Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Tattooist recommendations?

Before I start, I have searched the forum's (and Google) but unfortunately there are many old posts pre- 2007 relating to this topic and dead site links so ... Does anyone have any recommendations for the best tattoo artists in Pattaya or places they have been 'inked' before that they could recommend?

I already have 5 tattoo's so no need to give me a run-down on how they will look when i'm 65yrs old, why I shouldn't get another one or how I will look thuggish' and unprofessional etc .. :uh-uh:

Cheers! :thumbup

I'd like to find a Wat where they do the sak yant tattoos, but I haven't been able to find one in the Pattaya area. Anybody got any hints? Thanks.

The best place to go is Wat Bang Phra in Bangkok where I got mine.

The tattooist in the wunderbar complex just behind scooby's bar on 2nd road is highly rated.

My old man had some cover up work done and he did a great job.

I've had a beer with the guy and his dad too nice blokes and English is pretty good.

Richard in Scooby's can give you an intro if your shy.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

A sample of bamboo tatto by Max at Mr.bamboo at the top of Soi 3 - he was a former monk and does the blessing also. Had this done in Sept this year and lots of compliments from both Thais in Pattaya and here in Canada.

A sample of bamboo tatto by Max at Mr.bamboo at the top of Soi 3 - he was a former monk and does the blessing also. Had this done in Sept this year and lots of compliments from both Thais in Pattaya and here in Canada.

Sorry....forgot the attachment in the previous post

iphone4s photos 010 small.jpg

I used Aud tattoo on second rd not far from south rd. i have two yants and he touched up for me. If want pics PM me :)

5000 baht if want it done with bamboo he calls in a ex monk me thinks

Actually, I was looking for an actual Wat with monks. Thanks

If you look in the Archives in this forum and read my trip report "The Isaan Experiment" it will explain all about my visit to Wat Bang Phra where I got my sak yant tattoos. It's very detailed and should tell you all you need to know. If you need to know anything else then send me a message.

As I said earlier theres only the one for Pattaya, and not 'Temple Based'

So if youre going to bite the bullet and travel then realistically it makes sense to go as Siam Sam says to Wat Bang Phra in BKK as this is de facto the 'field leader'

BTW this will save your mouse's scrolling wheel some wear ;)

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/49096-the-isaan-experiment/page__st__50#entry794562

• 4 weeks later...