Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

At this time I suppose it's by taxi

Not much trafic, maybe 1h15 travel

Leave at 5:30 ?

7 am? What time your plane ? After 9 am ?

PS: but always better to wait more than to miss the plane...

I allow a bit of time for the possibility of the passport line to be long, so if my flight was at 7 am, i would leave Pattaya at 04.30, be at airport 05.45, and then have 1 hour-ish to check in etc. I travel quite often through the airport and at some god awful times. I usually allow about 3 - 3+1/2 hours from Pattaya to time flight leaves

I agree,

My flights leaving BKK are 6:00 AM and I plan to be at the airport at 4:00 AM.

I have Mr T pick me up at my hotel in Pattaya at 2:00 AM to allow a little extra time incase of traffic (not that early) or any type of car trouble.

99% of the time, I'm way to early, but I just go in the lounge and check email or read until time to head to the gate.

LeoTex

At this time I suppose it's by taxi

Not much trafic, maybe 1h15 travel

Leave at 5:30 ?

7 am? What time your plane ? After 9 am ?

My plane leaves at 9:15. I am debating weather I spend the night in BKK or not. If it was my last night in SEA I would definatly stay in Patts, but I am on my way to AC

Thanks

I always get there too soon....... the ride to the airport is 1.5 hours at most, except when......

I came back from the airport last night...whizzed along well within the usual 1.5 hours, but in the opposite direction there was quite a tailback for a stretch of a km or so. Unsure of the cause but the stretch before the motorway split off, at about km 80 is always heavy, a lot of trucks, one accident and things are going to be bad.

• 3 months later...

On my next trip I'll want to leave for the airport at 4:00am. Are those taxi kiosks along 2nd Road manned 24/7? I'm afraid of having a pre-booked taxi not showing up and would want somebody who could make a call.

If my plane left at 09.15, i would leave Pattaya at about 06.00

06:30 fer me. Of all the flights I've ever taken anywhere, never has arriving 2 plus hours early made any difference whatsoever. The best/worst example was US customs in Toronto where there weren't enough US agents and I boarded the plane about 5 min before it was due to take off and still I was one of the first to board.

I have never had a delay on the motorway yet but always plan for it. For me I allow 3.5 hours prior to the flight.

When I hit the airport and get rid of the bags I wander down to the 7/11 and spend some money on phone credit and other things that I might need like batteries for the headphones. I then meander down one floor to the Restaurant Street and see whats interesting and have a light meal. After reading the paper, having the meal its time to hit the passport control and then into the international area. If you ask you can have free internet at either the cafes or go to the information desk and get it there. After a quick catch up on the net the plane is minutes from loading so I then get whatever duty free I decide to buy in Thailand and its up up and away.

I think that taking the extended version like the above does give you some peace of mind.

I have never had a delay on the motorway yet but always plan for it. For me I allow 3.5 hours prior to the flight.

When I hit the airport and get rid of the bags I wander down to the 7/11 and spend some money on phone credit and other things that I might need like batteries for the headphones. I then meander down one floor to the Restaurant Street and see whats interesting and have a light meal. After reading the paper, having the meal its time to hit the passport control and then into the international area. If you ask you can have free internet at either the cafes or go to the information desk and get it there. After a quick catch up on the net the plane is minutes from loading so I then get whatever duty free I decide to buy in Thailand and its up up and away.

I think that taking the extended version like the above does give you some peace of mind.

No argument from me but passport control is the only thing that can fook you up severely and if they do not only is it out of your control but so many others will be in the same situation that they'll probably delay takeoff.

I do find it funny, however, that most taxis need to stop once for gas and a second time for a M-150.

No argument from me but passport control is the only thing that can fook you up severely and if they do not only is it out of your control but so many others will be in the same situation that they'll probably delay takeoff.

I do find it funny, however, that most taxis need to stop once for gas and a second time for a M-150.

You are right about the stops made by the driver. Always seems to happen. I even went home with one driver some years ago coming from DM to Pattaya as he had forgotten something!

Strangely enough I would say that I have never been more than say 20 minutes at Passport. This in spite of shoes and belt off and hanging onto pants.I tend to go through at approx 5.30 PM and perhaps this is a good time but its just not been an issue.

'Wouldn't count on takeoffs being delayed no matter how backed up passport control or security is. A friend last year told me he begged some others waiting in line to let him jump in, and he barely made his flight to Manila, but he knew from check-in that the "flight was full", yet left about on time only about 1/3 full. The lines that night were backed up into the open terminal area and wrapped almost halfway around the terminal. It was by far the worst I'd ever seen it, but I don't believe many, if any, flights were being delayed. My friend had been one of the first to check-in when the counters for his flight opened, and still was only able to make it by jumping the line.