Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Starbucks's Good coffee for 100 Baht

I'm a regular customer back home. I like a good cup of coffee in the morning and Starbuck's in Pattaya floats my coffee boat. A large coffee cost 100 Baht it's more expensive then home. Starbuck's opens at 9AM at their Central Festival Mall.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starbuck's didn't put the local coffee shop out of business. Their customer's put them out of business. Starbuck's offered and continues to offer an excellent product and they charge a premium price f

When I want a cup of coffee, I just want a regular cup of coffee. I don't need 2 dozen different brews and the bottom line is that I absolutely refuse to pay 100 baht for any cup of coffee. Trendy shi

Starbucks is dishwater the world over

Posted Images

Oddly during my last trip, their price for tea was the same regardless of how large the size was. 75 baht iirc.

Not a big fan of Starbucks, I'd rather support my local, independant coffee shop.

Why is it though in every Starbucks the world over that the girls who work there are attractive but the blokes all poofters?.

Enquiring minds need to know.

cheers

Butch

I had a coffee at the Starbucks on beach road once a couple of years ago. The coffee was good. I like expresso preferably a double.

They asked me if i wanted it take away or in house. As I wanted to cool of inside and relax for a bit I replied in house please.

But, I will never go back. Why? I got a paper cup! To me that is not acceptable in a place that has seating for their patrons. (excluding shopping malls)

What happened to saving the planet a little bit, not to mention the difference in enjoyment when having a coffee. They serve decent quality coffee so they should serve it in a decent way.

Surely one would not like to get a gourmet meal served on a paper plate.

It looked like they had enough staff to load/unload a dishwasher several times a day.

Maybe it's just me.

C.

• Upvote 1

I had a coffee at the Starbucks on beach road once a couple of years ago. The coffee was good. I like expresso preferably a double.

They asked me if i wanted it take away or in house. As I wanted to cool of inside and relax for a bit I replied in house please.

But, I will never go back. Why? I got a paper cup! To me that is not acceptable in a place that has seating for their patrons. (excluding shopping malls)

What happened to saving the planet a little bit, not to mention the difference in enjoyment when having a coffee. They serve decent quality coffee so they should serve it in a decent way.

Surely one would not like to get a gourmet meal served on a paper plate.

It looked like they had enough staff to load/unload a dishwasher several times a day.

Maybe it's just me.

C.

I agree with you completely.

I remember when Starbucks used to use ceramic mugs for their in store customers. They changed to paper cups many years ago.

Estimates are that Starbucks alone uses between 2 and 4 billion (different estimates) paper cups a year.

I never patronize them here in Thailand. There are much better, and cheaper, alternatives.

I remember when Starbucks used to use ceramic mugs for their in store customers. They changed to paper cups many years ago.

Estimates are that Starbucks alone uses between 2 and 4 billion (different estimates) paper cups a year.

I never patronize them here in Thailand. There are much better, and cheaper, alternatives.

They offer ceramic mugs for in house customer's. I'm open to suggestions for alternative coffee joints.

Please name a few. I really don't care for Starbucks but I can't seem to find anything better. I also need some place that sells good ground coffee for a French Press.

Please name a few. I really don't care for Starbucks but I can't seem to find anything better. I also need some place that sells good ground coffee for a French Press.

Starbucks makes dozens of coffees

if you cant find a decent one you need to upgrade your maker

try an http://www.aeropress.com/. as they are a big step up from a french press,

• Upvote 1

I'll put in a call to Chippendales for you. :bhappy

aOddly during my last trip, their price for tea was the same regardless of how large the size was. 75 baht iirc.

Not a big fan of Starbucks, I'd rather support my local, independant coffee shop.

Why is it though in every Starbucks the world over that the girls who work there are attractive but the blokes all poofters?.

Enquiring minds need to know.

cheers

Butch

Edited by bigdelta

They need to change the name from Starbucks to Fivebucks........Price is just stupid!

I agree the price of a good cup of coffee is way over the top.

They offer ceramic mugs for in house customer's. I'm open to suggestions for alternative coffee joints.

Well, for example, FLB has coffee, cappuccino, lattes, and espresso for less than Starbucks. :P

Also, Bon Cafe and Black Canyon are good.

Aside from the majors, there are many small coffee shops where you can get a decent espresso or whatever all around town.

I agree the price of a good cup of coffee is way over the top.

I think the consensus on this thread is that Starbucks don’t do good coffee, therefore price is irrelevant.

Edited by Montydog

I think the consensus on this thread is that Starbucks don’t do good coffee, therefore price is irrelevant.

If they don't do good coffee. Why do they sell so much coffee to so many people everyday? I know they sell good coffee or I wouldn't buy it. Starbuck's at Central Festival has a steady stream of customer's.

If they don't do good coffee. Why do they sell so much coffee to so many people everyday? I know they sell good coffee or I wouldn't buy it. Starbuck's at Central Festival has a steady stream of customer's.

In the Seattle area, where I'm at now, Starbucks is the local coffee company.

As to D's question, in the U.S., I suspect it is being first, at least as a franchise operation, marketing, which is closely related, and atmosphere.

Last trip (November), saw a couple of katoeys working at Starbucks in Pattaya.

Starbucks makes dozens of coffees

if you cant find a decent one you need to upgrade your maker

try an http://www.aeropress.com/. as they are a big step up from a french press,

I think Starbucks espresso beans are OK (but overpriced, especially in Pattaya) but I have a good Roastery close to my house and have gotten spoiled on fresh roasted beans.

Not sure I would want to lug one of those over in my already over packed bag. I do have a Starbucks travel Press so I can fall out of bed and have something other than that instant crap they call coffee.

StarbucksPress.jpg

Edited by wetwillie

"Please name a few. I really don't care for Starbucks but I can't seem to find anything better. I also need some place that sells good ground coffee for a French Press."

The Benjamit coffee shop, in the area where the soi buakaow market is located sells coffee ground on the premises. Their coffee is xcellent and the service is good. not open on saturdays. 50 baht for a latte, or cappucino

Another good coffee is at Cafe Pittini on soa boakaow near sois 19-21 its on the beach side of the road.

I don't mind Starbucks coffee (although far from my favorite) and I do like siting on the rooftop of Starbucks on Beach road but... I just think Starbucks is so over priced and so try to avoid it unless I am in serious need. There are places all over that serve real coffee at pretty much the same standard for about 20-40baht. Plus it's I think its nicer to support and so help maintain these smaller independent places.