Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Advise from the frequent visitors please, having looked at the Hotel review site and seeing rates paid by members then checking out some of the Hotels rates via there Websites, some have quite large difference in price to what reviewers have paid ?, will i be better off not booking a hotel before i arrive, it looks like you get a much better deal coming off the street rather than booking in advance.

Thanks in advance for any info

I booked my room at the penthouse, 2 months in advance, January is part of the busy season.  Most places have higher prices at that time.  "up to you" if you want to bounce from hotel to hotel after flying for hours to get to Thailand. :D  M_H

Two things that factor in when your getting a rate from the hotel are time of year and length of stay.  As an example on my last trip this past month I was paying 600 baht per night for a 30 day stay which I had received from an email, when my friend arrived about 10 days later and walked up they quoted him 1300 a night.  Another thing that might have factored in on my lower rate is that I had stayed there in June and Sep for shorter stays but at the same 600 rate.  Look for the hotels that have just recently opened and are likely to have some good deals.

Emil

Alfred,

The truth is the internet prices are usually higher than you can do in person.

If you show up and ask to see a room and it is OK with you then you ask price.  If you look relaxed and quite willing to walk down the street to another hotel it helps.

In late january you can probably do a bit of bargaining.  And there will be rooms.  But you might spend several hours hunting.  If you aren't tired from your trip and aren't hualing a ton of luggage this is the best bet.

Or book a room for 2 nights and pay their rate and look  the next day.  

Also, I a m a bit sceptical sometimes of the rates quoted here.  Like everything, we want people to think we are great negotiators and some might shave the price a bit.  Or m aybe not.  Who knows?

Jimmy,

I hope you weren't refering to me about shaving the price and to tell the truth I've never negotiated on a room price.  When I'm in Pattaya and looking for a room, (I'll already have one for a few days) I find a place that I like and walk up and ask for their rate, after I get a quote then I ask them what is their rate for a longer stay and either they or sometimes they have to ask the manager and I always get a quote significantly less.  If I like the quote then I ask to see the room and if the room is acceptable, I book.

Emil

whats happend to me a couple of times is

i go to reception ask for a room and they quote the price

for the most exspencive room after looking through the

computer or book but its always more than i want to pay,so as i go to leave suddenly oh yea we have a room

for you,TIT

Emil,

No.  Not refering to anyone specifically.  Just that people in general will remember the best deal they ever got and thats it.  Or someone won't mention the 70% discount was when they were painting the rooms and hallways and it stunk to high heaven.