Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I got this today;

Dear Mr. Xxxxxx,

Warm greetings from Pattaya Bay Resort, Pattaya!

Thank you for choosing Pattaya Bay Resort for your upcoming stay..

Please be informed that Pattaya Bay Resort will be undergoing construction at our neighbouring site for our new wing. The new wing will be 8 storeys high and housing 170 beautifully designed rooms.

The construction is scheduled to start in the middle of October 2012 and is estimated to be completed by the end of 2013.

During the mentioned period, Pattaya Bay Resort’s premises, facilities and accommodation will remain in full service.

Thank you for your understanding and patience regarding our upcoming construction work. To ensure you have a comfortable stay with us, we will assign your room to be at the back of the building to minimize noise issues. Including 20% Discount for Food and Beverage at our Cherry restaurant.

If no room is available on the back of the building, we will be happy to offer a special discount of 10% for your stay.

Thank you once again for choosing Pattaya Bay Resort and we very much look forward to welcoming you.

Sincerely yours,

Ms. Walailuk Charoensuk

Resident Manager

I'm going to keep my booking for November, but see how it goes once I get there. If this is on the front, it almost has to be the bit of ground down to the motosai stand beside the Soi 15 entrance. Anyone have any more info please?

While on the subject, whatever happened to the previous owner? He said at the time that he was moving on to a new project that we'd hear about this summer, but unless I've missed it, nothing has been forthcoming.

Edited by Big_Brian

Dr Kim and Boem have both gone into the leasing business.I hated to see them go as they were always available if need be and fine folks outside the hotel also.Boem was a doll.

I would have to say the new bldg will have to be between the existing bldg and the street in front.I can't imagine how loud it will be as the separation isn't that much.It's my hotel of choice but I can't imagine staying there during construction as I am not an early riser and they usually get going much earlier than I do.

Dr Kim and Boem have both gone into the leasing business.I hated to see them go as they were always available if need be and fine folks outside the hotel also.Boem was a doll.

I would have to say the new bldg will have to be between the existing bldg and the street in front.I can't imagine how loud it will be as the separation isn't that much.It's my hotel of choice but I can't imagine staying there during construction as I am not an early riser and they usually get going much earlier than I do.

Thanks, what are they leasing?

I got this today;

Dear Mr. Xxxxxx,

Warm greetings from Pattaya Bay Resort, Pattaya!

Thank you for choosing Pattaya Bay Resort for your upcoming stay..

Please be informed that Pattaya Bay Resort will be undergoing construction at our neighbouring site for our new wing. The new wing will be 8 storeys high and housing 170 beautifully designed rooms.

The construction is scheduled to start in the middle of October 2012 and is estimated to be completed by the end of 2013.

During the mentioned period, Pattaya Bay Resort’s premises, facilities and accommodation will remain in full service.

Thank you for your understanding and patience regarding our upcoming construction work. To ensure you have a comfortable stay with us, we will assign your room to be at the back of the building to minimize noise issues. Including 20% Discount for Food and Beverage at our Cherry restaurant.

If no room is available on the back of the building, we will be happy to offer a special discount of 10% for your stay.

Thank you once again for choosing Pattaya Bay Resort and we very much look forward to welcoming you.

Sincerely yours,

Ms. Walailuk Charoensuk

Resident Manager

I'm going to keep my booking for November, but see how it goes once I get there. If this is on the front, it almost has to be the bit of ground down to the motosai stand beside the Soi 15 entrance. Anyone have any more info please?

While on the subject, whatever happened to the previous owner? He said at the time that he was moving on to a new project that we'd hear about this summer, but unless I've missed it, nothing has been forthcoming.

I only stayed there once...the walls are paper thin and could hear the tv's from next door..won't stay there again

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I only stayed there once...the walls are paper thin and could hear the tv's from next door..won't stay there again

This is typical of all topics concerning this place. Someone thinks that this post is worth a red minus point yet over the years many guests have complained about the same things. I will give him a tick beecause I believe that an honest answer should not be penalised.

Maybe those compalints are enough to dissuade them from returning.Good for me.Their occupancy rate is very high and there have been times,outside of holiday periods,when rooms aren't available.I haven't stayed since the new folks took over but it will continue to be my 1st choice until proven otherwise.And I will continue to recommend it.

Maybe those compalints are enough to dissuade them from returning.Good for me.Their occupancy rate is very high and there have been times,outside of holiday periods,when rooms aren't available.I haven't stayed since the new folks took over but it will continue to be my 1st choice until proven otherwise.And I will continue to recommend it.

There you have it. New owners and major construction and "...will continue to be my first choice.." .and " I will continue to recommend it" This precisely the point that I make. I avoid the place as much for its short comings as those that contiue to sell the unsellable. Why recommend a place that you have not stayed in for yonks!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The plot behind the PBR is still empty, although there is some iron and concrete "things" laying around. There's also a large banner from Tulip Group stating there will be a hotel "soon". The plot behind the PBR is rather large. I wonder if it just 1 or maybe 2 hotels/ condos being built there.

There is a "Centera Sales Office" on soi 15 off Buakow as well (the white building in the photo). So I assume the plot behind the Areca is for a Centera hotel/ suite/ condo.

There is no constuction going right now (neither the PBR nor the Centera building site).

Re. PBR: A nice basic hotel, but I checked out after 1 night. The matress is rockhard and pillow to flat, causing me pain in the neck and subsequently a massive headache. I must say all the staff where very polite and although I booked for 3 nights, without me asking for a refund, I was credited 2 nights. It wasn't their fault really, so they could have kept the money.

SAM_0216.JPG

SAM_0217.JPG

SAM_0218.JPG

There you have it indeed.Why would I NOT recommend it if nothing has changed since my last visit?Haven't endured any issues with new mgmt and there is no construction,why not continue to use it?Sell the unsellable?LOL Nothing is "unsellable" here.Not sure what timeframe a yonk is but until I personally see a change or 1 is proven here,I'll continue to recommend & use it.

There you have it. New owners and major construction and "...will continue to be my first choice.." .and " I will continue to recommend it" This precisely the point that I make. I avoid the place as much for its short comings as those that contiue to sell the unsellable. Why recommend a place that you have not stayed in for yonks!

Edited by bigdelta

Oh Crap!!!

They've just started the piledrivers in the back for the "condos" next door... Gonna be hell on the back side for at least 2 years to come...

Combine this with the construction to begin on the front side next month???

Hope you guys like being DP'ed...

Noisy is not a sufficent word... I hear each impact right to the core of the building...

img3234bv.jpg

That changes everything.I need my sleep & what little of my sanity is left.I'll find new digs for the pre-Christmas week.Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by bigdelta
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh Crap!!!

They've just started the piledrivers in the back for the "condos" next door... Gonna be hell on the back side for at least 2 years to come...

Combine this with the construction to begin on the front side next month???

Hope you guys like being DP'ed...

Noisy is not a sufficent word... I hear each impact right to the core of the building...

img3234bv.jpg

Damn, is that the jungle behind the PBR?

Some spineless MORON chips in w/a thumbs down when I say I'll find a new hotel for my visit.I have been a supporter of this hotel since my 1st visit.How fucked up is this thumbs up & down system anyway.

That changes everything.I need my sleep & what little of my sanity is left.I'll find new digs for the pre-Christmas week.Thanks for the heads up.

I guess it was at one time-what a big change huh?

I can't tell from the photos if it's where the trees were immediately behind the PBR (they were there in June!) or if it's on the other side of Soi 15 nearer the Areca Lodge. If it's the first, I'll be looking for a different hotel for November, if it's the second, I'll probably put up with it, so it'd be nice to know.

Perhaps Saddic who took the photo could confirm?

Thanks

Some spineless MORON chips in w/a thumbs down when I say I'll find a new hotel for my visit.I have been a supporter of this hotel since my 1st visit.How fucked up is this thumbs up & down system anyway.

Whilst it wasnt me it might have been the same person that gave Grahamxxx a red one for daring to criticise the place?

only stayed there once...the walls are paper thin and could hear the tv's from next door..won't stay there again

This is typical of all topics concerning this place. Someone thinks that this post is worth a red minus point yet over the years many guests have complained about the same things. I will give him a tick beecause I believe that an honest answer should not be penalised.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the heads up.Maybe he had a worse experience than we thought.If so many thought the hotel was bad,why was the occupacy so high for so long?

Whilst it wasnt me it might have been the same person that gave Grahamxxx a red one for daring to criticise the place?

only stayed there once...the walls are paper thin and could hear the tv's from next door..won't stay there again

Edited by bigdelta

Thanks for the heads up.Maybe he had a worse experience than we thought.If so many thought the hotel was bad,why was the occupacy so high for so long?

I dont klnow the exact answert but I will give it a try.

Reasonable location.

Reasonable prices.

Good guest policy.

Breakfast included.

Monthly rate available.

Pushed mercilessly by Addict members!

We will all put up with a bit of crap all things being equal.Having said that I would also assume that a lot of people didnt go back for a second visit but there is no way of knowing. I did a room inspection a couple of years ago but it had nothing better than I could get elsewhere and stories about the thin walls have been with us for years.

• Upvote 1

I agree with that assessment.I also liked to rooftop pool which of course some complained was too small,which is adjacent to the restaurant.Breakfast for 2 was a nice touch and no need to leave the property.

Now I need a new place for December.Maybe Residence Garden for a week.Only spent 1 night there a while back.

I dont klnow the exact answert but I will give it a try.

Reasonable location.

Reasonable prices.

Good guest policy.

Breakfast included.

Monthly rate available.

Pushed mercilessly by Addict members!

We will all put up with a bit of crap all things being equal.Having said that I would also assume that a lot of people didnt go back for a second visit but there is no way of knowing. I did a room inspection a couple of years ago but it had nothing better than I could get elsewhere and stories about the thin walls have been with us for years.

• Upvote 1