Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Within easy walking distance (2.0 KM or about 25 minutes ) of US Embassy and perhaps close enough to Nana Plaza as a secondary consideration. Budget is up to 2200 baht but could go up a bit if there was a special reason. I need to be at the Embassy for an 8:30 AM appointment and afterwards plan to take skytrain (for the experience) out to Suvanaboumi for Bell Bus back to Pattaya.

You can increase your options if you consider hotels close to the Sukhumvit skytrain line and take it to get fairly close (20 minutes walking distance?) of the embassy.

Edited by nkped

Hi,

I stayed at the Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit in August as I had some business at the Brit Embassy on Wireless Road. It cost 2,100 Baht per night (incl of tax and service) through Latestays (it is the Mystery 4 Star Hotel on Ploenchit). 10-12 minutes walk to either the US or UK embassies and directly adjacent to Ploenchit skytrain station. 10 minutes in the other direction to Nana. Only downside was that the rate didn't include internet although there were a couple of free Macs in the lobby for guests' use.

A = Hotel, B = Nana, C = US Embassy

Edited by CheshireTom

Ok, thanks guys for your help. Right, next time I"ll not worry about close to Embassy, just near BTS is all. I'm using the rail link out to the airport just for the experience, I may end up using regular bus from Ekami instead of going to airport.

used www.bkkguestfriendlyhotels.com/LegacyExpress/index.htm to book the Legacy Express for a little over 1300 baht with breakfast. Is at 29 Sukhumvit and has good reviews, should be able to get my 'income verification' letter done and get back for breakfast before checking out.

Whatever you do, remember that "Wireless Road" is called something else in Thai. One time I was trying to take a cab to Wireless Road and the taxi driver had never heard of it. I finally git there, though, in another taxi.

Whatever you do, remember that "Wireless Road" is called something else in Thai. One time I was trying to take a cab to Wireless Road and the taxi driver had never heard of it. I finally git there, though, in another taxi.

Yes, the Thai name is witH thaH yooH

You can also think of it as Wittayu. They will understand that.

You want close to the Embassy and Nanna, why not just stay in Nanna? It's a 30 baht taxi ride to the American Embassy from Nanna. Why walk to save for a dollar? I would recommend the Majestic Suites on Sukhumvit road, just across from the Nanna hotel www.majesticsuites.com

Edited by lovedog100
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You want close to the Embassy and Nanna, why not just stay in Nanna? It's a 30 baht taxi ride to the American Embassy from Nanna. Why walk to save for a dollar? I would recommend the Majestic Suites on Sukhumvit road, just across from the Nanna hotel www.majesticsuites.com

Majestic Suites fronts on Sukhumvit, doesn't it? Across from Nana Hotel (or nearly) would be Dynasty Inn.

• Upvote 1

Before i stayed at the Nana, I'd go further down Soi 4 and stay a a nicer place, the Dawin, or slip over to Soi 2 and hitch up with the Solo Hotel and enjoy an excellent hotel and an outstanding breakfast as well. Lots of options in that area.

First class accommodation with a low price and within easy reach of the embassy.

http://www.blistonresidence.com

I used to stay there when it was part of the Ascott/Somerset Group (Somerset Suwan Park View). Great rooms, but the restaurant was crap - offset by the excellent Italian, Gianni's, just about opposite the hotel.

Edited by CheshireTom

I used to stay there when it was part of the Ascott/Somerset Group. Great rooms, but the restaurant was crap - offset by the excellent Italian, Gianni's, just about opposite the hotel.

Correct you are CT!

'Just tried to check their rates, but their website is screwed up. Asks for arrival & departure dates and then tells you your departure date is before your arrival date (when it's not). Crap like that makes a bad impression.

'Just tried to check their rates, but their website is screwed up. Asks for arrival & departure dates and then tells you your departure date is before your arrival date (when it's not). Crap like that makes a bad impression.

Whose rates?

Just tried the Bliston Reservation System - something's not right ... asking for CC details on an insecure site ... :ninja:

If booking, best stick to doing so through Combined Hotels/Latestays/Wotif etc.

Edited by CheshireTom

Whose rates?

Just tried the Bliston Reservation System - something's not right ... asking for CC details on an insecure site ... :ninja:

If booking, best stick to doing so through Combined Hotels/Latestays/Wotif etc.

Bliston, I couldn't even get to the page you're showing though. I entered 30 NOV 2012 for the arrival date, and 4 DEC 2012 for the departure date, and it kept telling me my departure date was before my arrival date. Really wanted to just check rates though, and your page shows some 3200B per night all in, and that's what I wanted to know. Not cheap.