Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Indian food reccomendation....

There are 3 "AIr Conditioned" Indian restaurants 100 meters south of Pattaya Tai and 2nd Road intersection (left side if facing Jomtien). A few days ago when I ate at one (checked the menu of the others) it also cost 280 baht for chicken masala and one garlic nan (decent, but nothing outstanding). Awhile ago, when i ate in the non-enclosed and no-AC restaurant around the corner behind the school, it was cheaper and tasty, but the place is small, crowded and service so-so.

Looking forward to trying some of the recommendations on this thread.

P.s. Near Silicon Valley California, I use to go to lunch with some Indian Techie friends and we'd eat at Indian food buffets for $10 USD (300 baht) so it does seem comparatively expensive here, but it is a 'foreigner' food here so...

A little bit further away from Central Pattaya, up in Wongamat - Naklua Soi 16, right at the very end of the soi around to the right. There is a newly opened big open air (roof over) Indian restaurant called Seven Seas. I tried i a few nights ago. Food was good and large portions, service good. One of the better Indians i have been to in my 9 years here.

I tried a few different dishes and thought it was good. Average price will cost you about 250 baht for your curry + what ever you want to add i.e nan or rice

Guest Fatboyfat

I don't think I have ever seen any Indian (diners) in any of the Indian restaurants here. However, the same could be said for the vast majority of restaurants in the UK as well.

Do Indians pay ~10 USD for meals in Patts.

that seems odd to me.

Yes, in some places. Not all Indians are cheap charlies and so short of money like many think

P.s. Near Silicon Valley California, I use to go to lunch with some Indian Techie friends and we'd eat at Indian food buffets for $10 USD (300 baht) so it does seem comparatively expensive here, but it is a 'foreigner' food here so...

You can eat Indian on both ends of the scale in the UK, where it isn't foreign food!

Do Indians pay ~10 USD for meals in Patts.

that seems odd to me.

I sometimes cut through that condo area at the back of Big C-X, goes between Soi Yume and 3rd Rd. At the 3rd Rd end is an Indian restaurant and every time I have passed there seems to be a crowd of Indians out-front. Normally indicative of 'cheap'...... :D
  • 1 month later...

I think thats a veggie indian,which most are in India too,plus no beer.

I sometimes cut through that condo area at the back of Big C-X, goes between Soi Yume and 3rd Rd. At the 3rd Rd end is an Indian restaurant and every time I have passed there seems to be a crowd of Indians out-front. Normally indicative of 'cheap'...... :D

I think thats a veggie indian,which most are in India too,plus no beer.

No beer, with a curry, they have no idea these Indians!

He told me that it was nothing like a british curryhouse,i said why do u think i want that,he walked back into the restaraunt,not a nice guy

No beer, with a curry, they have no idea these Indians!

what about veg indian food restaurants ? are there any decent ones ?

Saras is advertised but looks pretty expensive to me. Is in the Sun City Hotel (next to Siam Bayshore) Door2Door delivery as well.

• 1 month later...

I think i have a better one for you,though i havent tried the one you suggest yet.

I thoroughly recommend Maleez,its on Buakhow just 20 yrds south of the Lengkee-Diana junction.It only sells chicken

curries but they are very tasty with a thick consistency.

All the curries are priced at 110B and the Thai rice is 15B.

Try it mate i think you will like.

Is this place Maleez still there?

I have walked south on Buakhao from a little beyond the Soi LK Metro intersection, and see no sign of it.

If it has decent chicken curries for 110 baht I want to try it. I am with Papillon, there is no reason for a curry at a run-of-the-mill cafe to cost more than 100 baht.

Look to Los Angeles: a nice vegetarian meal with (small) portions of 3 or 4 items for $5-6, or 150 to 180 baht.

Maleez/Eat Well is still there.

http://www.maleezlodge.com/

You can get chicken, fish, lamb and vegetarian curries along with the usual Indian appetisers and Tandoori dishes.

I ate there last night and thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

Onion Bhaji 80 Baht

Chicken Tikka Tawa Masala 180 Baht (Served bubbling on a hot plate)

Saffron Rice 40 Baht

Leo Beer 50 Baht

Trip Advisor review here

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3859025-Reviews-Eat_Well-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Edited by The_Fat_Controller
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL........!

Popular dish in Australia. I think most of the Indian dishes we are use to are created for us us white people. I go to an Indian place in Singapore where 90% of the customers are Indian, they eat curry and rice with their hands the dirty bastards. They have chicken curry, mutton curry and vegetable curry. You ask for a vindaloo or madras and they give you a WTF look.

Just forget about indian food in Pattaya, those sour burps...i regret it every time.

I don't eat indian food at all , it's shit on a plate.....!

Edited by Nightrider