Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Not being there and knowing the exact circumstance, it certainly sounds to me like this incident could easily have been avoided. The guy with the dog should have apologized and moved along as soon as he discerned trouble with the drunken Doa and her boyfriend. I'm not blaming him for the idiot stabbing him, but it is always best to avoid confrontation if at all possible.

This is so sad. I don't know in detail what led to the confrontation, but a human life has been bled onto the street over something that can surely only be ascribed to an alcohol-fuelled over-reaction reinforcing a misplaced sense of "honour". The killer will live to regret what he did for a hopefully long time, his victim died for absolutely nothing of any importance as far as I can tell - wrong place, wrong time, encountered someone who might become his friend in other circumstances, but male ego got in the way and acted disastrously for both.

• Upvote 1

Well he's got an indefinite stay in Bang Kwang to look forward to and quite rightly so the nasty bastard. I hope he gets gang raped everyday for the rest of his life.

An argument over a dog in a Pattaya bar, whatever next. It's a good job there is gun control in Thailand!

An argument over a dog in a Pattaya bar, whatever next. It's a good job there is gun control in Thailand!

I doubt it matters to the guy that he was stabbed and not shot.

RIP. A tragic waste of two lives.

This reply has appeared in the comment section of Pattaya one, if true (I’ve no reason to doubt it) they both deserve life.

cactuswasp says:

August 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

The true story as I understand it.

I received a phone call about two in the morning telling me that Rob had been beaten up. A friend and I hooked up together and found Rob at the hospital.

Sadly he had already passed.

We were told many stories of what happened but this the one I believe.

The Thai man that broke up the fight and restrained the Swede and the Thai woman that accompanied Rob to the hospital gave us this version of events.

Rob was walking past the bar when the Swede’s girlfriend ran out and grabbed the dog. She then took the dog over to her boyfriend.

The boyfriend wanted nothing to do with the dog and he pushed it away. Rob then proceeded to make fun of the Swede in a joking type manner.

After he had had his fun Rob left the bar and walked around to another bar.

The Swede’s girlfriend then raced to her home and retrieved two knives. She was angry that Rob had made fun of her boyfriend and she wanted him to do something about it.

The Swede wasn’t overly concerned about the banter but she insisted.

Rob had a few drinks at other bar then left.

Rob had to walk past the bar containing the Swede and his girlfriend to get home. He had no idea the Swede was waiting for him with two knives. One was a ten inch fruit knife and the other one was a shank type knife, think screwdriver but thicker.

The Swede stepped from the bar and shouldered Rob in the street. When Rob questioned this action the Swede pulled out the knife and stabbed him in the neck.

When Rob fell to the ground he stabbed Rob twice in the back. Then he slashed Rob on his arm and leg with the fruit knife.

The girlfriend then joined the fray and kicked and punched Rob as he lay dying in the street.

The man who told us this story then broke up the fight. He disarmed then restrained the swede and he was then helped by fellow Thai’s.

The man’s story was backed up by other onlookers.

I would like to add that he was very brave to put himself at risk trying to save Rob.

This reply has appeared in the comment section of Pattaya one, if true (I’ve no reason to doubt it) they both deserve life.

cactuswasp says:

August 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

The true story as I understand it.

I received a phone call about two in the morning telling me that Rob had been beaten up. A friend and I hooked up together and found Rob at the hospital.

Sadly he had already passed.

We were told many stories of what happened but this the one I believe.

The Thai man that broke up the fight and restrained the Swede and the Thai woman that accompanied Rob to the hospital gave us this version of events.

Rob was walking past the bar when the Swede’s girlfriend ran out and grabbed the dog. She then took the dog over to her boyfriend.

The boyfriend wanted nothing to do with the dog and he pushed it away. Rob then proceeded to make fun of the Swede in a joking type manner.

After he had had his fun Rob left the bar and walked around to another bar.

The Swede’s girlfriend then raced to her home and retrieved two knives. She was angry that Rob had made fun of her boyfriend and she wanted him to do something about it.

The Swede wasn’t overly concerned about the banter but she insisted.

Rob had a few drinks at other bar then left.

Rob had to walk past the bar containing the Swede and his girlfriend to get home. He had no idea the Swede was waiting for him with two knives. One was a ten inch fruit knife and the other one was a shank type knife, think screwdriver but thicker.

The Swede stepped from the bar and shouldered Rob in the street. When Rob questioned this action the Swede pulled out the knife and stabbed him in the neck.

When Rob fell to the ground he stabbed Rob twice in the back. Then he slashed Rob on his arm and leg with the fruit knife.

The girlfriend then joined the fray and kicked and punched Rob as he lay dying in the street.

The man who told us this story then broke up the fight. He disarmed then restrained the swede and he was then helped by fellow Thai’s.

The man’s story was backed up by other onlookers.

I would like to add that he was very brave to put himself at risk trying to save Rob.

FFS! I really hope this guy hasn`t lost his life over something so ridiculous!

If it is true then I agree both the Swede and his wife deserve life or more appopriately DEATH!

If it is true then I agree both the Swede and his wife deserve life or more appopriately DEATH!

Hi,

String the buggers up.

FFS! I really hope this guy hasn`t lost his life over something so ridiculous!

It does defy belief, a silly little argument and a life lost, another in ruins, never mind the family and friends who it effects

If this is true - the wife ran home and grabbed two knifes- then it's premeditated murder (first-degree murder, or murder one). In the U.S., that could get you strapped down to gurney and a lethal injection in the arm. Whatever version of the story you accept (other accounts maintain he grabbed the knife off a fruit-seller's cart or was already carrying it), it appears at no time the Swede was in imminent danger that justified the use of deadly force. It would be impossible for him to claim self-defense.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

That story sounde the most likley from what I have read and heard.

Spoke to a girl in Jims bar two nights ago, the bar is directly opposite Areca Lodge.

Her words were "Thai girl start shit over nothing"

They both deserve to go away for a long long time.