Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Sandy Springs refurbished rooms

Guest Fatboyfat

I have some friends looking to stay here on my recommendation from the past (I haven't stayed there myself for a while now).

Are these refurbished "deluxe seaview" rooms worth going for. EG have they added a decent armchair etc, or is the extra 300 baht not worth it. Any photos/clips or directions to such would be greatly appreciated. :help :chogdee

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what I can make out from a few "trip advisor" reports is that the bathroom is still the same and the only real differences are that there is no carpets, and an in-room safe is fitted. So all-in-all it would appear that you pay an extra 300 Baht per night for a safe! I don't put too much store in trip advisor though. :soapbox:

Thanks Spike. I've been trying to find those pix for over a year now! :thumbup The Sea view from all of their Deluxe Seaview rooms is excellent, but you have to think that it is only a matter of time before another monstrous carbuncle goes up in that space. :cry2

Thanks for the pictures; it is a shame they don't update their bathrooms and put in shower stalls, etc.

What floors are the New Deluxe Rooms on?

Edited by satyr

Minibar fridges are the same old. They make ALOT of noise. I used to pull the plug out when I went to sleep

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the pictures; it is a shame they don't update their bathrooms and put in shower stalls, etc.

What floors are the New Deluxe Rooms on?

6th floor only. I actually prefer the combined bath/shower when the bathrooms are that compact.

When I stayed in a deluxe sea view room a few years ago it had a three-quarters size fridge (larger than the mini, and very quiet).

I mention this because I too dislike those really loud mini-fridges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Any recent reviews? Have they finished renovating inside or should one expect some noise if staying there? Thanks!

I stayed there last night having been a customer on and off for many years.

The refurbished rooms was ok but nothing special. New carpet and bedside lights was what I noticed.

There was no sign of the previously pleasant hotel staff. Today the reception desk was manned by the most arrogant and unpleasant person ever witnessed in a Thai hotel.

No noise but never again.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

Edited by Severn

Spike,

I didn't take a note of females name however i was accused of being late checking out although i was on time and the reception clock was wrong. When i asked if there would be any rooms available next week i was told the never be rooms available for me.

Not a pleasant experience nor a demonstration of customer relations.

Edited by Severn
  • Upvote 1

From what I can make out from a few "trip advisor" reports is that the bathroom is still the same and the only real differences are that there is no carpets, and an in-room safe is fitted. So all-in-all it would appear that you pay an extra 300 Baht per night for a safe! I don't put too much store in trip advisor though. :soapbox:

No bum gun or safe in room yesterday. New carpet and new bed side lamps.

Edited by Severn

Spike,

I didn't take a note of females name however i was accused of being late checking out although i was on time and the reception clock was wrong. When i asked if there would be any rooms available next week i was told the never be rooms available for me.

Not a pleasant experience nor a demonstration of customer relations.

In December...I noticed the incorrect time on the clock at the reception desk too. It runs approx. 10 minutes fast.

Do you have the room number Severn?. I have a friend shortly due to stay there and both safe (him) and douche ( his mia noi) were important facilities.

Do you have the room number Severn?. I have a friend shortly due to stay there and both safe (him) and douche ( his mia noi) were important facilities.

I suggested your friend send an e-mail to the hotel directly requesting confirmation of his required facilities.

With this to hand he may have more success with reception than I. Can I assume that your friend will be too preoccupied so as to not need the provision of internet.

I suggest that your friend send an e-mail to the hotel directly requesting confirmation of his required facilities.

With this to hand he may have more success with reception than I. Can I assume that your friend will be too preoccupied so as to not need the provision of internet.

• 2 months later...

Two years since my last stay. Do they still offer the "preferred customer loyalty membership" or whatever they called it? I've found Sandy to be the best location, nice pool, and view for the money, but am always open to options. Bring it on!

OBLA DEE BROS

Desmond, you and Molly could try the Ma Maison, just down the soi a little. They have different grade rooms, but they do have a pool. I like soi 13 and have stayed at ma Maison more than Sandy spring.

• Upvote 1

Desmond, you and Molly could try the Ma Maison, just down the soi a little. They have different grade rooms, but they do have a pool. I like soi 13 and have stayed at ma Maison more than Sandy spring.

Excellent food at the Ma Maison. You don't hear too much about the restaurant but they have a great menu and a big wine list. I like the place.

• Upvote 1

Thanks man, they have a balcony with a seaview though?

• 4 weeks later...