Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I can't tell from the photos if it's where the trees were immediately behind the PBR (they were there in June!) or if it's on the other side of Soi 15 nearer the Areca Lodge. If it's the first, I'll be looking for a different hotel for November, if it's the second, I'll probably put up with it, so it'd be nice to know.

Perhaps Saddic who took the photo could confirm?

Thanks

The Jungle is gone.. The pic is of the piledriver and the (i estimate) 15ft pillers they were driving into the ground...

I stayed at PBR the last 3 weeks of July. Moved there from my preferred hotel, Bay Breeze just before their renovations started.

Overall my room at Bay Breeze was larger.

The land behind was still being cleared and some mornings the first few days was woken by a chainsaw and other machinery.

BTW, the 2 level building just below the taller building at top of pic is the new Soi Buakhao beer bar complex opened earlier this year.

Sometimes could here music from the complex but it wasn't a disturbance.

DSCN2037_1024x768.jpg

DSCN2034_1024x768.jpg

DSCN2074_1024x768.jpg

Was told by my lady this tree has some significance to Buddha so should remain there.

DSCN2075_1024x768.jpg

Although was not disturbed by others, sometimes could here the TV in the adjoining room and people in the corridor.

Don't think I would like to stay there when it is full.

They have some very nice looking ladies at reception who were nice enough.

The wifi at Bay Breeze was faster and more reliable than PBR.

I had a problem with the wifi and went to reception to see what they could do.

The lady said, "There are no problems" and didn't give a shit. Bad luck for me.

The few times had problems at Bay Breeze, they did something to try to help me.

Bay Breeze still preferred over PBR.

Better value and felt more comfortable.

I got this back from the PBR;

"We understand the situation and your decision. I would like to take this opportunity to update you regards to Back side construction by Tulip group.

They confirm us the construction for CONDO AND HOTEL will be started by end of next year 2013. The being time, there is only their sale office for selling units.

For others nearby construction and Bar, they are beyond on my confirmation where will be free from any major noise issue.

Any of your final decision, we are most welcome

Warm regards,

Walailuk C."

So it could be years before there is any quiet there. I'll miss the place, and especially the privacy on the back side overlooking the jungle, but I don't need all that noise and dust around me while I'm on holiday.

• Upvote 1

I stayed at PBR the last 3 weeks of July. Moved there from my preferred hotel, Bay Breeze just before their renovations started.

Overall my room at Bay Breeze was larger.

The wifi at Bay Breeze was faster and more reliable than PBR.

I had a problem with the wifi and went to reception to see what they could do.

The lady said, "There are no problems" and didn't give a shit. Bad luck for me.

The few times had problems at Bay Breeze, they did something to try to help me.

Bay Breeze still preferred over PBR.

Better value and felt more comfortable.

What about the pool in Bay Breeze? It lookes very small and I would like to know if during the afternoon is possible to take sun or is completely in the shadow.

many thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Update;

Yesterday I spoke to a Brit in the condo sales office of the developer who will be building behind the PBR (Centara). They're hoping to start the build in July 2013, so it SHOULD be quiet in the back until then. The Condo block will be about the same height as the PBR.

The new wing build in front is well under way, planned to open late 2013. It seems well screened, so disruption in the hotel will be minimised as much as possible, I doubt if it'll cut the noise down much though.

I'm back in May, so I've booked the PBR again. This time I'm in Jomtien, a lovely Condo from Condostreet (a bm here), but apart from the beach and some restaurants there's nothing that interests me in Jomtien and it's a pain going back & forth to Pattaya at night. So, tried Jomtien, it would work to live, but not for a holiday, not for me anyway.

Edited by Big_Brian
  • 1 month later...

Any construction updates for Pattaya Bay Resort? How is the noise? Considering staying there in early February.

Thanks to all.

Prorose

Staying there now and no noise, but they said there may be some after New Years. Will be here until the 7th and update you then.

• 3 weeks later...

Staying there now and no noise, but they said there may be some after New Years. Will be here until the 7th and update you then.

No noise as I was leaving, but there will be construction as some point. When you book, ask about the noise and they will probably give you a discount.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the update BB.Want to book for September so will keep my ear to the ground,so to speak.

Just an update, am there now, in a room at the back. The area behind is still empty, no sign of construcuion yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have also booked late August but although staying in Pattaya for three weeks have only booked 3 nights and will then make up my mind to continue or move. Always plenty of options August September.

Thanks here too Brian, I'm arriving late August so watching the thread to see how things are going.

Booked the Bay Breeze as a back up but prefer PBR.

Edited by july11
  • 3 months later...

If anyone's still interested, there is STILL no sign of building behind it. Just more workers shacks.

Actually "shacks" is probably the wrong word, some of them have satalite dishes! Poverty isn't what it was. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on the noise or construction work? Was looking to book 1 week for the end of January.

I spent a week there in October and loved it. True, my room was in the back because of the construction and sadly there seem to be no room with a nice view anymore but don't spend much time in room and when I do, the view is of a very low priority. Because of that I had a nice price break, saved 500/night over Eastiny place for a slightly smaller but better room. If you want view, you can always go to the rooftop pool. Breakfast and food in general good and fairly priced. My cleaning lady was an absolute gem, the most attention to detail of all my trips and nearly fell over when I tipped her.

• 1 month later...

I am reading reviews on agoda etc. that the construction noise and dust is a problem 8.00am-6.00pm. How bad is it? Should i be looking to stay elsewhere?

Noise was not a problem on the back side.

I stayed at PBR for 7 nights from 29Oct-5Nov 2013. My room was a standard room on the back side (#204) away from the front side construction, so noise was not a problem. On several nights, I noted construction going on until about 9.00pm.

YMMV... on the front side... forget the sun from now on... and the construction begins 8 and runs sometimes till midnight...

On the back side... the construction workers congregate right in front of PBR on the back side making all kinds of racket starting around 7:30am... and their kids make racket all day playing... AND since Centara is using the lot as their dumping ground... heavy trucks go back and forth with obvious racket too...

Note you are paying the recently raised HIGH season rates for this privilage...

DUST is a problem now coming from both sides... Just watch the outside watchers wearing their dusk masks to get a good idea of how bad it is...

I have stayed at PBR since it opened... I'd give it a miss...

btw: look at the damage the construction is causing to the structure... If you look at the concrete by the pool (top floor) near the emergency exit door... you will see it has begun to fracture... other evidence is also through out the building...

Edited by Saddic