and his relationship with Evra could be interesting ! Omens are not good for Liverpool, going on last night's match.

. If he does stay fit then they will probably win, especially with the 15 odd point advantage we seem to get every season by teams not in the title race sending "the reserves" up to Old Trafford. The rest of the top teams don't seem to benefit from that anywhere near as much. Probably all of those ex-Utd managers, still scared of Ferguson LOL !

Hi,

It's unusual for a United fan to admit that. Add the "Old Traffordish"decisions from the refs and it adds up. Fat Sam is back in the League as well which is another plus for Fergie. I was glad when Blackburn sacked him when he lost 7-1 at Old Trafford.I think United's European form is a better way to judge them as it's a more level playing field.

Omens are not good for Liverpool, going on last night's match.

Wonderful isn't it? United went twenty six years without winning the title once. They will go beyond that.

Wonderful isn't it? United went twenty six years without winning the title once. They will go beyond that.

Hi,

I think it's unfair to pick on Liverpool as United had the same problem when Sir Matt Busby retired. When Fergie goes who knows. He seems to have an unhealthy influence on the referees and many other managers in the League. Fatboyfat it is ex United players not managers as stated in your post. :lsmile

Hi,

I think it's unfair to pick on Liverpool as United had the same problem when Sir Matt Busby retired.

It's perfectly fair. The scousers have made an art form of believing that everyone is against them in the last twenty five years, look at the way they have carried on with the Hillsborough disaster and countless other incidents over that time, the most recent being the blatant display of racism from Suarez to Evra last season. The way the club handled that was an absolute disgrace, no class at all. Liverpool are a club that live off of former success and have the belief that they have some sort of right to success. The sooner they realise that their club needs a complete overhaul from the bottom up is the only way they will ever become successful and until then, fuck them.

When Fergie goes who knows. He seems to have an unhealthy influence on the referees and many other managers in the League.

You are talking absolute shit mate. Fergie has no more influence over referees than any of the other managers in the Premiership. Rather than just jumping on the bandwagon and quoting the shite that you read in the Sun why don't you give me some examples to substantiate what you have to say? This should be interesting......

As for suggesting United might struggle when Fergie goes I think you need to get with the times. Football is all about money now and has much more influence over what goes on than any other aspect. United are the biggest club in England and will remain that way, it's not going to make much difference when Fergie retires because they will always have a big enough following to finance the wages. United aren't Liverpool for fucks sake, do you really think when he goes they will end up embarrassing themselves by appointing someone like Brandan Rodgers? I think you'll find that the best in the business will be wanting the job.

Edited by Siam Sam
Guest Fatboyfat

Mr. Sam, if you consider the post-Sir Matt string of McGuiness, O'Farrell, Docherty (relegation included) & Sexton, all of whom were supposedly "the best available at the time" as a super success, then you are slightly deluded. As with the assesment that money nowadays would not let it happen; United were a hugely wealthy club back then too !

what was the result west ham V villa?/

oh! yes the mighty hammers 1 villa O

but i had to watch a replay because i got the shits at half time and went to bed,game started appox 12am aussie time.

the first half was like the shite the aussie A league put on.

especially the strikes by aussie Holman,you know,see the goal posts and let fly,high and wide,the hammer goalie only had to move his head and watch the ball go wide and high.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray44