Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Do you have dual nationality? I would assume you do.

yep im a dual national... just have to be on my best behavior. If i get into any trouble im on my own, no help from the British embassy.... on the plus side i don't have to bother with visas if i was staying longer than 4 weeks.

I can get a half litre bottle of Czech lager in my local supermarket for a fair bit less than that, and i live in one of the most expensive countries in Europe.Seems Thai prices are getting really out of hand.

yes but your in pattaya... and you cant put a price on the atmosphere of the place.

Roorsoldja: 10,000 a day??, i need to have a night out with you.lol You must some fun for that money, i wish i could afford the same but we make do with what we have. Given the choice of slumming it in england or slumming it in Thailand, Thailand wins hands down every time.

The one thing that I have done to spin out the dollars /baht is to spread the costs. The pain is that much less. I usually book and have to pay for my air fare and that is normally three months at least before a trip.

I keep an eye on exchange rates and if say the $US or the baht hits trigger points I buy in.

My accommodation is put on the credit card and quite often I have say 6 weeks to pay that and other credit card accounts such as duty free purchases.

In all I therefore can spread the cost of a 4 week trip over 6 months!

The one thing that I have done to spin out the dollars /baht is to spread the costs. The pain is that much less. I usually book and have to pay for my air fare and that is normally three months at least before a trip.

I keep an eye on exchange rates and if say the $US or the baht hits trigger points I buy in.

My accommodation is put on the credit card and quite often I have say 6 weeks to pay that and other credit card accounts such as duty free purchases.

In all I therefore can spread the cost of a 4 week trip over 6 months!

Hi,

Good planning.

...i hope you are.

Well, yes and no. I assume you know what the liability is and you have either a Sor Dor 43 or a Sor Dor 8 to show your "status". It would seem rather negligent to intend staying in the country on a Thai passport if you don't have the paperwork to show you're exempt. Even future PMs who were born in the UK are liable. That said, a couple of years stay with free food and accommodation isn't to be scoffed at. :thumbup

yep im a dual national... just have to be on my best behavior. If i get into any trouble im on my own, no help from the British embassy.... on the plus side i don't have to bother with visas if i was staying longer than 4 weeks.

yes but your in pattaya... and you cant put a price on the atmosphere of the place.

Roorsoldja: 10,000 a day??, i need to have a night out with you.lol You must some fun for that money, i wish i could afford the same but we make do with what we have. Given the choice of slumming it in england or slumming it in Thailand, Thailand wins hands down every time.

I hear that,

I have 3 tr's in the trip report section if your wondering how i spend that much :)

Hi,

Good planning.

It was raining this morning so I sat down and updated my budget. Heres how it looks.

I bought my ticket in July and paid there and then.

I started to buy currency this month.

I am off in October and back in November and because I am doing a side trip some of my accommodation will be billed in each month.

Because of my billing cuttoff (mid month) I will have to pay both in full in December to avoid paying interest on the credit card account.

I will need to top my spending money up in November with a debit card.

Bottom line is that the trip has been spread over six months and I really dont need to use savings because of the spread. The fact that I am hit with 30,000 baht worth of accommodation in December is fine becase so much of December spending turns up in January and February!

I know that people in the work force or with more income or savings will be laughing at this but I am a retired superannuant and its important to me to plan ahead.

Nothing wrong with planning ahead on a fixed income. On the other hand, car salesmen love to tell you your new car will be "only" 500 a month rather than the 30,000 full price. Why? because you'll spend more than what you think you will.

Nothing wrong with planning ahead on a fixed income. On the other hand, car salesmen love to tell you your new car will be "only" 500 a month rather than the 30,000 full price. Why? because you'll spend more than what you think you will.

I've givin payments down to the hour :bhappy