Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I believe the street vendors sell pork scratchings (deep-fried pork rinds) rather than crackling.   It's a rather complicated process to make traditional British crackling. My mom was from the U.K.

Some recent meals:     Sunday roast at the Punch and Judy Pub. I should have turned the plate as you can hardly see the meat (three kinds, beef, pork, lamb). It was probably the best British-st

I've had several really good Sunday meals at Punch & Judy's, but I hadn't been there since late January and was concerned in light of some recent reports about a decline in quality. Here's the "tr

Posted Images

You need to get off that healthy eating kick!!! :D

Looks great Evil, and thanks for posting.

Any crackling with the pork ????

Unfortunately, no! That's possibly one thing you can't get outside the U.K.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

You need to get off that healthy eating kick!!! :D

Actually, I left out one pic from that meal, plus I had a pint of Old Speckled Hen!

2012 12 02_2410.jpg

It's not an Irish Coffee of which a purist would approve (should be a layer of thick, not whipped, cream on top), but it sure tasted good. Fresh strong coffee and a good measure of whiskey.

What was the cost of the Sunday Roast

It was under 300 baht, like 285 or 295.

Evil

• Upvote 1

A great value for a sunday roast is nana bar and cheese shop on soi khao noi,only 175 baht for pork and beef,huge plate,due to a very large yorkshire pudding. unfortunately they were very busy and undercooked some pork,andi had half on my plate,very chewy.Overall i will try again,maybe have the chicken or get some sample of the pork before i order,as i know nick and simon quite well.

Mama's cafe on soi 6?

can't say that rings a bell.

Mama's cafe on soi 6?

can't say that rings a bell.

It's quite close to the intersection with Beach Road, on your right if you turn into Soi 6 from BR. Here's the Web site:

Mama's Cafe

Evil

• Upvote 2

Sounds like you never made it all the way to Beach Road :P

It's not easy.

was gunna post something similar. Usually only one thing on my mind walking down soi 6 from second rd and then my head is swimming afterwards.

I don't typically hang around after the deed is done.

was gunna post something similar. Usually only one thing on my mind walking down soi 6 from second rd and then my head is swimming afterwards.

I don't typically hang around after the deed is done.

I usually make it to Jack Tar bar across from Red Point. They have a very good selection of food. But then, my lawyer is right next door, so I'm usually there on business.

Good to see Big Phil with you at Punch and Judy, Evil. All the food looks good.... :thumbup

I can also imagine not managing to get all the way down to the bottom of soi 6 to eat at Mama's.... couple of nice French/English machine translations on the site...

1) Pasta to the Italian = Pâtes à l'italienne = Italian Pasta

2) Kitchen rafinnee = cuisine raffinée = fine cuisine

3) Map of meat and fish = carte de viande et poisson = Meat and Fish Dishes

4) you can restore.... = vous pouvez vous restaurer = you can eat

and my favourite...

5) We welcome you without interruption = nous vous recevons sans interruption = we welcome you at any time of the day (don't close between lunch and dinner)

Yep, bit short of mental stimulation over here. Never mind, just got my haggis, venison, venison sausages, black & white pudding and oatcakes delivered from Scotland..... :bhappy

Andy Cap

Guest Fatboyfat

Good to see Big Phil with you at Punch and Judy, Evil. All the food looks good.... :thumbup

I can also imagine not managing to get all the way down to the bottom of soi 6 to eat at Mama's.... couple of nice French/English machine translations on the site...

1) Pasta to the Italian = Pâtes à l'italienne = Italian Pasta

2) Kitchen rafinnee = cuisine raffinée = fine cuisine

3) Map of meat and fish = carte de viande et poison = Meat and Fish Dishes

4) you can restore.... = vous pouvez vous restaurer = you can eat

and my favourite...

5) We welcome you without interruption = nous vous recevons sans interruption = we welcome you at any time of the day (don't close between lunch and dinner)

Yep, bit short of mental stimulation over here. Never mind, just got my haggis, venison, venison sausages, black & white pudding and oatcakes delivered from Scotland..... :bhappy

Glad to see you are on the health kick. What with the Oatcakes an'all :llaugh :llaugh

Andy Cap

Edited by Fatboyfat
  • 4 weeks later...

Another excellent Sunday roast at the Punch & Judy:

P1010194.jpg

Cost was 295 baht, plus 75 baht for SML. A very big portion (trio of meats - lamb, beef and a quarter chicken). I'm still full from it.

Evil

• Upvote 3
Another excellent Sunday roast at the Punch & Judy:

P1010194.jpg

Cost was 295 baht, plus 75 baht for SML. A very big portion (trio of meats - lamb, beef and a quarter chicken). I'm still full from it.

Evil

Did it include "seconds" (plate refills)? Not that I could even finish what's shown.

Did it include "seconds" (plate refills)? Not that I could even finish what's shown.

No, it didn't include seconds. You'd have to be one hell of a powerful eater to put back more than one plate. I couldn't finish mine, either.

Evil

• Upvote 2

I don't think I could finish it.

Any bottomless iced tea? :ninja:

It is 10 baht, Roland's ten baht!

But that does look like a good meal, and at 295 baht a good price.

One of my favorite Thai dishes - kale with crispy pork:

2012 12 20_2834.jpg

2012 12 20_2836.jpg

The street eatery between Sapphire Club and Shark on Soi 15 does it very well.

2012 12 20_2837.jpg

Evil

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

I've yet to have a disappointing meal at Mama's Cafe on Soi 6, whether I've chosen Thai or farang. This squid dish was excellent:

P1000038.jpg

I seldom eat pizza in Pattaya because it's rarely any good. But I saw the pizza another customer had ordered at Mama's and decided to give it a try. Definitely tasty, with the crust baked perfectly.

P1000042.jpg

Evil

• Upvote 4