Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hello everyone - Need a little Help

I plan on staying at the Royal Asia Lodge in  Bkk for a few days and I have not seen any reviews on this place. Does any one have any info or experience staying at the Royal Asia Lodge in Bkk.

Thanks in Advance

BobSJ

It is one of my favorite Places in Bangkok.

A little run down, but ok. I like the location (End of Soi 8 Sukhumvit, quiet, but their Tuk Tuk Service (24 Hours, they have a bell on the Corner Suk / Soi 8 to call for a transport back) is great.

Rooms are ok, not much more, but I just like them.

Feel free to ask for more info!

Sunny

I came so far for beauty

I left so much behind

My patience and my family

My masterpiece unsigned

Sunny,

Thank you for the reply. The only other questions is the hotel guest friendly - (No Joiner Fees) and how many people will the Tuk-Tuk hold. Also is it much of a walk from the hotel to Sukhumvit Rd?

Would you recommend the standard rm or the jr. suite?

Thanks again,

BobSJ

The hotel is at the bottom of the soi! and the tuk tuk will only take you up and down that soi! I found it a little bit of a walk! but thats just me! I am a lazy kind of guy!

As for the differance in rooms! I can't really comment! I have only stayed in the standard!

Stiffler.

Stiffler,

Many thanks to you and Sunny for your replies. I am looking forward to a nice stay in Bkk. I will be trying out their inhouse massage, I am hoping for a happy ending.

Thanks Again,

BobSJ

I stayed here for 3 nights in October. This is a great  place to stay in Bangkok. It is visitor friendly, has internet service, lock box at the front desk, and is clean but has somewhat dated furnishings. The Tuk Tuk service is nice but you can easily walk to Nana Plaza, the Soi 7 Beer Garden and the Eden. Skytrain is nearby as well. I noticed a couple of beer bars on this soi but never tried them out. I stayed in a junior suite...next time I will stay in a standard room as I didn't need the living room area. The lobby is very narrow so your walk of shame is very short.

I've stayed at Royal Asia twice.  Last time being in November.  The hotel is very guest friendly with a great staff.  Rooms are a little run-down but good enough.  Tuk-Tuk service is great to get you to the end of the soi...very short walk to Nana from there.  

The others have said it before ..... Royal Asia is definitely Guestfriendly, including Multiple Guests .... No Hassle, the Tuktuk holds three or 6, as they have two carts.

Walking to the Corner Suk Soi 8 is about 10 Minutes, and the Escalator to Nana Station BTS are right on this Corner.

Have fun! I will be there in April .....

Rooms: I once had a Junior Suite, but it turned out that I am happy enough with the Standard Room. Check out the Intenet Site and make a booking from there1

Sunny

___________________________________________________________________________________

I came so far for beauty

I left so much behind

My patience and my family

My masterpiece unsigned

W.Churchhill,

Ok, I am interested in your thoughts on the Nana vs Royal Asia.

Could you provide more info as to why you prefer the Nana over the Royal Asia

Thanks,

BobSJ

Guest chrisgng22

you will see from past posts i like the nana,last time i stayed at the royal asia for a change,its right down at the bottom of the soi,ok theres a free tuk tuk wow.you press the bell at the top near sukhumvit and wait,i was in the lobby one day a farang lady came looking and she said im not stopping there its filthy,im not as fussy as her i didnt think it was that bad,it is a budget hotel i found the jakkuzi on the roof was filthy it was green the swimming pool is a little bit bigger than a bath,for about 100 baht more the nana ia a better option in my opinion,also i like the action in the lobby at the nana theres none at the royal asia and no action near abouts.

Hi BobSJ

I have not stayed in Roayal Asia Lodge, but I have stayed in Stable Lodge and The Promenade both in soi 8. Both places best avoided I am afraid. But soi 8 is a nice relaxed soi almost cosy. I you stay there visit Beer Garden restaurant which is good in both thai and farang food with resonable prices. Oh and I should not forget

Alleycat, which is a BJ bar, on the second side soi to the right, when you are walking down soi 8 towards Royal Asia Lodge. The girls are not pretty, but know their craft.

Best wishes

thaidane

I stayed at the Royal Asia last month.  Had the Queen suite.  It is actually located in a building next to the main hotel.  Has a small living room, very large bedroom, tv, air,  tile floor throughout.  But after one night I checked out.  The water at first did not work in the shower,  then when it did it ran terrible.  After I had showered there was a black muck on the floor of the tub.   Not sure if was from the water or if the tile floors were just filthy.  Room did have an inroom safe.  For me it was just to old and rundown to enjoy.  And it was a long walk off of Suk.  Must say though that the receptionist was cute.  

Try to get the Royal Asia Lodge rooms #

414 / 415

514 / 515

614 / 615

714 / 715

if you can.  They were recently redone and are much nicer.  

The Royal Asia Paradise is next door and those are usually rented out for longer periods of time but you can catch one sometimes depending on vacancies.  The owners are Thai but not Budhists so don't be alarmed by the towels.  They have always been extremely helpful to me.

One piece of advice is some Taxi's will not want to drive to the hotel during the rush hour.  They have to go down Sukhumvit and do a U turn and come back and that little U turn can add up to an hour for the trip.  It really sucks to see your street about 20 yards away but it taking another hour before the Taxi can get there.  Depending on how much luggage you have you might want to get off at the Nana Skytrain stop and cross over Sukhumvit and catch the hotel Tuk Tuk.

Hi,

Stayed at the R.A.L. for three nights when passing through Bangkok Feb. last year. Rooms were clean, shower and bath were O.K. in room bar was O.K. and good price. In room massage was great, Supplied by desk when i checked in after a long flight, for a old bugger like me, and costs were O.K. and lady 8 out off 10. A/C and T.V was O.K. Safe box at desk but didn't use

so cannot tell if it's open 24Hrs

For the price of 880Baht i dont think you can complain.

Also for a banged up crock like me I decided to walk rather take the transport provided by the hotel and it took me less than five minutes, and I walk slow.

Stayed at the Nana in July last year, for three days, for the first and last time.

This year have decided to stay at the Grand Inn Soi 3 as my legs are getting bad and I like to get close NEP. This is 900Baht for the back rooms, Less noise and cheaper.

Cheers Doug.