Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Is this a good rate for a rental car?

I have never rented a car in Thailand but a few times it would have come in handy.

http://www.flyerbonus.com/ffp/promotion_detail.aspx?id=195&type=news_en

Hertz Thailand is offering FlyerBonus Members the special price start from 790 Baht/day plus earns FlyerBonus Points. This offer is valid from September 1 to 30, 2012 at all Hertz locations in Thailand.

Promotion: Rent a Hertz vehicle with special price start from 790 Baht/day plus earns FlyerBonus Points.

Validity: September 1 to 30, 2012

Participation Locations:

Bangkok: Sathorn Business Station, Suvarnabhumi Airport, Donmuang Airport.

Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai Airport.

Chiang Rai: Chiang Rai Airport.

Chonburi: Pattaya Central Plaza Festival.

Samui: Samui Airport.

Phang Nga: Khaolak Business Center.

Phuket: Phuket Airport.

Krabi: Krabi Aonang

Type of Vehicles Rental Rates per day (THB) Economy Vios, Jazz, City 790 Intermediate Altis, Civic 1,190 Full Size Camry, C-RV, Fortuner 1,890 Van Commuter 1,790

Duration FlyerBonus Points Earning 1 – 3 consecutive days 5 4 consecutive days or more 10

For more information and reservations please call: +662 266 4666 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE +662 266 4666 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Email : reserve@hertzthailand.com

Terms & Conditions

1. 5 days advance reservation is required at Hertz Call Centre 02 266 4666.
  2. Confirmation are subject to the availability of the requested models at the time of enquiry.
  3. Rate include: VAT7%, Unlimited Mileage, Basic Insurance (deductible 2,000 - 10,000 Baht).
  4. Rate exclude: 1st Class Insurance, Fuel, Driver, Parking fee, Toll fees, Personal Accident Insurance and other surcharges.
  5. The rent requires for a valid and current passport or ID card, Driving License or International Driving Permit and pre-Authorize on credit card THB 30,000 is required in advance during car pick up.
  6. This offer can not be used in conjunction with any other offers.
  7. In case of any disputes, the decision of Hertz Thailand is final.
  8. Terms and Conditions of FlyerBonus apply.

Nothing special considering they only offer basic insurance. With full insurance it will be around 1000 baht, which is normal.

Furthermore: A deposit of 30.000 baht? Fuck, do they think you want to buy the car? I rented a few times before and never ever left more than 5000 baht as a deposit.

I thought that 30k baht deposit was a bit steep also.

Nothing special considering they only offer basic insurance. With full insurance it will be around 1000 baht, which is normal.

Furthermore: A deposit of 30.000 baht? Fuck, do they think you want to buy the car? I rented a few times before and never ever left more than 5000 baht as a deposit.

The place where I hire from standard charge is 800 for a Vios with full insurance, with only 2000 baht deposit, and if you hire for 7 days the only charge for 6.

That's a good deal, wanna share the info?

Thanks

Just a bit of info about the deposit, it is taken by CC only, and is taken, not just blocked, it also can take up to 6 weeks after you return the car for the deposit to be paid back to the CC, in my opinion it is not a good deal if you have to pay this.

Just a bit of info about the deposit, it is taken by CC only, and is taken, not just blocked, it also can take up to 6 weeks after you return the car for the deposit to be paid back to the CC, in my opinion it is not a good deal if you have to pay this.

Very good point as 30,000 baht ($1000) is a big deposit.

Mostly in the UK it is authorised but not taken.

The Thai 'deductible' at only 2000-10,000 is reasonable (UK often £500-600, 25,000-30,000 baht) is high, but liability insurance is big there (whiplash claims are up!).

Having to wait 6 weeks for the refund means you have to find the cash to cover it, or pay the high CC interest.

Not to derail the topic, but why would you get a car you have to drive yourself? I have always found that I could get the same or better rates by hiring a car with a driver. By driving yourself, you open yourself up to a lot of risk which is offset by having a Thai driver with his own car.

Bigdelta if you had said it was 50baht a day someone would have said they could get it cheaper.Not one positive post,I rent cars very frequently in Thailand and that is a good rate !!

I don't want to be negative, but It's not bad, but neither is it good.

It only has basic insurance, which indicates that better insurance is available. Basic insurance in Thailand means damage to tyres and windows is not covered. CDW is not included. So you're looking at 1000 baht/ day if you want that covered. And then I'll have to repeat my previous post: That is nothing special. You can get that anywhere. Try Avis, try Budget, Thai Rent a Car, the local rental companies, travel agents. 1000 baht will get you a car anywhere in Pattaya!

At Thai rent a car in Pattaya Outlet Mall you pay 5000 baht deposit and it is not taken from your card, just blocked! I think they will only do that to rentals that are being returned to their outlet, but still.... it is not 30.000 baht. No need to argue over 50 baht cheaper rates here and there, but wanting 30k baht as a deposit would have me look elsewhere for a rental.