Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I've just watched the Pogues rendition of House of the Gods,as posted by Cheshire Tom in this thread (post #72 http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/59279-eyes-wide-open/page__st__50 ) and saw a character wearing a Dogs Bollocks t-shirt,which reminded me of some photos I took a month or so ago.So,with a short preamble,here they are:

The first time I wandered passed the Dogs Bollocks I thought it was just another bar with a football theme and some tribal loyalty. The kind of stuff you see all over Benidorm where expats promote their affliliation to the town they were born in.

The next time I was trawling up the Soi (Yamoto),I popped in and was amazed that it was basically a shrine to British football hooliganism! I've never seen anything like it. I took a few photos of stuff on the walls.

I'll add a few more details later.

Two members of the Chelsea Headhunters opened this bar,both are notorious football hooligans,and both published books of their exploits.Chris Henderson wrote the book "Who Wants It?" and Steve Hickmont "Armed For The Match". Football hoolie books are a popular genre in the UK....there's loads of them,detailing tear-ups in the 70s,80s and 90s. I think one of these blokes is now in the PI (no extradition?) whereas the other was deported back to the UK. A new bloke owns the bar now...he was asleep upstairs when I last dropped by,so didnt get to talk to him. You can pump their names into Google and get the low down. Although theres a fair bit of Chelsea stuff here,thats by no means all....

There are scarfs,shirts and photos now of other teams.Maybe these have been introduced by the new owner,but lots of older and more interesting stuff remains.The woman in there give me a commentary of some of the faces on the walls. Phew!!

By all accounts,this Soi used to be dodgy even by Pattaya standards.. Another UK hooligan was reported to have opened the Lazi Pig,whilst some extreme nationalists had another venue. The term "Soi Hooligan" was used somewhere.

Some details might confuse non Brits,so heres a very quick glossary of some characters whose names or faces are on the walls :

Ronnie Biggs is one of our (UK) Great Train Robbers. A villain who broke out of the Big House and absconded to Brazil where he taunted the police as he was outside their juristiction. He is partly famous for singing "My Way" with Sid Vicious of the Sex Pistols.

Mad Frankie Fraser is a old school London gangster,the enforcer of the Richardson Gang. A good friend of mine worked for him.

Bear was a leader ("top boy") of Arsenal football clubs hooligan firm The Herd. Name Denton Connell.Three thousand wrong uns went to his funeral.

Johnny Wilkinson won the Rugby World Cup for England a few years ago by scoring the points with his accurate kicking.

More info of course on Google and Wikipedia.

In the first group of photos,I had the wrong aperture set on the camera so they might look a bit grainy as I boosted them up.

Anyway,here's some of the decorations.........

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

There are a few things that make me cringe to be English.........This is one of them.

...........Even worse than being an American and knowing that the world can see Republican or Democrat Conventions.

Edited by atlas2
  • Upvote 1

Walked past it on my first trip and some yobbo jumped out and asked my id I was Chelsea man. Said no, I follow Australian rules and promptly told "If you don,t follow Chelsea you can fuck off from this Gaff" Nice. Bunch of cunts and I hope them and the Chelsea FC go fucking tits up.

Edited by ronrat

I've just been on Google,seeing what comes up when Chris Henderson and Steve Hickmotts names are entered,as in where are they now.

SH seems to have been last seen running a fish'n'chip shop called London Underground (fosh and chops to the New Zealanders on here!). However it looks like it was closing down "because of bills to pay". http://mmcg968.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/when-chips-are-down.html

SH got a bad write up in the UK tabloid "The People" in 2005 too. http://www.preda.org/en/newsitems/worlds-vilest-brits/

As for Mr Henderson,well it seems he was thrown into jail in January 2010 for not having a passport,got a foot infection and due to poor medical treatment HAD IT AMPUTATED! http://www.moj.go.th/th/blog/detail.php?id=77 It seems like some Chelsea lads organized a whip-round to get him back home. http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=132&fid=77&sty=2&act=1&mid=2120348123

Pattaya is known for its happy endings,but not in these two cases.

When I was young in the 50s and early 60s I had school holidays in Belgium and Holland. WW2 was still in people's memory and the welcome we received as British kids was fantastic. We were treated like celebrities wherever we went. One cafe owner in Holland that we visited would not charge us for our drinks and gave us all a small box of cigars to take home to our fathers. He told us to thank them for their liberation. We were choked with pride and did not really know what to say.

How things changed over the next few decades after our 'football supporters' had gone on the rampage in their towns and cities causing decent Englishmen to be ashamed to show their faces across the Channel. Our reputation has been tarnished forever by these moronic packs of spoilt, ill disciplined, nasty, evil, bullying hooligans. Those same continentals would not now piss on us if we were on fire. How they've got the nerve to display the Victoria Cross and associate themselves with the British military is an insult to all those young men who gave their lives in both World Wars and lie beneath the soil in the cemetries in Northern France and the Low Countries.

I'm sure old Ronnie Biggs and his chums would never condone the behaviour of these thugs and and would be embarrassed to be seen in this monument to all that is wrong with English modern day football. Their behaviour along with that of muggers and perpetrators of street violence is a good reason to bring back the birch and a return to hard labour in the prison system.

• Upvote 2

When I was young in the 50s and early 60s I had school holidays in Belgium and Holland. WW2 was still in people's memory and the welcome we received as British kids was fantastic. We were treated like celebrities wherever we went. One cafe owner in Holland that we visited would not charge us for our drinks and gave us all a small box of cigars to take home to our fathers. He told us to thank them for their liberation. We were choked with pride and did not really know what to say.

How things changed over the next few decades after our 'football supporters' had gone on the rampage in their towns and cities causing decent Englishmen to be ashamed to show their faces across the Channel. Our reputation has been tarnished forever by these moronic packs of spoilt, ill disciplined, nasty, evil, bullying hooligans. Those same continentals would not now piss on us if we were on fire. How they've got the nerve to display the Victoria Cross and associate themselves with the British military is an insult to all those young men who gave their lives in both World Wars and lie beneath the soil in the cemetries in Northern France and the Low Countries.

I'm sure old Ronnie Biggs and his chums would never condone the behaviour of these thugs and and would be embarrassed to be seen in this monument to all that is wrong with English modern day football. Their behaviour along with that of muggers and perpetrators of street violence is a good reason to bring back the birch and a return to hard labour in the prison system.

Hear hear!

.......You're smarter than the average bear..Yogi!

Is it true the Dogs Bollocks used to have a prominent sign which read: "No Arabs or Japs allowed. Lager louts welcome."? Or is that just an urban myth?

Evil

:devil

Is it true the Dogs Bollocks used to have a prominent sign which read: "No Arabs or Japs allowed. Lager louts welcome."? Or is that just an urban myth?

Evil

Thats true, looking at the pictures that are posted, it looks as if there are many of the posters/pictures n longer there any more, perhaps the new owner has taken many of them down

Evil

The Japanese angle came about after the "patrons" of the bar attacked a Japanese film-crew prior to the 2002 World Cup. The story was well-documented at the time.

Thats true, looking at the pictures that are posted, it looks as if there are many of the posters/pictures n longer there any more, perhaps the new owner has taken many of them down

BM you are right..I was told that lots of stuff has been taken down. There's still lots left of course!

Hi,

Lots of the football fans of that era were into violence. Never appealled to me. I know some of them still but many died young. They liked their beer as well. Although they seem bad many were nice enough people if they liked you.

The owner is Phil from Northern Ireland and he is a very pleasant guy.

Used the bar several times a few months ago and saw no trouble at all.

You could be right,that the bar is more of a time capsule,preserving the hooligan memorabilia and artifacts that adorned the walls when it was under headhunter management.

Still a strange place though.

Is Phil the bloke on the right hand side of this picture,in the striped shirt?

bs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of my mates drink in there when they are on holiday. Not been there myself but knowing a fair few hoolies from football most are decent blokes who enjoy a tear up with like minded guys.

Cowards will always pick on victims whether it's for football or other reasons.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk