Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New Rate for Residence Garden

I'll be arriving at the RG on 22/12 for 3 weeks. The 250 baht surcharge over Xmas and New Year is good value as far as I'm concerned when comparing it to the "Gala dinner" surcharges other hotels will charge.

Well done guys, seems like we all don't have "crackpot" thinking.

Nor the TorrenoValentinoxxx BS ?

Dont try to change the target when the snowballs are coming your way.

Merchant banker my arse

BTW. Got any raffle tickets left ?

Nor the TorrenoValentinoxxx BS ?

Dont try to change the target when the snowballs are coming your way.

Merchant banker my arse

BTW. Got any raffle tickets left ?

I told you muppets that I wasn't a merchant banker, rather an investment banker.

If you wish to insult me, at least get your facts correct.

"my arse" - no thank you.

I told you muppets that I wasn't a merchant banker, rather an investment banker.

Invested in any raffles lately  ;D ;D ;D ?

Merchant Banker, Investment banker, it rhymes exactly the same.

You not out 'training'  then ??

It would be the ultimate convenience.  I'd never have to leave the hotel.

I hope you dont mean what I think you mean when you say Convenience ?

Pissing in the pools OK but floating turds ? >:(

Hey Patch,

Probably safe if you don't wonder off the beaten track.  Have been some incidents reported if you are alone and wonder down a vacent soi.  If you go up the soi by the Blues Factory to 2nd road or whatever it is called there, and then turn right and go directly to the RG you shouldn't have any trouble.  If you walk on the street, you still might get a baht bus for 10 baht even at that time of night.  

Cheers

It would be the ultimate convenience.  I'd never have to leave the hotel.

Especially if the RG was all-inclusive!  [smiley=gulp.gif]

and how far is it in kilometers/miles from FLB to RG ?

when u talk about taking the bus, it sounds far away  :-/

i was late and my travel agency picked it out for me

the information says 2,5 km to the city. or is it better to take the bus in any case ?  ;D

walk out of RG....cross the road.....wave down baht bus.....get off at soi 16 and walk to the end of it.....turn right.....FLB is on the left as you go up walking street.....10 to 15 minutes max depending on traffic.....http://www.bahtbus.com/map/map-walkingstreet.html

I got the short straw on the RG rate. My usual hotel is fully booked (29 Dec - Jan2) & a quick search & a few e-mails suggested that other hotels were the same. I didn't want to wait for a cancellation so I e-mailed the RG direct. Theywere pretty efficient and I have a room but at full rate (2500Bt). A few days later I joined this board on BigD's recommendation. Wish I had done so sooner!

I have been looking at the RG with a view to a long term stay so this is the ideal opportunity to test the water. Location for me is fine. 2 mins on a Baht bus, 10 min walk. Don't fancy the last 100m uphill though at 4am staggering all over the shop..I may need to invest in a pair of TG 'stabilisers' to help my balance. I am sure the bars on Walking Street provide a 'home delivery' service for a reasonable fee  :(

DSBones

Pity you didn't get the rate through the FLB.

On a side note, you mentioned long term stays. I seem to remember one guy who posted (here or elsewhere) about the RG in mid 2003. He had 2 or 3 stays of 30 days in 2003 and he could not get any reduction from the Bt1350 rate. Don't know if thats useful.

Whilst I like the hotel and I think Bt1350 is good for a holiday stay, it equates to over Bt40k per month. For a long term stay, Bt40k buys a lot of condo or serviced apartment.