Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Oman Air report LHR-BKK via Muskat

The Oman air 30 kg Baggage allowance was good. I had already reserved my seat on all four legs and had chosen seat 23D. The Boeing 300/200 seating in economy was 2-4-2 with no “C” seats so 23D was a centre-aisle seat towards the front of of the economy section slightly forward of the wing.

The aircraft on the LHR-MCT-BKK flights are Airbus A330s

There was no electrical boxes under any of the seats as far as I could ascertain giving room to stretch out your legs unhindered. Seating was comfortable and seat pitch good considering it was economy.

According to SeatGuru, the IFE boxes are under seats A and K (window seats).

Edited by CheshireTom

The aircraft on the LHR-MCT-BKK flights are Airbus A330s

Just checked my ticket and can confirm your comments Aircraft: AIRBUS INDUSTRIE A333 JET

According to SeatGuru, the IFE boxes are under seats A and K (window seats).

Perhaps that is why I couldn't see them.

• 1 month later...

I flew to Bangkok via Muscat last year on Oman Air business class. The service was impecible and at around £1600 return pretty good for the price. Having travelled biz class on most airlines, I have to say this airline is certainly my favourite. The only gripe is that they don't go direct from Heathrow.

I flew to Bangkok via Muscat last year on Oman Air business class. The service was impecible and at around £1600 return pretty good for the price. Having travelled biz class on most airlines, I have to say this airline is certainly my favourite. The only gripe is that they don't go direct from Heathrow.

I guess you mean that you have to change in Muscat?

To be expected really with a Middle East based carrier with a hub in the Middle East.

I just wish they flew to Manchester...I certainly don't want to change at Heathrow.

These new carriers trying to break into the market are good for offering deals.

Etihad/Qatar all looking for about £2100 now...... I can get it for £1500 ex-UK but I live out in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Oman air last year in Business class, & was very impressed.

The year before I went by Emirates (in Business) from Newcastle cost more & was rubbish compared to Oman (IMHO)

This year I am back with Oman Air :bhappy

Be Nice

Moby69

I used Oman air last year in Business class, & was very impressed.

The year before I went by Emirates (in Business) from Newcastle cost more & was rubbish compared to Oman (IMHO)

This year I am back with Oman Air :bhappy

Be Nice

Moby69

Is it worth the Heathrow transit?

Or perhaps you travel to London on land?

• 1 month later...

Is it worth the Heathrow transit?

Or perhaps you travel to London on land?

Hi Jacko

Last year I drove down, very pleasant, my mate lives just round the corner from LHR so was able to park the car at his :lsmile

But the drive home was bloody awful :angry2

This year I will be letting the train take the strain :bhappy 1st class to Kings X (+return) beer & food included :thumbup :thumbup My mate gets me a ticket for less than £30 :lsmile

Be Nice

Moby69