Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 246 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Cheap Affordable Transport Bangkok to Pattaya Mini Van Service

You grab an air conditioned van back to Pattaya from Bangkok at Victory Monument by taking the "Pattaya Van" service which can be found right around the corner from Exit 4 of the BTS Skytrain Victory Monument stop. The price to go to Pattaya is only 97 Baht and it takes you to Pattaya Tai Road near Tukcom and very close to Walking Street. They will drop you off anywhere along the way on Sukhumvit Road if you ask them. I highly recommend taking this service around 2:00 PM or so to avoid traffic in both Bangkok and Pattaya as the trip took only 1 hour and 40 minutes. I've taken it at different times in the morning and evening which will add about 30 additional minutes to your journey time.

Here are a few photos:

post-23744-0-63013700-1351312227_thumb.jpg

post-23744-0-19152000-1351312235_thumb.jpg

post-23744-0-64099600-1351312244_thumb.jpg

Bus times seem to leave about every 15-20 minutes or whenever the vans fill up. Great affordable service if you just want to spend a day or so in Bangkok and not getting hammered in your wallet.

• Upvote 2

Yes I have used this service.... it can seem to be whizzing along quite fast and efficiently.

Although on the way out we had a longish stop to fill up with LPG or some obscure fuel....

And how quickly you make it also depends on where other people want dropping off.

In the other way, Pattaya -> Bangkok, main "departure stations" on Pattaya Tai are opposite Friendship (~100 meters after/Est of Tukcom, 97 baht) and in front of the FamilyMart behind Center Condotel (150 meters before/West of Tukcom, 100 baht). Others "stations" in Pattaya North/Naklua and Jomtien. Last time about 2 hours with a start at 7am.

In the other way, Pattaya -> Bangkok, main "departure stations" on Pattaya Tai are opposite Friendship (~100 meters after/Est of Tukcom, 97 baht) and in front of the FamilyMart behind Center Condotel (150 meters before/West of Tukcom, 100 baht). Others "stations" in Pattaya North/Naklua and Jomtien. Last time about 2 hours with a start at 7am.

Absolutely correct, I use the one in front of Family Mart on Pattaya Tai and it's 100 baht, leaves about every 30 minutes as well. I go to Bangkok at least once a month so for me this is a really good service as I live on Pattaya Tai.

Additionally, you can take the above van to Victory Monument then take the BTS to Phaya Thai then connect to the Airport line and Suvarnabhumi Airport.

To round out the information on this thread the van departing from the Pattaya Tai location starts at 6:00 AM until 8:30 PM, here are a couple pictures as well:

post-23744-0-60763900-1351345814_thumb.jpg

post-23744-0-10130400-1351345832_thumb.jpg

Using these vans has saved me a considerable amount of money and also makes it very simple to do a day trip to Bangkok from Pattaya without spending a couple thousand baht in transportation costs. Also, these vans will generally stop for gas/petrol somewhere along the way which adds an extra 15 minutes to the journey. For those with extra luggage, you will need to buy an extra seat for your bag.

Edited by tequilareef

These vans (there are several outfits in Pattaya some that stop opposite the school on 2nd near the PattayaTai lights, others outside TOPS and also near Suk on Klang) also do a good package delivery service too, as quick as time the van takes plus getting things too the 'depot' & picking up the other end ;)

The advantage to me, or rather the missus, with these vans, is that you can get a phone number, and can arrange to be picked up on the way. That is applicable as I live near Sukhumvit/Hwy 36 and they don't mind picking up there. (They then head up 36 to get onto the 'motorway (#7)). Although she often ends up in the remaining jump seat.

I find these vans a bit cramped as I am quite tall, so usually ride my bike into North Pattaya, and get the regular Ekamai bus from Rong Ruen, There is a bike park right next to the bus station. These busses use the new motorway extension, then 7, and change to Hwy 3 using the elevated road into Bang Na. I often get off before Ekamai to get on the Skytrain as Sukhumvit is slow.

Last return trip the bus stopped and picked up what appeared to be students from a bus station after Ekamai, further down Suk, and these guys wanted dropping off in Laem Chabang, which basically meant the other 50 passengers got screwed as the bus went through heavy traffic towards the port and had to go the wrong way for miles.

Really good information - thanks for that. I have been wondering about such (small bus/van) services from Victory Monument, and this one is right on the money.

Really good information - thanks for that. I have been wondering about such (small bus/van) services from Victory Monument, and this one is right on the money.

The trouble with the van services (not just the Victory Monument crew, but in general) is that you can end up really squashed into the van with a driver who thinks he's on contract to Red Bull. Personally speaking, if I was around lower Sukhumvit and looking to head down to Pattaya on the cheap, I'd be getting the skytrain to Ekamai, not Victory Monument.

That said, I'm heading on a trip tomorrow morning and catching a minivan is really the only viable option for the first part of the journey. :ninja:

Edited by CheshireTom

Another point: It can be an cheap and fast way to send a packet/parcel to/from Bangkok. Just bring it to them, with clear indication on it of Name and Mobil Phone Number of the person in BKK, pay a small fee, and the person just will have to take it at Victory Monument about 2 hours later :smile:

• Upvote 1

The advantage to me, or rather the missus, with these vans, is that you can get a phone number, and can arrange to be picked up on the way. That is applicable as I live near Sukhumvit/Hwy 36 and they don't mind picking up there. (They then head up 36 to get onto the 'motorway (#7)). Although she often ends up in the remaining jump seat.

I find these vans a bit cramped as I am quite tall, so usually ride my bike into North Pattaya, and get the regular Ekamai bus from Rong Ruen, There is a bike park right next to the bus station. These busses use the new motorway extension, then 7, and change to Hwy 3 using the elevated road into Bang Na. I often get off before Ekamai to get on the Skytrain as Sukhumvit is slow.

Last return trip the bus stopped and picked up what appeared to be students from a bus station after Ekamai, further down Suk, and these guys wanted dropping off in Laem Chabang, which basically meant the other 50 passengers got screwed as the bus went through heavy traffic towards the port and had to go the wrong way for miles.

Hey buddy thanks for that additional valuable tidbit of information. I would imagine calling the telephone numbers on the photos would do the trick. Cheers!

Hey buddy thanks for that additional valuable tidbit of information. I would imagine calling the telephone numbers on the photos would do the trick. Cheers!

Welcome.... I am often stood at the Sala on Sukhumkvit rubbing the crusts out of my eyes, looking at the crazy driving antics of the rush-hour drivers, until she gets picked up.

Thanks for this information tequilareef :smile: . It sure helps to know of other options for transport, especially between Pattaya and Bangkok. Also much cheaper than a taxi or dealing with a crowded bus.

Most welcome, here's a link to their English website for even more information - http://www.pattayavan.com/2010/index_en.html

I have taken these vans quite a few times and will probably continue to do so in the future. It is really economical transportation; in fact I don't see how they can be making money on this route charging only 100 baht per seat. Here are a few things to be aware of:

• There is not a lot of leg room. I am about 6 feet or 183 cm tall and barely fit. Any taller and I would probably pay about 10 times as much and take a taxi.
  • Between the usual fuel stop and sometimes many stops to pick up or drop off people at alternative locations it can sometimes take much longer than 2 hours.
  • If you have a backpack or small duffle bag you can probably fit it on the floor somewhere. However, as some one mentioned, a larger suitcase will probably require the purchase of an extra seat.

I always take my Samsonite computer bag which is big enough for two computers or 1 computer and a days worth of clothes. I try and get a seat up front if possible as there is more room for belongings. If not, I just use it as something to lean on in the same seat as my person. IMHO this beats the hell out of the state run Ekamai bus route. BTW I'm 5'10" but I could see larger gents having an issue with the seat size.

• 4 months later...

The trouble with the van services (not just the Victory Monument crew, but in general) is that you can end up really squashed into the van with a driver who thinks he's on contract to Red Bull. Personally speaking, if I was around lower Sukhumvit and looking to head down to Pattaya on the cheap, I'd be getting the skytrain to Ekamai, not Victory Monument.

That said, I'm heading on a trip tomorrow morning and catching a minivan is really the only viable option for the first part of the journey. :ninja:

My first experience with these vans was catching one from Hua Hin to the Monument. We stood on the side of the road with snakes around our feet ( or so the TG told me) with no cover for 30 minutes before finally being picked up. The bus finally stuffed into the back of a van with broken shocks. This was not what I traveled to the other side of the earth to experience.

Frankly I don't see how some of the guys tolerate the long trips to the borders for visa renewals.

My first experience with these vans was catching one from Hua Hin to the Monument. We stood on the side of the road with snakes around our feet ( or so the TG told me) with no cover for 30 minutes before finally being picked up. The bus finally stuffed into the back of a van with broken shocks. This was not what I traveled to the other side of the earth to experience.

Frankly I don't see how some of the guys tolerate the long trips to the borders for visa renewals.

The minivans are generally OK if you are off the main tourist routes. It's the extra baggage that makes them uncomfortable (and unsafe).

I've only done 4 border runs.The larger vans used for them are far more spacious with each passenger having their own seat-what we call in the States a Captains Chair.Of course they recline also,have curtains and video if you are so inclined.I was not aware there were vans to the border similar to the van described in this thread.