Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattaya Beer Garden........RIP

Well this could have been any woman really, not only a burka clad muslim one, but I do accept the possibility such a woman would talk down to a receptionist, they are arrogant and have been known to abuse servants. But the receptionist should have been trained to handle such situations, and been able to hand off the problem to a senior, preferably male, (and Jewish).

To address your assumptions though, there was one other receptionist present (who wasn't going near this), a bellboy who I'm pretty sure was/is as girlish as the 2 girls and equally intimidated, and a barely visible older woman in a backroom who from what I could see was buried in some ledger books. 'Not a big hotel - I wouldn't have expected a much bigger cast of characters.

EDIT IN: Oh, wait a minute . I see this was from Jacko jumping in on a question really meant specifically for MrLV, whose response I'd actually like to hear. (So portions deleted.)

Edited by tomcat76
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT IN: Oh, wait a minute . I see this was from Jacko jumping in on a question really meant specifically for MrLV, whose response I'd actually like to hear. (So portions deleted.)

I am confused by this.

That place is getting good reviews for it's roast dinners too.

Jacko, i had a roast pork Sunday lunch there a few weeks back and it was excellent

Edited by bigmick

We went several times, PBG it is poorly lighted and very noisy, British style cooking, some dishes good with reasonable price but the service it's very slowly and the waiting times are usually long, but the last time we went has really passed the limit.

11beergarden12.JPG

We made the order at 19.48 and despite we called 3 times the waitress that ... she went in the kitchen to urge we received at first the nachos After only 30 minutes .... then arrived the rice, with the apologies of the waitress, at the end around 20.40 my plate coming.

12beergarden12.JPG

And missing again the order of another friend ... and we stop the order.

I understand it was high season, but the restaurant was full as the other time we had dinner.

Never more

Edited by Manganelli

120 BAHT FOR FRIED RICE??

That's one of the reason's I don't eat Thai there. Better and cheaper elsewhere but the location is nice and I go there for a couple of beers before I go to the gogo's

We made the order at 19.48 and despite we called 3 times the waitress that ... she went in the kitchen to urge we received at first the nachos After only 30 minutes .... then arrived the rice, with the apologies of the waitress, at the end around 20.40 my plate coming.

I understand it was high season, but the restaurant was full as the other time we had dinner.

Never more

Nice watch

120 BAHT FOR FRIED RICE??

That's one of the reason's I don't eat Thai there. Better and cheaper elsewhere but the location is nice and I go there for a couple of beers before I go to the gogo's

He can afford it... he has a Rolex. :D

Every restaurant I have ever eaten in pattaya (except Hilton lunch buffet) has screwed up my order or had delays or not had meals arrive together. That's Thailand... most places would not even listen to your complaints, some would want to give boxing to you however I have always found that when PBG screws something up it gets replaced with no questions asked if you are not happy. Further if you email Peter he will respond and I do believe he takes things on board. Its not easy running a business in Pattaya to western standards and I believe PBG gives it a pretty good go.

Regardless the view and location is superb.

• Upvote 3

It is dark there, making checks & menus sort of a challenge at night. But the location is worth it, and the dark ambiance is true of many places and I myself kind of like it. You can buy really cheap and quite small LED pocket lights all over, and they come in handy in situations like that if you can get in the habit of carrying one with you at night. (Or just use your phone.)

Edited by tomcat76

I still love the place, i like the food and service, i like the staff and i think Pete does a great job. 2000 meals a day, something has to wrong sometimes.At least Pete is always willing to listen to a fair complaint and rectify your meal if you are not happy. Not many places will do that.

Every restaurant I have ever eaten in pattaya (except Hilton lunch buffet) has screwed up my order or had delays or not had meals arrive together. That's Thailand... most places would not even listen to your complaints, some would want to give boxing to you however I have always found that when PBG screws something up it gets replaced with no questions asked if you are not happy. Further if you email Peter he will respond and I do believe he takes things on board. Its not easy running a business in Pattaya to western standards and I believe PBG gives it a pretty good go.

Regardless the view and location is superb.

Well said - Agree 100%

I love the place, the location, the food and the bum cleavage but I have to say no more for me. Last weekend I visited twice and each time I ended up getting my own menu after waiting 15 minutes but yesterday I sat and waited for 20 minutes and STILL I wasn't given a menu or asked what I wanted to drink. I have been a regular customer in there since it opened and have always been a satisfied customer but this was just too much and I just folded my newspaper got up and left... Complain??? To whom?? There was no fcuker to complain to!!!

Guess I have been lucky, never had a problem with the PBG. Only ever had a good feed and all timely as well.

Let's not forget why we go there.

IMG_0330 (Small).JPG

IMG_0537 (Small).JPG

Yep agree...Perhaps I should be pleased that nobody served me for 20 minutes..............20 minutes with free views of the sea, the beach and bum cleavage...thanks for the slap...

I had the Pork Cordon Bleu and baked potato in there two night ago and it was very good, came after about 25 minutes. The place was packed and all the staff were running around due to how busy they are. My food came out hot and it was good.

Come on, give them a break, they are the biggest and busiest restaurant in Pattaya, i would bet 99% of the other restaurants would love to have 50% of the PBG customers

I have eaten there every time I'm on holidays in Pattaya (well sinced it opened) and I can't fault it.

Yes sometimes they are busy, just drink a few more beers while waiting.

Edited by Kev

I was staying near WS and went for either lunch or dinner there every day, sometimes for both in 2011. Used to love the place but it has gone downhill.

Service is good but the quality of food has dropped. I've never seen Thai girls not eating their food elsewhere. Beginning of the year, food was bad, thought maybe the place was too busy and it was prepared in a hurry. Went once in May, food was crap again. Thought to give the place a chance, went again for dinner after a couple of days, food was crap. Went there again during November, took a side dish, not worth it. Since then I'll only buy a drink as you can't get that wrong. Due to location the place will be packed no matter what happens I guess.

Went over there a few times, food quality was good, so I guess I should retract my earlier post. The service was hit and miss though.

Again, my experiences always positive, but there's kind of a case study here. It's not that great to have a place branded hit or miss. Hopefully the owner takes some of these observations seriously and actions them.

I have eaten there every time I'm on holidays in Pattaya (well sinced it opened) and I can't fault it.

Yes sometimes they are busy, just drink a few more beers while waiting.

I have a problem.... beer kills my appetite for food and improves my appetite for more beer.

Anyhow, some people say they can't get served, at all. Do you suggest they move to the bar?

Again, my experiences always positive, but there's kind of a case study here. It's not that great to have a place branded hit or miss. Hopefully the owner takes some of these observations seriously and actions them.

PBG food is value for money since it opened.

The draft beers are excellent too.

The staff is mostly friendly, but sometimes simply does not know of westerners expectations.

Last evening my wife ordered fried rice and spicy thai seafood salad, I was not that hungry yet and decided to start with garlic bread.

We could see arrive the garlic bread at the kitchen counter, our waitress went there without delay, only to come back without the garlic bread, the other dishes were not ready yet, she obviously wanted to serve all items of the order together.

Result was a cold garlic bread served with the other orders.

We simply sent back the garlic bread and got a hot one very soon.Problem solved. No question asked.

It might be a good idea to inform staff newbies about western expectations regarding hot/cold food.

But no point to talk this nice place down, it is really a unique place in Pattay and always worth a visit :bhappy

Been there many times

No complaints

EXCEPT my last visit

A freaking Nighmare

Still fee quezzy ....

Met a Thai Friendly girl there

She was late...

It was dark where i sat

Long hair in her face...

She arrived, quickly ordered a expensive Long Island tea

Got her turned around and hair outta her face

She FOR SURE did not look like

Her TF PICS :(

At least she was female

Got stuck for the expensive drink

Bailed to go find a 40 kilo coyote

Ya think Pete would spot me on

The drink?

LOL

OP

get over yourself

TIT

EX:

I am in BKK w wife

I am the only white Farang

I have seen in hotel

Same hotel 8 nights

Same "egg cheif" 7 mornings

I just taught her for the 8th time

WTF a scrambled egg is

Pete, rocking spot dude

Would like to have seen how you'd have handled a scene I witnessed while waiting to check into a hotel last week. The perp in this case was a burka-clad muslim woman who was all over an obviously competely intimidated young thai receptionist behind the desk who was being taken to task for not having a taxi cab, which had apparently been previously requested, ready soon enough for her and her two fellow hens. This muslim woman, dressed like Dickens' ghost of Christmas-yet-to-come and with the loudest mouth this side of Baghdad, was practically screaming at this poor young thai girl, who actually looked like she was about to cry but managed to maintain some composure. (I'm not even sure she had taken the original request, whenever/however made, and even knew anything about it.) This muslim woman was yelling at her like she was a personal servant who had failed to perform to her mistress' satisfaction, and was good for nothing but the street. Very loud. VERY insulting. Very demeaning. Nothing physical, but about as intimidating as one can get withOUT being physical. Had there not been a counter between them, I'm not 100% certain there wouldn't at least have been some finger-pointing-to-the-chest type of action.

So, oh great champion of the exploited, surely this poor thai girl would be entitled to your self-proclaimed white knight services, would she not? How would you have handled it? Would you have intervened?

Ok GI Joe- Let's get some background on this. Is there anybody there that looks like security? Someone who could assist or take control of the situation? I handled a situation like this years ago working in the security department of a major strip hotel. So give me some background and your answer ye shall get.

Ok GI Joe- Let's get some background on this. Is there anybody there that looks like security? Someone who could assist or take control of the situation? I handled a situation like this years ago working in the security department of a major strip hotel. So give me some background and your answer ye shall get.

Great, now we have Robocop

• keyman locked this topic