Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Private Dancer Crazy Curry Night

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Draft beer ain't for me but I'm sure all the cheap charlies will love it

How much are you getting paid for all this back slapping wobbles.....?

• 2 weeks later...

Will be in on Wednesday the 16th you better have some hot curry and cold drinks and some entertainment for the old man so I don't have to talk to him all night. LOL See you soon.

P.S just forgot he is going to Bang Chang with a very Bad man that day, he maybe a bit warn out. I might just have to on my own. :lsmile

Edited by aussiechic

can't you understand that some people like draught beer? I would also point out that PD knows how to look after their beer and I have never had a bad one there.

Draft beer ain't for me but I'm sure all the cheap charlies will love it

can't you understand that some people like draught beer? I would also point out that PD knows how to look after their beer and I have never had a bad one there.

He only said it wasn't for him!

And it certainly does seem to be cheap.

Some places charge very little for a draft yet will hose you for a bottle of water or soft drink, it belies the fallacy that it is related to the cost price.

It is so 'hit and miss' with the drafts too, some are passable, some truly awful, and they do get warm quickly.

Sorry Jacko but this is what he said, Draft beer ain't for me but I'm sure all the cheap charlies will love it.

The reality is that there is no correlation between drinking draft beer and being a Cheap Charlie. There are many boardies here drink draft beer (and water and juice). There are some good reasons other than price. It appears to have a much lower alcohol level than bottled beer and it is also less carbonated so if you like to do some long term drinking it is perfect. On the basis of its alcohol level I would also point out that it is possibly the same price assuming that you are paying for the alcohol rather than the water. I also accept that some places do have draft as a lure to get you in the door and that's fine by me. There are a lot of places to visit that are only worth one drink and then its upwards and onwards.

I will also say that in some places I would rather drink battery acid than draft beer because it is rank however there are some places consistently good including FLB, PBG, Babydolls Private Dancer, Mistys, Sapphire, Baccara, The Office, Queen, Champagne, and XZone to name a few.

In view of the guy who made this post only seems to write about and to laud PD I am amazed that he is trying to single out draft drinkers to be of no consequence. Is he saying that draft drinkers should give this place a miss because they are nor welcome?

He only said it wasn't for him!

And it certainly does seem to be cheap.

Some places charge very little for a draft yet will hose you for a bottle of water or soft drink, it belies the fallacy that it is related to the cost price.

It is so 'hit and miss' with the drafts too, some are passable, some truly awful, and they do get warm quickly.

Sorry Jacko but this is what he said, Draft beer ain't for me but I'm sure all the cheap charlies will love it.

The reality is that there is no correlation between drinking draft beer and being a Cheap Charlie.

When you get into a discussion or argument, you shouldn't really get into it with an early sentence like this, I knew I was wasting my time reading on from here. If you don't see a any correlation you need to talk to a few bar owners and ask them why they offer it at such low prices, 1/3rd that of a bottle. And to the guy sat next to me once who made 1 draft last an age, then scrounged 10 baht off me towards the cost when he left Silver Star 2. :D

And I gave it to him......

Not easy to get an ice cube into a bottle....we all know where those come from.

There was no mention of Wobbly wanting draft drinkers to go elsewhere.

Edited by jacko

I think you will find Wobbly's comments were made as a bit of a joke, he is a good friend of the owner and has no axe to grind. Its just a bit of fun. Have you noticed on any of the curry nights just how many guys sit in there 15 minutes before serving time with just a single draft beer and then leave after eating as much as possible - while only drinking one draft beer.

• Upvote 2

I think you will find Wobbly's comments were made as a bit of a joke, he is a good friend of the owner and has no axe to grind. Its just a bit of fun. Have you noticed on any of the curry nights just how many guys sit in there 15 minutes before serving time with just a single draft beer and then leave after eating as much as possible - while only drinking one draft beer.

One bloke last night tried to get to the food before he'd even bought a drink.

He didn't get away with it though. :hithead

Mick. I take your point but what you are doing is to say that all draft drinkers nurse a beer to get a feed. This is totally incorrect and I think that I would spend possibly 5 baht to 1 on my lady drink to beer purchases from there and I often bar fine often. Ricky is a good host and recognises my value even if other don't. I would also point out that if you look at the other running thread on here Wobbly was accused by no lesser personage as MM for being a "Bar owner" and a "Shill" for PD. OK, he also accepted that Wobbly was possibly just enthusiastic about the bar. It also has to be said that Wobbly gets very enthusiastic and mentions the money that he will be saving when Leo and Chang is on special for 50/55 baht. Does this make him a Cheap Charlie?

I ask nothing more than fairness and what I have said is easy to see on the other PD thread that is now running into 200 plus postings with Wobbly being by far the largest contributor.

As a matter of interest, has he ever posted on any other thread?

Mick. I take your point but what you are doing is to say that all draft drinkers nurse a beer to get a feed. This is totally incorrect and I think that I would spend possibly 5 baht to 1 on my lady drink to beer purchases from there and I often bar fine often. Ricky is a good host and recognises my value even if other don't. I would also point out that if you look at the other running thread on here Wobbly was accused by no lesser personage as MM for being a "Bar owner" and a "Shill" for PD. OK, he also accepted that Wobbly was possibly just enthusiastic about the bar. It also has to be said that Wobbly gets very enthusiastic and mentions the money that he will be saving when Leo and Chang is on special for 50/55 baht. Does this make him a Cheap Charlie?

I ask nothing more than fairness and what I have said is easy to see on the other PD thread that is now running into 200 plus postings with Wobbly being by far the largest contributor.

Not all draft beer drinkers are cheap Charlie's for sure, but if you look at the curry nights, you can clearly see the men waiting for a free curry are all or 99% drinking draft beer and after eating, They come in about 15 minutes before serving time and leave about 15 minutes after. Its a conversation I have had with Ricky many times about the cost of food on the night versus the custom in return and is it worth it. Each to their own, but I would not have free curry nights like this is set up. I would try something different like they do at the Jade House were you buy a ticket for 200 baht and you get this knocked off from your bill if you have spent more than a certain amount which also gets you the free food

• Upvote 1

All fair comments. I guess that I always go and eat before I start drinking so it has never been an issue for me. I am buggered if I know how a serious drinker can go out in Pattaya and not eat first. I would keel over if I wasn't well fed before drinking. Sure, I have been to PD on chilli nights but when I get there, there is usually nothing left and as pointed out just a normal crowd because the bottom feeders have fed themselves and left. I guess because I have never once been there when the food starts I have not seen the el cheapo rush.

Not all draft beer drinkers are cheap Charlie's for sure, but if you look at the curry nights, you can clearly see the men waiting for a free curry are all or 99% drinking draft beer and after eating, They come in about 15 minutes before serving time and leave about 15 minutes after. Its a conversation I have had with Ricky many times about the cost of food on the night versus the custom in return and is it worth it. Each to their own, but I would not have free curry nights like this is set up. I would try something different like they do at the Jade House were you buy a ticket for 200 baht and you get this knocked off from your bill if you have spent more than a certain amount which also gets you the free food

Im sure they do, I drink draft in the UK, it is Guinness though because I like consistancy between bars

That's why it's not for me

I will also say that in some places I would rather drink battery acid than draft beer because it is rank however there are some places consistently good including FLB, PBG, Babydolls Private Dancer, Mistys, Sapphire, Baccara, The Office, Queen, Champagne, and XZone to name a few.

I am amazed that he is trying to single out draft drinkers to be of no consequence. Is he saying that draft drinkers should give this place a miss because they are nor welcome?

I'm glad you find cosistancy between bars, and I'm sure Ricky welcomes everyone the same

They were, I am a good mate of Ricky, Even though Rick's curry are great I always make sure I have a good meal before hitting the bars

You only need look

Edited by Wobbly
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...