Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

OK.  I am almost sold on Sandy Springs.  Location is good.  Rooms look OK.

Their websight sucks.  What can I say?

Look, I stay for 2 months at a pop.  I would rather not pay 990 a night.  Has anyone gotten or heard of deeper discounts to long term guests?

Yeah.  I got an outstanding deal from them: only 1200 baht from Jan 7-9 (peak season, what can you do?)

I'll be looking around for other accomodations once I hit town (I'm staying through the 29th).  Since you stay for longer periods, why not not get something cheaper than hotels?  I think you could get a fairly nice condo/apartment for 15000-20000 baht a month.  Maid service could also be arranged.

The Pattaya Mail is a good place to start looking for a place.

jimmy,

Every hotel that I've stayed at in Pattaya has given me a rate significantly less than their daily rate when I stay for a week or longer and the longer my stay the larger the discount.  As an example on my last trip I was paying 600 a night for a 30 day stay, when my friend arrived about 2 weeks later and walked up and asked for a rate at the same hotel for a shorter stay, they quoted him 1300.  As stevens has mentioned you can find even better deals.  On my next trip, I plan on checking out 2 places that I looked at on this past trip and if they are still priced at the same rate I will stay at one of them.

Emil

Thanks guys.  I actually looked at SS once in passing.  I asked the guy at the front desk about long term discount and got the 990 number.

Guess when I arrive I need to talk to manager.  60 days deserves better than listed rates IMO.  Unless they are full in which case why deal?

Yeah.  I got an outstanding deal from them: only 1200 baht from Jan 7-9 (peak season, what can you do?)

I'll be looking around for other accomodations once I hit town (I'm staying through the 29th).  Since you stay for longer periods, why not not get something cheaper than hotels?  I think you could get a fairly nice condo/apartment for 15000-20000 baht a month.  Maid service could also be arranged.

You can't compair the the two. A hotel does a make up and linen change every day, they don't in a condo unless you pay extra and I think it's around 130bht per time so add it up which turns out to be cheaper.

Bigmike.

I prefer a hotel to a condo.  I like room service, front desk staff, security, etc.  And when I did the math for an apartment and added the extras like elec, water, maid, etc, the savings aren't that big.

Whatever.  To each their own.

jimmy,

Some of the apartments include all those things you mentioned and I don't really understand why they don't call themselves a hotel instead of a serviced apartment.

Emil

Hell, if they offer the same services I'm open to them.  I don't care if they call it a retirement home so long as they don't mind a bit of noise at night.   :)

Jimmy,

ask for a high floor at Sandy Springs (prefer eigth floor 8) , they have nice views.  Also don't bother dealing with the front desk staff re discounts, they wont help, you need the boss for sure.  I really like this hotel but the front desk folks are not empowered to do anything other than follow the rules.  Cheers  

Thanks Flash.  I will try management next time.  Maybe they'll give me a deal for a 2 month customer.  One who returns 3 times a year.  Seems like for 6 months a year a discount is in order.

Pity Pinewood doesn't seem to get it.