Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Center Condo, South Pattaya

Hi. I live in Center Condo.

I didn't know this website.

Sell prices seems to be about what I read/hear/know from elsewhere

but rent prices seem way over average prices here.

By exemple 19,000 ฿ for a standard 51 sqm when you find many around 14-15,000...

"but rent prices seem way over average prices here."

typical for agents I would imagine, gotta take their commission !!

• 4 weeks later...

I used to live on the 4th floor in Center Condo and enjoyed my 9 month stay there. They actually had a GoGo bar on the ground floor at one time, I think it was called the Blue Lagoon, and they added the pool while I lived there. I rented a 51 sq m unit for 14,000 which included electric, water, and cable, but it was a few years ago.

Hi. I live in Center Condo.

I didn't know this website.

Sell prices seems to be about what I read/hear/know from elsewhere

but rent prices seem way over average prices here.

By exemple 19,000 ฿ for a standard 51 sqm when you find many around 14-15,000...

Hello Idefix,

I was thinking of looking at this place as I noticed an add in the paper that showed rates from 9000 - 15000.

Which side of the building is the quietest? I am not to fussed about the view but more about noise levels.

And what about the walls? Are they flimsy thin or do they give a decent noise barrier between you and your neighbours?

Any Wi-Fi included or do you have to get your own?

C.

> Hello Idefix,

Hi,

> rates from 9000 - 15000.

Depends of floor, location/view, size.

Most are ~50 sqm, but you have smaller one (36?) on M-floor, bigger ones (63 or 81 sqm) in corners, and even double or tripple units...

> Which side of the building is the quietest?

The ones facing the sea may be more noisy because of the wat and/or the school.

The ones facing the car park are said to be quieter, but get strong sun in the afternoon.

The condo has a L-shape. Look at maps.google.com

> And what about the walls?

> Are they flimsy thin or do they give a decent noise barrier between you and your neighbours?

For that it's very good. Not today cheap construction. Too good even, as I made small renovation this year and it was very hard to cut a part of the inside wall... ;)

> Any Wi-Fi included or do you have to get your own?

There is a WiFi offer available at the condo office, but don't use it.

A last point. The condo is 20 years old now, so most renter made renovations already, several times for some rooms, but not all! You have some very nice appartments and some ugly old ones. So visit before paying!

I've heard there can be some unpleasant odors in the sea-facing units because of cremations at the Wat.

I've heard many ridiculous stories about this small crematorium, but it's the first time I hear about "odors" ;) . Seriously, I live "over" this crematorium for more than 4 years and I have never notice any odors coming from it. B)

I several times heard about "the black smock of the crematorium who enter everywhere and all the time in the appartments of the condo" :rolleyes: . The reality is that it's a small modern crematorium; the smoke is so "clean" and fine that most of time you can barely see it, and there is always some kind of wind or stream of air arround the condo to dissipate it very quickly. And it's not as some said the city's crematorium. It's only used for special occasions a few times a month.

The only true thing about this place - according to many BG seeing it from my room - is that their must be many ghosts of Thai people in the condo :nod

• 9 months later...

"but rent prices seem way over average prices here."

typical for agents I would imagine, gotta take their commission !!

The website link is from an owner investor (not an agency) he is price gouging the farang, his name is Steve and owns many condos in this building for a long time (when I was here on holiday in 2005 I rented one of his rooms for 3 weeks and he complained we were using too much electricity and wanted an additional 4 or 500 baht from us). He buys units that need updating, cleans them up with paint and new furniture, updates the kitchen and bath rooms puts in a large flat screen TV and mainly rents to short term holiday customers at 50% over the market rate. I found a nice updated large studio for 9000 a month directly from building management office (but if you have any problems you have to deal with the Thai management, there are 2 ladies working in the office, one is a nice lady and the other is a surly ill tempered racist bitch that automatically hates you if you are farang)...There are some other studios available in the 9-10,000 range posted outside the building, but most of these have old worn out furniture/beds and have not been updated since 1990 when the building was constructed. The elevators are updated and the pool is functional but still needs more repairs. The cable TV is ok (but does not include the Ci or Bio channel which is standard at most condos with Sophon Cable) it has some premium channels like Star Movies/Sports, Cinemax and Fox Sports, but often times these channels don't work and are scrambled for some reason (I think they are being pirated from some Vietnam satellite TV company). Anyway, if you don't want to drive around Pattaya on a motorbike or car and want to walk most everywhere, the Center Condo location is the best and it is quiet, so far touch wood, I have only been in here 2 weeks.

Edited by Rainmon

I was looking up their website last week , to rent by the day. But they seem to charge a 10k deposit. No way am I paying a 10k deposit for a few days stay.

I had also looked up Mosaic Apts, but they don't rent by the day. Unless anyone knows different.

I was looking up their website last week , to rent by the day. But they seem to charge a 10k deposit. No way am I paying a 10k deposit for a few days stay.

I had also looked up Mosaic Apts, but they don't rent by the day. Unless anyone knows different.

Mosaic will rent by the day just send an e-mail to them @ info@mosaikpattaya.net

I have been staying there for 2 - 4 weeks at a time 3 or 4 times a year for the last 4 years, and have had some

friends book for a few nights no problem. Drop them a line and ask, they have always been very quick to answer

my e-mails.

I will be starting a 4 week stay there next Friday Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mosaic will rent by the day just send an e-mail to them @ info@mosaikpattaya.net

I have been staying there for 2 - 4 weeks at a time 3 or 4 times a year for the last 4 years, and have had some

friends book for a few nights no problem. Drop them a line and ask, they have always been very quick to answer

my e-mails.

I will be starting a 4 week stay there next Friday Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeee

This looks like a good place and the rooms look good and big. The one bedroom unit at 23500 would suit me. Can someone tell me what its going to cost to get some house keeping and what the approx. price for utilities are say for a month?

Also, is there anywhere handy for swimming that you can buy on a daily basis?

Thanks

Edited by teelack