Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Boat Bakery - Beef noodle soup

On my last trip a mate advised me this option... and it became like a cult, me and the mates who comes with me on my spa days - if any - following the sauna we go on a pilgrimage for the " beef soup "... until the hot months comes... ( no air con in the restaurant )

A strange experience... the broth tastes like a classic european bouillon with thick taste, I think in it was cooked many many things... but it is good... and served like a thai noodle soup... the plenty of the soft and tender beef meat, some thai broccoli and the thick broth... originally it is not spicy at all, but a little bit sweet like the european bouillon ( because of the carrot... but no sign of the carrots in the bowl ) so a little bit of dried chilly powder is due to add to get the thai noodle soup experience...

A great experience for 52 baht ( in may it was only 45 ) ... on my movie days enough for a day food adding the few chocolates and soda pops I enjoy in the movie....

P1000502.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes be nice to know where this place is G, seems nice food at a good price. :thumbup

It's on 2nd Road, on the right hand side if you are walking from Pattaya Tai towards Pattaya Klang and just about opposite Pattayaland.

Hi,

I like your photo Gabor, but not sure I can eat that with chopsticks :unsure: .Looks like I would need a fork and a knife, like in farangland :o ??

Some Thai girls like to go eat here, but I am really not a fan of Boat Bakery... Ok it's cheap, but I several times found it was not good. Last time was about 1 month ago when a friend took me there. My vegetables were swimming in oil and the whole plat had a very bad taste of burnt. Not burnt food, but as if cooked in a pan with some burnt food inside, or a not cleaned pan. I barely touched it... :(

Hi,

I like your photo Gabor, but not sure I can eat that with chopsticks :unsure: .Looks like I would need a fork and a knife, like in farangland :o ??

Some Thai girls like to go eat here, but I am really not a fan of Boat Bakery... Ok it's cheap, but I several times found it was not good. Last time was about 1 month ago when a friend took me there. My vegetables were swimming in oil and the whole plat had a very bad taste of burnt. Not burnt food, but as if cooked in a pan with some burnt food inside, or a not cleaned pan. I barely touched it... :(

If I could eat it with chopsticks and spoon, i'm sure you can too... :thumbup I can't refer about the other foods, as we go there especially for the beef soup... A months ago a friend ordered a Tom Yam Moo which was poor in ingredients, almost only the broth ... and Boat noodle which looked like a messed up Pad Thai...

OK, some more honest words... the unfriendliest waiters maybe in the whole city... twice the noodle was missed, we had to ask it separately....

But the beef soup worth the hassle... at least for us....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I read the title ... it was your comment that it "was served like a Thai noodle soup" that I found confusing. How did you expect it to be served? :clueless

...the broth tastes like a classic european bouillon with thick taste, I think in it was cooked many many things... but it is good... and served like a thai noodle soup...

• Downvote 1

...the broth tastes like a classic european bouillon with thick taste, I think in it was cooked many many things... but it is good... and served like a thai noodle soup...

With the noodles missing sometimes!

... twice the noodle was missed,

But the beef soup worth the hassle... at least for us....

Now it's beef soup! :D Edited by jacko
  • 7 months later...

Haven't eaten there for a few years,but haven't been to Thailand recently either!

I started eating there on my first trip 2003 and whilst not everything on the menu is great there are some excellent items my all time favourite is the chicken and ginger.

Can't agree with the service.As I always am well looked after.Some of the service guys have worked there 15+ years.

Its equally popular with Thais which is unusual,

• Upvote 1
  • 3 years later...

I thought I'd make my way early to Central a couple of days ago.......I'd been promising myself a breakfast at Boat Bakery and so aimed to get there for about 10am...and go along to Central around 11.

Parked, walked up to Boat Bakery.........Closed....... and only a shell left. I asked a Thai guy what was going on? He said, "They go Chang mai."

I thought OK, it needs tarting up a bit......They are taking a holiday while the renovations are being done.

"When will they be coming back?"

"They go..... not come back."

So...........RIP Boat bakery.

Shame.

Edited by atlas2

I thought I'd make my way early to Central a couple of days ago.......I'd been promising myself a breakfast at Boat Bakery and so aimed to get there for about 10am...and go along to Central around 11.

Parked, walked up to Boat Bakery.........Closed....... and only a shell left. I asked a Thai guy what was going on? He said, "They go Chang mai."

I thought OK, it needs tarting up a bit......They are taking a holiday while the renovations are being done.

"When will they be coming back?"

"They go..... not come back."

So...........RIP Boat bakery.

Shame.

Restaurants have a limited life span here, 10 minutes up a very rough dirt track Rd in Rumpho (not Jomtiem one) to find a place we used to use had closed recently.

Restaurants have a limited life span here, 10 minutes up a very rough dirt track Rd in Rumpho (not Jomtiem one) to find a place we used to use had closed recently.

It's not just limited to Pattaya..... there;s a couple of restaurants that were near my house up north that only had short life spans, despite doing great food and always being busy.... Luckily new ones have opened, so I've still got plenty of options!!!

Edited by TheFiend
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad to see it go. It was always a great place for a basic breakfast w/coffee at a low price. I guess they did not make enough baht.

I'll have to find a new go-to place. An excuse for trying some more places!

Zeus