Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How the Pharmacist next to Tim’s ruined the last days of my trip

Well I was into the last couple of days in LOS when I woke with a small pimple just under my lip, didn’t think anything of it but by evening it was noticeable when looking in a mirror, anyway was in Tim’s on second road having a good time and upon visiting the toilets again could see my little pimple, having had a cut from eating prawns when the shell nicked my thumb that looked like it was getting a minor infection as well I decided to pop next door to the pharmacy and get some antiseptic cream for that and thought I would put some on the pimple as well.

Anyway I walk in the pharmacy and ask the guy for antiseptic cream and gestured to my thumb and lip, he looked at me shook his head and said “You have Herpes, maybe from pussy” im like WHAT THE FUCK, anyway he gives me some cream and as there is few other people in the store I leave, I then read the cream label and its for Genital Herpes, now I know a cold sore is a form of herpes but not the same as Genital or type 2 herpes, so im outside Tim’s thinking what the fuck is going on here, then I think maybe this guy sees a lot of herpes so he’s right my pussy eating has cost me, anyway I sit down at a bar and think about things and eventually come to terms with what ive been told, its not going to kill me but any relationship back home is now going to need an honest explanation that I have this virus in my system and its going to be there for life, then having to explain how I got it !, anyway I then think fuck it, you only live once and carry on enjoying myself although its still at the back of my mind, a few lovelies are getting keen for the BF and some action but I then think how can I BF knowing I may have this highly infectious disease and the last thing I want to do is pass it on to a farmer daughter from Issan, so I pass and end up sleeping alone.

Next morning im up early on the PC reading about Herpes after a few hours I know quite a bit about it and particularly how easy it is to infect another person when you have an outbreak, so that’s that the last few days I will have to stay celibate.

Anyway, get back home yesterday and straight off to the Doctor, explain everything to him, he then asks me a few questions all of which I say no too except the shagging and pussy eating, he then takes a close look and says “Thanks for telling me all about your exploits in Thailand it been a real eye opener but that pimple just under your lip looks to me to be what is commonly known as a ZIT and not a cold sore or type 2 herpes ”, I then get a lecture on the risks of Oral sex and in particular with hookers, fair enough I think, im very relieved but also very pissed at that idiot in the Pharmacy next to Tim’s, so if your in the area do me a favour and pop in and tell the older guy in the that he’s a CUNT.

Maybe in hindsight I should have seeked further advice as the guy was fair distance from me when I gestured to my lip but I figured being in the middle of Pattaya and being old and wise he knew his stuff.

Feel a bit of a fool but Be carful out there………………………..

• Upvote 4

why are you blaming all on the pharacy why did,nt you go to the hospital or a clinic and get checked out properly. when he told you what he thought you had any one with a bit of common sense would have gone to the doctors or hospital :clueless

Because he's used to thinking with the head between his legs and not the one on his shoulders? :whistling:

Because he's used to thinking with the head between his legs and not the one on his shoulders? :whistling:

I dont know he took it pretty seriously. To the extent he ruined the rest of his holiday trying not to spread what he thought he had to other mongers.

Alfred, you do not seem to have understood what you read online.

Type 1 and Type 2 herpes can BOTH cause sores on your lips OR in your genital area.

GENITAL or ORAL only describes the area in which you have the infection, not the virus type.

I have never had a zit that lasted more than a couple of days, so maybe the Pharmacist was correct after all !

I have never had a zit that lasted more than a couple of days, so maybe the Pharmacist was correct after all !

Lucky man. I have zits that date from the Reagan administration. I name them after craters on the moon.

I had a similar issue from a clinic on an early trip. Near the end of a trip I got a crotch rash that wasn't getting better, so I went to a clinic and and was given antibiotics, which didn't help (and kept me off the beer!). On seeing my doctor back home it turned out to be a fungal rash and antibiotics were exactly the wrong thing as they lower your resistance to fungal infections. Some cream cleared it in a couple of days. The guy in the clinic in Pats was supposed to be a doctor!

You must have been seriously shocked to learn you had an outbreak of zits....... truly unpleasant.

Pharmacists in my experience in Pattaya are dispensers. If you know exactly (and I mean exactly - drug, generic and trade name and dosage and form) what you need then fine, otherwise they are not physicians and can't and shouldn't diagnose things.

You did no harm using whatever anyway - it was probably Acyclovir cream but on a zit. And It is effective on both Herpes 1 or 2 so it could have treated a HSV 1 cold sore though they do tend to resolve on their own fair enough. And it only helps maybe 1/2 to 1 day less than your immune system does.

If you didn't pay, say $20, and ended up with useless cream no harm done.

Edited by Grandpollo

I had a similar issue from a clinic on an early trip. Near the end of a trip I got a crotch rash that wasn't getting better, so I went to a clinic and and was given antibiotics, which didn't help (and kept me off the beer!). On seeing my doctor back home it turned out to be a fungal rash and antibiotics were exactly the wrong thing as they lower your resistance to fungal infections. Some cream cleared it in a couple of days. The guy in the clinic in Pats was supposed to be a doctor!

Moist areas tend to attract fungal infections vs. bacterial ones. You're right that oral antibiotics can make fungi flourish more in the orifices like pussy and mouth, mind you.

Carry a tube of clotrimazole (dirt cheap this stuff) for this sort of thing and athlete's foot which I get a lot in the damp.

In my experience if you get an itch in your kecks you should try Canesten first thing. It's a braod-spectrum antifungal.

Disclosure: I'm not a doctor, but I play doctor in gogo bars.

Pharmacists in my experience in Pattaya are dispensers. If you know exactly (and I mean exactly - drug, generic and trade name and dosage and form) what you need then fine, otherwise they are not physicians and can't and shouldn't diagnose things.

You did no harm using whatever anyway - it was probably Acyclovir cream but on a zit. And It is effective on both Herpes 1 or 2 so it could have treated a HSV 1 cold sore though they do tend to resolve on their own fair enough. And it only helps maybe 1/2 to 1 day less than your immune system does.

If you didn't pay, say $20, and ended up with useless cream no harm done.

Yes it was Acyclovir cream, all in all, the Zit started Thursday morning, i flew back home Sunday, went to the Doctor Monday, today is Wednesday and the Zit has all but gone, so i recon that’s defiantly what it was, doctor has referred me for a blood test just to be 100% sure, all in all feel pretty stupid but live and learn I suppose, when your told something like this it does make you stop and think that maybe the person particularly a pharmacist would know what they were talking about..

Well I congratulate you on your concern for others well done as for the mis diagnose dont worry we have all had simlar experiences if we are being honest and would have thought no different than you other than some may not have had the decency you showed. We all know the dangers of Thailand and all take the risk at sometime or another.

Moist areas tend to attract fungal infections vs. bacterial ones. You're right that oral antibiotics can make fungi flourish more in the orifices like pussy and mouth, mind you.

Carry a tube of clotrimazole (dirt cheap this stuff) for this sort of thing and athlete's foot which I get a lot in the damp.

These days I swear by Prickly Heat powder. Works like magic.

Yes it was Acyclovir cream, all in all, the Zit started Thursday morning, i flew back home Sunday, went to the Doctor Monday, today is Wednesday and the Zit has all but gone, so i recon that’s defiantly what it was, doctor has referred me for a blood test just to be 100% sure, all in all feel pretty stupid but live and learn I suppose, when your told something like this it does make you stop and think that maybe the person particularly a pharmacist would know what they were talking about..

I can't imagine many people in the general population not having HSV-1, e.g. cold sores so getting a test for that seems excessive unless the doctor thinks it might be HSV-2 and got on your face, lips, whatever.

Firstly, I am sympathetic with the OP for the anxiety he went through and the lost days playing on holiday - not a good way to end a monger trip.

In the States, it is: Doctors for diagnostics; Pharmacists for prescriptions

(clinics for outpatient and hospitals for inpatient)

I know some pharmacists here try to impress or expand their role and it comes down to our discretion whereas in the nanny States they would lose their licenses. 2nd and 3rd opinions are not cost prohibitive and using the right professional for the job.

Take care and enjoy your next trip.

Well I was into the last couple of days in LOS when I woke with a small pimple just under my lip, didn’t think anything of it but by evening it was noticeable when looking in a mirror, anyway was in Tim’s on second road having a good time and upon visiting the toilets again could see my little pimple, having had a cut from eating prawns when the shell nicked my thumb that looked like it was getting a minor infection as well I decided to pop next door to the pharmacy and get some antiseptic cream for that and thought I would put some on the pimple as well.

Anyway I walk in the pharmacy and ask the guy for antiseptic cream and gestured to my thumb and lip, he looked at me shook his head and said “You have Herpes, maybe from pussy” im like WHAT THE FUCK, anyway he gives me some cream and as there is few other people in the store I leave, I then read the cream label and its for Genital Herpes, now I know a cold sore is a form of herpes but not the same as Genital or type 2 herpes, so im outside Tim’s thinking what the fuck is going on here, then I think maybe this guy sees a lot of herpes so he’s right my pussy eating has cost me, anyway I sit down at a bar and think about things and eventually come to terms with what ive been told, its not going to kill me but any relationship back home is now going to need an honest explanation that I have this virus in my system and its going to be there for life, then having to explain how I got it !, anyway I then think fuck it, you only live once and carry on enjoying myself although its still at the back of my mind, a few lovelies are getting keen for the BF and some action but I then think how can I BF knowing I may have this highly infectious disease and the last thing I want to do is pass it on to a farmer daughter from Issan, so I pass and end up sleeping alone.

Next morning im up early on the PC reading about Herpes after a few hours I know quite a bit about it and particularly how easy it is to infect another person when you have an outbreak, so that’s that the last few days I will have to stay celibate.

Anyway, get back home yesterday and straight off to the Doctor, explain everything to him, he then asks me a few questions all of which I say no too except the shagging and pussy eating, he then takes a close look and says “Thanks for telling me all about your exploits in Thailand it been a real eye opener but that pimple just under your lip looks to me to be what is commonly known as a ZIT and not a cold sore or type 2 herpes ”, I then get a lecture on the risks of Oral sex and in particular with hookers, fair enough I think, im very relieved but also very pissed at that idiot in the Pharmacy next to Tim’s, so if your in the area do me a favour and pop in and tell the older guy in the that he’s a CUNT.

Maybe in hindsight I should have seeked further advice as the guy was fair distance from me when I gestured to my lip but I figured being in the middle of Pattaya and being old and wise he knew his stuff.

Feel a bit of a fool but Be carful out there………………………..

this can't be serious!

there certainly are a few naive people in this thread.

Edited by lespaul5000