Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no need to go across the dual carriageway for laundry. Just turn left and go past Mr Macs, across the small soi on your left and up to the moto taxi stand. Just on the left there is a small

Stayed there in 2004, never again. There are cheaper and much better hotels which are closer to all the action.

I stay there about 10 weeks a year it's a nice comfortable clean and hassle free hotel I was last there 10 days ago. Who cares or is interested in what was there 10 years ago.Only someone who has to h

Posted Images

I don't see an ad for the Residence Garden. Does that mean no more FLB discount?

The ads rotate thru various items. Every time you refresh or change your page contents, a new ad appears. Sometimes the ad is for RG

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

What is the "complimentary airport transfer to Bangkok airport " like?

Decent private car or other?

cheers

Decent private car, I believe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think, but not 100% sure, that the car is owned by the RG and driven by an employee. That is the impression I got anyway.

so a two or three passenger trip w luggage to swampy @ my leisure should be in the cards then?

Never had the "complimentary airport transfer to Bangkok airport" but i have used the RG airport pick up service several times now and it has always been great. The car has always been clean, well maintained and the driver works for the RG so there is no problems finding the hotel when getting into town. I have arranged it for solo trips and right up to and including 4 people with baggage. Let them know how many will be travelling so they will know what size of car / van to send.

Thanks all. I came here to look for the ad and waited while reading the forum yesterday, but never saw the RG advertisement Today, it was running as soon as I opened the page. Maybe random luck. See everyone over the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked a couple of weeks at the Residence Garden (RG) at the end fo the year. Even with the peak season surcharge, it's a decent rate for that period. Haven't stayed at the RG for around five years so would appreciate an update on what is near the hotel. With the widening of the road and new condo blocks the area is almost unrecognizable from its former years.

Previously an Internet cafe was located just left of the RG as you left the main building. That still there? If not, what other alternatives are there for computer use? (Couldn't be arsed bringing my own lap top)

A couple of cheap laundry shops that got your clothes back the same day were across the road, they still about?

Any decent restaurants or bars nearby? Sorry never really rated Captain's Corner.

And what about Jade's? Heard it declined. Any updates?

:chogdee

I stayed there last Xmas/new year and have booked it again this year.

Spent most of my time in Jomtien or Pattaya, baht bus so easy going either way i didn't spend much time in the local area.

Old photoguide shows you the internet shop etc http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?sMsRUDqnkcAD

One laundry over the road just up from the 7 - 11 but not the cheapest laundry about.

Road is done, but they've been doing some kind of work in front this past week. I am not sure how long it's going to take but it looked like a bit of a mess. Perhaps someone knows more. I'm in Chanthaburi at the moment, so I can't provide a photo.

Previously an Internet cafe was located just left of the RG as you left the main building. That still there? If not, what other alternatives are there for computer use? (Couldn't be arsed bringing my own lap top)

A couple of cheap laundry shops that got your clothes back the same day were across the road, they still about?

Any decent restaurants or bars nearby? Sorry never really rated Captain's Corner.

And what about Jade's? Heard it declined. Any updates?

:chogdee

I was there August and will be back in 18 days. I don't recall any internet cafes anywhere nearby. And I have walked all the way up to Foodland but I will keep an open eye.

Laundry is across the street and to the left about 2 storefronts, has a flight of concrete stairs to an open patio window. Next day not same day but it is so cheap I am tempted to bring all my clothes from home. There is another right across and a lousy massage (proper massage) opened in August. I stick with the lady across and left for laundry but I don't know the other price.

Food wise other than Sugar Hut where we go once a trip, not much of any memory and just that Mexican place (Mikes?) on Thappraya Soi 5. There is a super cheap (at least posted adverts) right across, never tried there (Altos I think).

I went to Jade House once with TTK and it was OK but that was April 2011. Older ladies, cheaper drinks and boffing in little cabins with lots of room and clean. We did the BBQ day thing, I am not sure that is really worth waiting. It is close though, as is Rose Apple massage at the Foodland mall if you want a quickie.

I was there August and will be back in 18 days. I don't recall any internet cafes anywhere nearby. And I have walked all the way up to Foodland but I will keep an open eye.

Many years back I used one attached to the adjacent Mr Macs Hotel, managed by a fat effeminate guy who was a bit of a dick.

Laundry is across the street and to the left about 2 storefronts, has a flight of concrete stairs to an open patio window. Next day not same day but it is so cheap I am tempted to bring all my clothes from home. There is another right across and a lousy massage (proper massage) opened in August. I stick with the lady across and left for laundry but I don't know the other price.

Food wise other than Sugar Hut where we go once a trip, not much of any memory and just that Mexican place (Mikes?) on Thappraya Soi 5. There is a super cheap (at least posted adverts) right across, never tried there (Altos I think).

I went to Jade House once with TTK and it was OK but that was April 2011. Older ladies, cheaper drinks and boffing in little cabins with lots of room and clean. We did the BBQ day thing, I am not sure that is really worth waiting. It is close though, as is Rose Apple massage at the Foodland mall if you want a quickie.

There is no need to go across the dual carriageway for laundry. Just turn left and go past Mr Macs, across the small soi on your left and up to the moto taxi stand. Just on the left there is a small glass fronted place which is a laundry. All the times I've used it, there has been a Thai fighting dog there on a chain.This laundry is excellent, 24 hour service, and very reasonable, price wise, plus gives you an itemised bill. Nice people there, who have never let me down. :thumbup

• Upvote 3

The lady across the street is nice, does OK, and so far I have not been trod upon or grazed by a horse or carriage or a dual set of either so I don't mind it and I really don't need an itemized bill for $3 or $4 anyway.

Edited by Grandpollo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1