Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Filipina GF living in Pattaya?

I've done the reverse, Thai wife in AC. If the GF is Filipina/Malay extraction, she is going to be frustrated with everyone assuming she speaks Thai.

I have a friend whose GF has lived here nearly two years. She is on an ED visa and speaks and writes some thai. She loves it here, has a group of filipina friends and has no wish to go back to Phils.

"she is going to be frustrated with everyone assuming she speaks Thai. "

this girl has no problem as her thai is quite good.

I brought a filipina gf here for a month and, yes she did get tired of it. I had to teach her how to say "I dont speak thai" to save problems. She also loved it here and is coming back for a couple of months early next year.

As a side issue, if you are planning to do this yourself, fly back thru manila, not clark, as immigration there can give the girls a hard time.

We went a few weeks back, had no problems at Clark but I have heard nite mares. When we were there everyone tried to speak Thai to her, she laughed and said Philippino, no Thai.

Edited by fordtech

I've done the reverse, Thai wife in AC. If the GF is Filipina/Malay extraction, she is going to be frustrated with everyone assuming she speaks Thai.

It's funny as my wife is Thai and some Thai ladies ask her in English if she can speak Thai :)

I had a Pinay g/f for nearly a year in '08-'09.We enjoyed our time together but after 10 months or so,the conversation turned to the inevitable,"where is this relationship headed" topic.We cared deeply for one another but she wanted a family and that was the last thing I wanted to start at 58 y.o. So things went downhill from there and she left.She had supported herself teaching prior to us meeting and continued to work when we were together.

Funny that it was mentioned that Pinays look so similar to Thais and very often,she was greeted inThai.We eventually both got tshirts that read "I'm not Thai" inThai.

Edited by bigdelta

That's amazing.I've never heard a word of spanish in all my time there.Except when I order Mexican food.

My Thai wife gets spoken to in Spanish at least once a week. I guess Americans think that all dark skinned people are Mexican.

My Thai wife gets spoken to in Spanish at least once a week. I guess Americans think that all dark skinned people are Mexican.

Yes, periodically, I'll run into people from one of the Spanish speaking American countries and I'll converse with them a bit. In Chiang Mai coming down from the mountain temple, I spoke with a couple from South America who were very surprised to be able to speak in their native tongue here in Asia. In Japan, I met a young Japanese lady who had spent a year in Central America in the Education Abroad Program and since my Spanish language skills are much better than my Japanese, we spoke Spanish for the next few days :)

In relation to the OP, his GF will encounter people who make assumptions and stereotypes, but that's part of the international traveling experience - good and bad. Hopefully, she takes it as a learning experience and enjoys the diversity of an international city.

P.S. Part of my original plan was to bring a girl from the Philippines to live with me in LOS, but with the limited 30 day Visa and the abundance of ladies in Thailand, my plans changed, but sometimes the idea resurfaces :)

Edited by losgrad
  • Upvote 2