Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

hi all, i was last in Pattaya in 2005 aged only 18 and completely broke i spent only 1500 baht a day (crazy i know) and still enjoyed myself. It was all i could afford being over there for a month and on a very tight budget, it broke down to about 500 on food and 1000 on beer in either beer bars or go gos which serve draft at 50 baht (such as the beach club just off walking street) per day. obviously that didn't include accommodation its what i had left after accommodation.

who ever says you cant have a good time on 1500 a day is getting ripped or paying for a lot of ladies... i may have been more prepared than most as my late father was a pattaya vet and my mother a ex bar girl.

Within two days i had a stunner on my arm ( a go go girl not a bar girl either) and in total spent 600 on a bar fine for her when she couldn't be bothered working one day. lol. She spent more on me... and we had ALOT of fun together if you catch my drift. Being half thai defiantly helped... it made me into some sort of precious stone and the local girls just wanted a photo with me (maybe they thought i was someone on tv or something lol). Puts a new spin on the "no money no honey" line.. to which you should reply "no problem no honey more money"

Now im off again in Feb 2013 for 14 days and have worked my budget out at 3500 baht a day (after accommodation) which is about £71.

Have prices changed in pattay since 2005?? Is it more expensive now??

i don't plan on going insane... just a couple of quite drinks and good food with my friends and maybe a woman every now and then (if i end up paying that is). At the moment this budget breaks down to around 500 for food and 3000 for fun...

i would never do it again on 1500 baht tho... too many headaches when your meant to be enjoying yourself.

Edited by skintpattayalover

Prices have risen since you were last here. I've had to increase my ST rate to 700 Baht. LT has stayed at 1K. I was in Pattaya last March.

Edited by BigDUSA
  • Upvote 1

Much depends on your outlook on what you want to do each day. Sure the costs of Barfines have risen and many girls in GoGos now want more money, but you can still have as much fun in beer bars and get girls from beer bars for 1 k a night. It would be very interesting, if you have time for you to do a trip report on what you have now seen when you return and the differences etc.Food is still cheap and so are the baht buses etc. Overall, for that budget, you cant go crazy, but you can have a good time, best of luck

you are a young guy and i am sure little will have changed for you, besides the prices! good times can be had for almost any budget, respect the girls, be polite, buy the occasional lady drink and already i am jealous of you! lol!

i am 47 and still have a laugh and some offers from random customers, thai ladies that is. one thing i have noticed especialy over the last year is now having 2 bars more and more of my customers are thai, women and couples and they have expendable income, beleive me things are changing to the trained eye!

good luck and have a good time

Paul

thanks for the advise, im glad too hear that i can still have a good time on my limited budget. Im a beer bar and street food kind of guy anyway so it doesn't sound as if im going to struggle a lot.

i will defiantly do a trip report as suggested, it will be interesting to see how things have changed and i would enjoy putting it into writing.

so roll on feb!! cant wait to indulge in some street food.... love my mystrey meats. i can already hear the distant cries of "hey sexy man" getting louder and closer each day... :bhappy

Sadly half the threads on the forum of recent time have been about rising costs in Pattaya and how to handle them.I say sadly because in some cases they have become a bit inflamed.Just have a look at some of these. It has to be said however that most of these relate to the cost of the ladies and there is still a mountain of cheap food (500 baht a day-no problem) and cheap drinks as long as you stick to bars or drink draft at the clubs.

3500 per diem is easy for me all in on an extended stay but for 14 days it would be a bit tight.

I still budget 100 US a day for fun plus cheaper hotel plus souvenirs and clothes and I usually bring home cash.

Times have changed and 1500 a day isn't possible if you want to drink and engage in p4p. For my upcoming trip I am budgeting 7000 a day. I haven't had a trip on my own for a while though and I intend to have an absolute fucking riot! :dbh :chogdee2

Edited by Siam Sam

Now im off again in Feb 2013 for 14 days and have worked my budget out at 3500 baht a day (after accommodation) which is about £71.

Have prices changed in pattay since 2005?? Is it more expensive now??

Yes, for pretty much everything except baht buses.

But there are still the cheaper options of draft in GGBs and BBs offering bottles at 45-50 baht. That is why Pattaya is popular, you can find cheap and the big spenders are handled quite well too. You sound like you will find your way around and be OK. Do you speak Thai?

Times have changed and 1500 a day isn't possible if you want to drink and engage in p4p. For my upcoming trip I am budgeting 7000 a day. I haven't had a trip on my own for a while though and I intend to have an absolute fucking riot! :dbh :chogdee2

I find if I'm on my own then I spend less.

No going to dinner just because someone else is hungry of having a massage because someone else is horny let alone lady drinks that your mate buys causes you to buy a few extra or you'd be treated like a leper.

• Upvote 1

I find if I'm on my own then I spend less.

No going to dinner just because someone else is hungry of having a massage because someone else is horny let alone lady drinks that your mate buys causes you to buy a few extra or you'd be treated like a leper.

That's true but you're talking to a man that hasn't been in Pattaya on his own for five years. I'll be busy catching up. :bhappy

Yes, for pretty much everything except baht buses.

But there are still the cheaper options of draft in GGBs and BBs offering bottles at 45-50 baht. That is why Pattaya is popular, you can find cheap and the big spenders are handled quite well too. You sound like you will find your way around and be OK. Do you speak Thai?

I speak enough thai to get around and get me out of any trouble... could speak fluent thai before i could speak English, then moved over here (england) and lost it all though never speaking it... it tends to flood back when every one around is speaking it.

my budget to me now doesnt sound that bad.... 500 for food (no problem), 1000 on cheap drinks (18 beers at 59 each.... i would be rather merry), 2000 on a bar girl... which i don't intend on doing every night. So technically 2000 could carry over and i could have some lady action another night. luckily my favorite activity (people watching) is free... apart from maybe the 47 baht bottle of leo from 7/11. :smile:

I speak enough thai to get around and get me out of any trouble... could speak fluent thai before i could speak English, then moved over here (england) and lost it all though never speaking it... it tends to flood back when every one around is speaking it.

my budget to me now doesnt sound that bad.... 500 for food (no problem), 1000 on cheap drinks (18 beers at 59 each.... i would be rather merry), 2000 on a bar girl... which i don't intend on doing every night. So technically 2000 could carry over and i could have some lady action another night. luckily my favorite activity (people watching) is free... apart from maybe the 47 baht bottle of leo from 7/11. :smile:

Yeah, you will have a good time. I can drink 18 beers but if they were draft I think my head would explode! :D

The lady drinks are a killer on a night out, they are surprisingly cheaper in GGBs than BBs (mostly). But if you can speak Thai and crack a joke with them, and are a young fellah to boot I think you will be pissing off a few of the grizzly old Expats as you will have all the company!

Edited by jacko

SPT.

You are probably aware of the poor exchange rate for the GBP compared to what it was in 2005. If you are not you soon will be when you get to Pattaya. A 1000 baht now costs you over £20!

Have a good time, 3,500 should be plenty for a young fellow like you.

Times have changed and 1500 a day isn't possible if you want to drink and engage in p4p.

I would not do it but I would not say it's not possible.

With 1,500 baht you could do 2 ST daily with Coconuts Bar girls, drink cheap beers from 7/11 or cheap draft beers in agogo, and still have enough money for some Thai food you buy in food carts.

Looks like some people really live like that in Pattaya... :unsure:

I would not do it but I would not say it's not possible.

With 1,500 baht you could do 2 ST daily with Coconuts Bar girls, drink cheap beers from 7/11 or cheap draft beers in agogo, and still have enough money for some Thai food you buy in food carts.

Looks like some people really live like that in Pattaya... :unsure:

Yes I suppose it is possible if you really want to scape the barrel but that isn't my idea of having fun. I like to know that I can do whatever I want and don't have to constantly worry about what I am spending. I'll be working to a budget next time yes, but it's one that allows me to have a lot of fun.

Yes I suppose it is possible if you really want to scape the barrel but that isn't my idea of having fun. I like to know that I can do whatever I want and don't have to constantly worry about what I am spending. I'll be working to a budget next time yes, but it's one that allows me to have a lot of fun.

Have to agree with Sam here, if you can get by and even have lot's of fun on 3500 a day great but i wouldn't go unless my budget was at least 10,000baht per day. (after hotel)

• Upvote 1

I try and keep my budget to $aud100 a day. At the moment I can get 3200bht

for the ozzie $.

My main costs are LT's as I really like LT's you can have one at night

and another shag in the morning. Always BG's at 300 BF and 1000 LT.

Then golf at around 1700bht every 2nd day

So on average I have around 1500bht for drinks and food a day.

San Mighuel Light 80bht x 10

breakfast 100bht

lunch 100bht

dinner 100bht

This does not include accommodation which I get for 1000bht pn

which I pay at the end of my stay with VISA.

I try and keep my budget to $aud100 a day. At the moment I can get 3200bht

for the ozzie $.

My main costs are LT's as I really like LT's you can have one at night

and another shag in the morning. Always BG's at 300 BF and 1000 LT.

Then golf at around 1700bht every 2nd day

So on average I have around 1500bht for drinks and food a day.

San Mighuel Light 80bht x 10

breakfast 100bht

lunch 100bht

dinner 100bht

This does not include accommodation which I get for 1000bht pn

which I pay at the end of my stay with VISA.

3200 baht? Hope that is a typo. Or I'm off to change money.

Jack

Edited by jaxxon55

. I like to know that I can do whatever I want and don't have to constantly worry about what I am spending. I'll be working to a budget next time yes, but it's one that allows me to have a lot of fun.

If you are working to a budget, then actually you are worrying about what you are spending.

Even when I go out, I have limits........ the contents of my pocket (I never bring ATM card out and live too far off to drunkenly go get them). I see some guys ringing the bell or whatever, usual gaggle of GG girls and fat servers on the scrounge, and wonder 'how much did this guy bring out'?

... apart from maybe the 47 baht bottle of leo from 7/11. :smile:

I can get a half litre bottle of Czech lager in my local supermarket for a fair bit less than that, and i live in one of the most expensive countries in Europe.Seems Thai prices are getting really out of hand.