Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Cheapy boat tour, 320 baht / person

The transfer boat

P1000951.jpg

The tour boat

P1000953.jpg

Some elder ladies looks more brave, than some of our lionhearted members....

P1000957.jpg

Relax

P1000961.jpg

No any high tech, GPS etc....

P1000964.jpg

The thai style life vests...

P1000975.jpg

The catch of the fishes was poor to compare with the other trips.... maybe because of the rainstorm...

P1000969.jpg

But still enough for a good lunch....

P1000986.jpg

P1000990.jpg

P1000993.jpg

P1000995.jpg

Relax around the island....

P1000977.jpg

P1000980.jpg

P1000983.jpg

P1000985.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010015.jpg

Edited by Gabor
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Looks like a fun day out.

Did the weather hold up...we keep getting afternoon thunderstorms?

Glad to hear nobody perished due to the under-supply of approved life-vests! :D

Love the Auto Pilot. What kind of knot is that Evel? I just know you were once a Boy Scout many, many years ago.

I suspect that the captain tied the wheel down while anchored so that the rudder wouldn't move around.

Edited by short

They had the overhead rug and crew guy carefully watching the lady boarding to make sure she didn't hit her head. 'Looks very safety - or at least comfort - conscious to me! :smile: 'Must've been fun.

That looks alright Gabor.

Love "sunken boat bar" at the beach. :thumbup

:chogdee2

PS

Slightly off topic but what's the deal with that small island just before Koh Larn that has a large house on it? Is the whole island private?

Edited by Dungheap

Slightly off topic but what's the deal with that small island just before Koh Larn that has a large house on it? Is the whole island private?

It's called Koh Krok - belongs to the Sabai Group. You used to be able to do day trips through the Sabai Inn/Lodge - not sure if that's still possible.

I think you had to supply a 50 kg rice bag and half a dozen PET bottles and string them together to make your own Blue Peter version. From the pics, there didn't seem to be much snorkelling or fishing going on.

Edited by CheshireTom

Looks like a fun day out.

Did the weather hold up...we keep getting afternoon thunderstorms?

If the posts on facebook were on the same day, there was a very strong thunderstorm with heavy rain during the early afternoon (2 days ago?)...but it cleared up rapidly, and the weather was clear and calm by 3pm or so.

From a quick glance at the pics, I didn't notice any heavy wave action.

So, Gabor, were you ever in fear for your life and starting to earmark one of the life vests for yourself? :P

From the pics, there didn't seem to be much snorkelling or fishing going on.

yeah... the fishes probably jumped voluntarily into the boat, just having a lunch together.....here we go again,.... the smartass starts his lame games...

If the posts on facebook were on the same day, there was a very strong thunderstorm with heavy rain during the early afternoon (2 days ago?)...but it cleared up rapidly, and the weather was clear and calm by 3pm or so.

From a quick glance at the pics, I didn't notice any heavy wave action.

So, Gabor, were you ever in fear for your life and starting to earmark one of the life vests for yourself? :P

It was yesterday.... on the sea cloudy, but no real rain...but it was visible, better to say the invisible city because of the heavy thunderstorm... we returned early because of the depressing weather, but at 5pm it was already sunny ....

Not at all, just like the elder ladies enjoyed the tour ....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Not at all, just like the elder ladies enjoyed the tour ....

Such foolhardy old ladies. One wonders how they got to such an advanced age being such foolish risk-takers.

(Ok, I'll stop now).

Looks good Gabor, went on one of them years ago when it was a bar closure day, took the whole bar out and had a great day same as yourselves.

Mind you caught more fish than we did :-) .... think we may have been drinking a bit more.

yeah... the fishes probably jumped voluntarily into the boat, just having a lunch together.....here we go again,.... the smartass starts his lame games...

LOL

That looks fun, Gabor. I enjoyed the photos and they made me feel I would have really enjoyed the day - so relaxing, but with the added bonus of catching your own lunch. I would be happy with such life vests - I've seen worse (or none).