Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Interesting Trip to the Local Clinic

I went to my local STD Clinic in Oz for my annual check up today. No symptoms... just a good idea I reckon for all sorts of reasons.

My Doctor was a very pleasant middle aged woman. Asked me the usual background questions... she told me that there was no point in testing for gonorrhea... why not asks I .... cos if you've got that you get a copious (discharge) of greenish stuff... even if its a light dose, you still get the discharge. OK says I.

We should test for syphilis she says. Why I ask, I haven't had any spots or lesions on my Dick. Because it's highly infectious and about 30% of people who get it are asymptomatic (they don't have any symptoms) and it sometimes gets you where the condom finishes. Oh... news to me !

Lastly, I tell her no need to test for HIV.... I don't want to waste gov't money and I only had a condom break once or twice. And the chances of getting HIV on a single instance of unprotected sex with someone who has it is very low. Yes, she says. Only a one in a thousand chance for men.

Then she changes topic. You buy lottery tickets? she asks. No, is my answer, don't waste my money. I'm sure you would if you had a one in a thousand chance of winning she says. Got me !! You bet I would... so anyone here who buys lottery tickets.... there's a lesson here ....

Smart Lady !

• Upvote 2

Some Gonorrhoea infections are asymptomatic. If you are at a STD clinic pay for the test, plus VDRL (Syphilis) and really using the odds to determine HIV testing is not a great idea. Get that done as well.

I am amazed an MD would use the absence of "typical" symptoms to decide against a Gonorrhoea test then talk about gambling on HIV testing or not.

They knew well of asymptomatic Gonorrhoea in the 70's at the NIH:

In a prospective study, 133 male contacts of 102 women with gonorrhea were examined. A diagnosis of gonorrhea was made in 63 patients, indicating an infection rate of 47% after exposure. Forty-three percent of the patients with gonorrhea were asymptomatic. The duration of the asymptomatic period ranged from 3 to 154 days. The epidemiologic importance of this hidden infectious reservoir is stressed.

Don't forget Chlamydia, even if it is not as harmful for men you can infect women.

Edited by Grandpollo

and it sometimes gets you where the condom finishes. Oh... news to me !

??? I realize that any fluids containing the bacteria are highly contagious, but there has to be at least a tiny break in the skin, doesn't there?

??? I realize that any fluids containing the bacteria are highly contagious, but there has to be at least a tiny break in the skin, doesn't there?

Yes ... but not for Herpes.

I would be much more concerned about Herpes and Hepatitis.

lolex.

as usual, the aussie humour, has passed directly over the heads of a few here :bhappy

regards

grayray

If you think STD testing is supposed to be funny, you're wrong.

Taking swipes at general groups of board members seems to be your most frequent post style.

Maybe you're not happy with the board's other members and should find one where illiteracy, poor grammar, and bitterness to other members you won't engage directly is more in keeping with your style.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • 3 months later...

How much is a full panel STD test cost in Pattaya? also i really have problems wearing condoms what are the chance of me going bare back with my bar girl if i happen to pay for us both to get a full panel on the spot STD test?? or i could always bring a dozen of these home Units?? http://home-bio-test.com/index.php Any thoughts my fellow board members???

I'll apologize in advance: I'm really not trying to change the topic. But I just got done reading the latest posts to the Heathrow Customs thread. Can you just imagine a customs guy such as the one described going through someone's bags and finding a collection of these?

How much is a full panel STD test cost in Pattaya? also i really have problems wearing condoms what are the chance of me going bare back with my bar girl if i happen to pay for us both to get a full panel on the spot STD test?? or i could always bring a dozen of these home Units?? http://home-bio-test.com/index.php Any thoughts my fellow board members???

On the spot STD test is good BUT if she has AIDS/HIV it can take six months from the time of infection for her to have a positive result. Going bareback with a prostitute is risky business.

On the spot STD test is good BUT if she has AIDS/HIV it can take six months from the time of infection for her to have a positive result. Going bareback with a prostitute is risky business.

...WRT AIDS/HIV risk: if you buy the connection between AIDS and vaginal intercourse. I understand the OP's issue with condoms, but just not sure I could put that much trust in a spot STD check.

I think you should also ensure she has farang size functional life-jackets!
  • 2 months later...

I went to my local STD Clinic in Oz for my annual check up today. No symptoms... just a good idea I reckon for all sorts of reasons.

My Doctor was a very pleasant middle aged woman. Asked me the usual background questions... she told me that there was no point in testing for gonorrhea... why not asks I .... cos if you've got that you get a copious (discharge) of greenish stuff... even if its a light dose, you still get the discharge. OK says I.

We should test for syphilis she says. Why I ask, I haven't had any spots or lesions on my Dick. Because it's highly infectious and about 30% of people who get it are asymptomatic (they don't have any symptoms) and it sometimes gets you where the condom finishes. Oh... news to me !

Lastly, I tell her no need to test for HIV.... I don't want to waste gov't money and I only had a condom break once or twice. And the chances of getting HIV on a single instance of unprotected sex with someone who has it is very low. Yes, she says. Only a one in a thousand chance for men.

Then she changes topic. You buy lottery tickets? she asks. No, is my answer, don't waste my money. I'm sure you would if you had a one in a thousand chance of winning she says. Got me !! You bet I would... so anyone here who buys lottery tickets.... there's a lesson here ....

Smart Lady !

So did you test for HIV? If so, what was the result? Did you have unprotected sex at any time in the six months preceeding the test? If so, did you take another HIV test at some time more than six months after? If so, what was the result?

Do you buy Lottery tickets now? No, I didn't think so.

On the question of condoms, where do we get ones that don't cut you in half?

Durex Comfort are pretty sizable.