Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

New Pattayatalk server issues - put them here

Ok, I know of 1 for sure, and one potential...

For sure, ads and banners are not working (yet)

Potentially, there is an IO bandwidth problem that might lead to slower response time...am working on that.

Any more, let me know in this thread.

Ok, the banner ads are back...not that you guys are that thrilled, I'm sure.

I'd think there would be other issues cropping up. Let's hear them.

I'm finding I have to "double-post" everything now. I'll create a post (sometimes involving a quote, but not always), try to 'Post' it, and the process will hang with a stopped white-squares-on-green progress animation at the top. Neither the PC nor the browser nor even the webpage freezes. I have to Copy my posting to the clipboard, refresh the page, and then Paste to the Reply box and 'Post' again. The second time it always works.

At first I thought this only involved posts in which I was including a quote; but have discovered that's not the case. 'Happens regardless. Then I thought it was due to my use of VPN even though it was working fine up until the server changeover (possibly MTU-related), but that turns out to not to be the case. It happens whether the VPN is connected or not (and it's an SSL-VPN; no VPN software in use or installed). I haven't tried other browsers (besides IE9) yet, but I'll try Firefox.

Martin indicates this isn't happening to him. Anybody else? I haven't really changed anything on my system since P-T went to the new server.

Ive seen something like this. I usually have to login in another window, and then try and repost. So it looks like authentication timeout, maybe cookie related?, which seems to happen irritatingly often the way I read the forum, which is view new posts, open the ones I want to read in new tabs, then read them.

Ive seen something like this. I usually have to login in another window, and then try and repost. So it looks like authentication timeout, maybe cookie related?, which seems to happen irritatingly often the way I read the forum, which is view new posts, open the ones I want to read in new tabs, then read them.

I've suggested to tomcat that he see if removing the pattayatalk cookies might help. I haven't heard back on the results yet.

'Have now tried that. It didn't help. (Only found one P-T cookie.)

EDIT: Correction to my OP:

The progress bar animation doesn't stop. The white squares just keep going & going but my attempt to post just hangs up. 'Have to refresh the page and then post again. Always succeeds the 2nd time without any delay.

Edited by tomcat76

'Have now tried that. It didn't help. (Only found one P-T cookie.)

EDIT: Correction to my OP:

The progress bar animation doesn't stop. The white squares just keep going & going but my attempt to post just hangs up. 'Have to refresh the page and then post again. Always succeeds the 2nd time without any delay.

Are you posting from an Iphone 5, by any chance? :P,

Seriously, anyone else having this problem consistently?

I don't see it, either on my phone, my laptop at home, or the laptop in the bar...and I am MUCH further away from the server than you are.

tomcat...any chance of you trying this on a different network connection? Like a WIFI at Starbuck's or something?

To clarify a little, I've been seeing this for much longer than the current new server. Symtoms are exactly as tomcat76 describes.

My solution is to refresh another tab/page, which then requires reauthentication. After reauthentication, back then posting again on the original page works.

My environment is Firefox current with many exhanched security addons, to which I attributed my issues, and as such wasn't going to hassle you MM. I only though it worth saying something because it may have a more general debugging use in this case.

I was in a gogo tonight with only a slow GPRS/Edge connection, and I managed to reply to a post with a quoted section.

It took a while to appear, but it did work.

So that should rule out the network connection issue, since my connection was closer to dial-up than broadband.

Stumped!

P.S. the gogo was devoid of cute girls.

From mobile device.

I've never had to re-enter my login credentials - only refresh the page. But I think it might be session related. Too much time passes and the http server/daemon closes the connection - or suspends it - or something. Login is at the app layer while this timeout I'm hypothesizing is at the session layer. Maybe even happening on a router or some other infrastructure device in the server farm. Too many inactive connections maybe tie up resources, so there's a server or infra setting that's closing them. I don't know. 'Not a showstopper for me. 'Just thought I'd mention it. I do know it wasn't happening to me before the server changeover. Am presently using Chrome - 'hasn't happened again yet.

'Haven't had any opportunity to try a different network connection yet (although I think that's pretty much what the VPN is, and that doesn't seem to make any difference). I HAVE been working with Chrome on my desktop PC, and IE9 on a laptop. Chrome doesn't seem to be exhibiting the problem, while the IE9 laptop continues to.

• 5 months later...

New just now...

I suddenly am unable to use the 'read last unread message in thread' functionality. Whenever I click on the dot or star next to the topic title, I just get a list of warnings. I CAN open the thread by clicking on the title. 'Happens with both Chrome and the Android default browser. 'Have tried re-initializing the browser. Have tried several different threads.

Android ICS (4.1.1)

Screenshot_2013-03-18-23-27-31.jpg

Edited by tomcat76

New just now...I suddenly am unable to use the 'read last unread message in thread' functionality. Whenever I click on the dot or star next to the topic title, I just get a list of warnings. I CAN open the thread by clicking on the title. 'Happens with both Chrome and the Android default browser. 'Have tried re-initializing the browser. Have tried several different threads.Android ICS (4.1.1)attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-03-18-23-27-31.jpg

I have been getting this also.

It was during a software upgrade that Invision was doing. They should have turned off the board until they finished, but for some reason, they kept it active so people, including me, were getting horrible error messages.

It might be a few days before I can get all the glitches out of this new upgrade too.

• Upvote 1

I got that same jibberish that tomcat got and at that point,could not even post a reply.But that has changed.MM,thanks for keeping on top of this-I appreciate it.

I just saw this moments ago: Microsoft to push Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to users starting March 19

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-to-push-windows-7-service-pack-1-to-users-starting-march-19-7000012769/?s_cid=e589

I got that same jibberish that tomcat got and at that point,could not even post a reply.But that has changed.MM,thanks for keeping on top of this-I appreciate it.I just saw this moments ago: Microsoft to push Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to users starting March 19http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-to-push-windows-7-service-pack-1-to-users-starting-march-19-7000012769/?s_cid=e589

I'm testing the quote function here.

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 54 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1457

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 31 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1457

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 54 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1539

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 31 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1539

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 54 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1457

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 31 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1457

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 54 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1539

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: range out of order in character class at offset 31 in /home/ptalk/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/text/parser/bbcode.php on line 1539