Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Want to visit Pattaya Orphanage?

Here's where I turn to the collective expertise of Pattaya Talk's members. I just found out the orphanage needs "Bed sheets (size 1.5x2 m./set) for 60 cots." Does anyone have an idea of a likely place to get a good deal when buying sheets in quantity? If I had more time, I could shop around, but circumstances have ganged up on me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Evil

That`s a very noble cause and I wish I could be of assistance but as I`m not in Patts right now and would not know where to start with the sheets, all I can do is commend you for your efforts and wish you the best of luck in your quest. :thumbup

That`s a very noble cause and I wish I could be of assistance but as I`m not in Patts right now and would not know where to start with the sheets, all I can do is commend you for your efforts and wish you the best of luck in your quest. :thumbup

Thank you. Looks like I've solved the bed sheet issue. There's a hotel supply store on Pattaya Tai and Makro on Sukhumvit also has commercial bedding. Now it's just to strike a decent bargain. I'm generous with the girls, but I'm tighter than a Hungarian hobbit when it comes to dealing with businesses.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Evil,

I will be happy to attend the December one, arriving the 19th so hopefully that fits into your plans.

cheers

Rodney

Should be perfect timing, I'm thinking Dec 22 or 23, as I'm sure there will be many activities for the kids on Dec. 24-26. I'll keep you informed.

Cute girl who helped out by the way.....sorry, couldn't help noticing.

No reason to be sorry, I noticed that, too!

Nice work, EP.

Now, where'd you find that girl on the crawl? :thumbup

Coyote dancer at Sapphire. Her name is Bow. She has a very sweet personality. I almost wanted to ask her, "What's a girl like you doing in a place like this?"

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I would have loved to attend the Christmas visit Evil but sadly I don't get into town until the 28th December mate, however, I will gladly give you 3000bht to buy some treats for the little kiddies. I'll give it to you on the evening of the 28th in FLB mate OK!!!!! :thumbup :thumbup

• Upvote 1

I would have loved to attend the Christmas visit Evil but sadly I don't get into town until the 28th December mate, however, I will gladly give you 3000bht to buy some treats for the little kiddies. I'll give it to you on the evening of the 28th in FLB mate OK!!!!! :thumbup :thumbup

Consider it done. I'll get back to you with all the details of what's planned closer to the date. But one part I can reveal - I'll be dressed up in my Santa Claus costume. I used to play Santa at hospitals and children's homes in NY and NJ and took my costume with me to Pattaya last time I was in the U.S. The orphanage was keen for me to do this - said the kids would be thrilled.

Evil

A few more pics, taken by an orphanage staff member.

DSC_7739b.jpg

DSC_7740.jpg

DSC_7742.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Very nice job EP. Several years ago my wife and I made a very similar visit to the orphanage. My wife, says that I will have a very bad year if I don't do my penance, so I see another trip coming up when next in town in June.

• Upvote 1

EP

Excellent cause mate. I used to visit when Father Brennan was in charge, until some UK scum tabloid made horrific accusations against the man, which were untrue and unjustified. I honestly think that put the man into his early grave.

I've never boasted about being a hard man,and I'm not, but I was reduced to tears visiting the orphanage each time and seeing the children there, I felt not for thm, but for the ones not so lucky. The number of half farang/thai children is also surprising.

Gents, the orphanage is always grateful for nappies and baby formula, neither of which weigh much and both of which go a long , long way. If each BM put 10 nappies and 1 baby formula in their case for the Orphanage on their visit and delivered it there, then alot of lives would be improved.

EP I have a trip coming up, are you in town?. PM me mate.

Think of the Karma points lads, they go a long way. None of us are perfect, are we?.

Edited by Butch